Loved by God in an unchanging way?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
We are loved by God. But is it true we cannot be loved by Him more or less? This depending on other factors?

Lucifer the fallen angel, does God still love him?

Angels aside, God loved you and I before we knew God was. We are taught you cannot earn more or sin and lose God's love. In John Jesus says remain in my love.

When we are born again and filled with the Spirit, do we weigh the same in God's love? Are we still worth the same?

If we are covered and filled with Jesus' sacred blood are we worth the same? When we are His and He says He loves you because you are His, is this the same degree of love?

Will our worth and His love not increase after we are glorified?

Lost souls in Hell, nothing can separate them from the love of God? Rom 8:31...

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe remaining in his love isn't referring to his love "for" us, but his love "in" us. Jesus said there was no greater love than laying down his life for us, so his love can't be greater in the future. And if he was slain from the foundation of the world, his love can't be less in the past.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I believe remaining in his love isn't referring to his love "for" us, but his love "in" us. Jesus said there was no greater love than laying down his life for us, so his love can't be greater in the future. And if he was slain from the foundation of the world, his love can't be less in the past.
You feel that God knowing us from eternity past to the end of time, causes an even measure of love that does not change?

God is said to not love us equally but uniquely.

He loves us and keeping to His own word, loves the other one as Himself.

He loves us when we are small children, but can also love our character when we are sanctified. YHWH knew all things and yet approached Moses in Exodus about to kill Him because his son was not circumcised. But Moses' wife complied and Moses lived. God seems to act on the moment sometimes.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When we are born again and filled with the Spirit,
If we are in Jesus >

"Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." (Romans 5:5)

I believe remaining in his love isn't referring to his love "for" us, but his love "in" us.
Hi, Rachel . . . welcome to Christian Forums :)

God is said to not love us equally but uniquely.
Well, Hebrews 12:4-14 talks about how our Heavenly Father loves us, by correcting us. But unbelievers are not being loved by being corrected by God > verse 8.

But "God resists the proud," we have in James 4:6 and also in 1 Peter 5:5. God is loving people by resisting them in their pride . . . so they do not get into much worse trouble, plus so they don't hurt others as much as they would if God were not resisting them.

So, how God is loving us does vary, practically. The benefits of His favor vary. And how we are has a lot to do with how we can benefit from being loved by God.

But Jesus has claimed in His own prayer that we in Jesus are loved by our Father > "as You have loved Me," He prays in John 17:20-26.

Upvote 0