Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can one still be wise and fall in love? Are love and wisdom the polar opposite of each other?
Biblical Love, agape Love is putting others above yourself in an act of humility creating a covenant whose intent/purpose is reconciliation/restoration. As such, the opposite is pride.

Since God calls us to Love (agape) all people the wise man lives his entire life in the Love of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: gordonhooker
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can one still be wise and fall in love? Are love and wisdom the polar opposite of each other?

Unless our heart is hard (and perhaps even if it is partly so), we can fall in love. Wisdom won't affect this natural, spontaneous thing that happens to us, that initial feeling, but it can help at that moment to know what to do with it.

In relation to love, wisdom is the choices we make before and during.

It makes sense to take in some wisdom, to aid in love, just like we might apply small wisdoms all (err...ok, most of) the time like putting car keys in a definite place (or 3, heh heh).

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It depends on what kind of love.

Real love (agape) of the selfless sort goes hand in hand with wisdom.

Temporary infatuations which people might feel and call "love" in English, since we don't have such distinctions, often behaves in very foolish ways and makes unwise decisions.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I suspect we'll never outgrow that. However, I think the physical part might come to an end. Read 1 Cor 7:36-38

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can one still be wise and fall in love?
As we get wiser, we become able to get into better love sharing.

If you fall for someone, I think it is good to check with God when you are more calm and desiring to do His will. And see if the person is helping you to get real with God and loving any and all people, including sharing as family in fellowship with various other Christians.

Or, is the person jealous, isolating you, and is your attention being attracted mainly to that person? . . . instead of to God and instead of to how more mature Christians are a good example for you.

If I am feeling like a certain women is the best and only one for me to share with, I am being tricked away from sharing with more mature Christians who I need to feed me their good example.

"And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment." (Philippians 1:9)

"Be anxious for nothing" (in Philippians 4:6-7).

Upvote 0