Divorced
“…nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the whole world

will ever be able to separate us from the love of God

that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8:39

If God had a refrigerator,

your picture would be on it.

Max Lucado
Yes, and it would look just like Jesus. "For you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God"

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i am reminded of God's "Fatherly" approach to Gideon, who was terrified of the enemies of him and his people, who were brutal and stole the crops they grew, etc. So he was hiding and thrashing grain, in a most inconvenient spot, so the enemy would not see him.

Then the Angel of the Lord spoke to him, greeting him with "thou mighty man of valor". God was building up Gideon's courage and simultaneously ministering to Gideon so that he would trust Him. In addition, as Gideon worked through his "training" of God teaching him to trust Him, God, in inexplicable grace and patience, did as Gideon asked Him to about the fleece.

God never got angry. He KNEW Gideon, and He KNEW that Gideon needed a Father and reassurance and gentle shepherding to grow beyond his initial "timidity" and to equip him to be that "mighty man of valor.

I love how God relates to and ministers to Gideon, and His Father-heart for him.

Thank you for this delightful study and meditation on God's Father-heart and His love for us.

God bless you. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Bob Wille
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God bless you Bob.

God was similar to me as He was to Gideon. I was "hiding" so to speak, and He did what this quote says.

I got to know His Father-heart, and He's never ever gotten mad at me or impatient, even though i was like a "spooked horse" at times. He "coaxed" me with HIs patience, His love, His tender mercies and His loving kindness.

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You are a blessing, Bob. Thank you for being such a blessing here on CF.

It's a misty and not-as-cold morning here. i'm digging out the boxes of the sections of the Christmas tree from a huge utility closet today....who knew there was soooo much stuff in there? hahaaa

By the way, the confirming moment of my realization that God is TRULY my Father, was when i was watching this video and it dawned on me how BIG He is, and yet how much He loves me....it was at that moment that it "sunk in" that i am truly His daughter. It was unabashed and raw delight in Him as my Father...it's also the same day that He sent a falcon to visit me....hard to explain, but it was a pivotal day of "realization".

Upvote 0