• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Love of God

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Bob Wille, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+197
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    “…nothing above us, nothing below us, nor anything else in the whole world

will ever be able to separate us from the love of God

that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 8:39

If God had a refrigerator,

your picture would be on it.

Max Lucado

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,746
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Yes, and it would look just like Jesus. "For you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God"

3. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+197
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+106,442
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i am reminded of God's "Fatherly" approach to Gideon, who was terrified of the enemies of him and his people, who were brutal and stole the crops they grew, etc. So he was hiding and thrashing grain, in a most inconvenient spot, so the enemy would not see him.

Then the Angel of the Lord spoke to him, greeting him with "thou mighty man of valor". God was building up Gideon's courage and simultaneously ministering to Gideon so that he would trust Him. In addition, as Gideon worked through his "training" of God teaching him to trust Him, God, in inexplicable grace and patience, did as Gideon asked Him to about the fleece.

God never got angry. He KNEW Gideon, and He KNEW that Gideon needed a Father and reassurance and gentle shepherding to grow beyond his initial "timidity" and to equip him to be that "mighty man of valor.

I love how God relates to and ministers to Gideon, and His Father-heart for him.

Thank you for this delightful study and meditation on God's Father-heart and His love for us.

God bless you. :)

5. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+197
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Your wisdom and biblical knowledge is astounding!
    May God continue to use you in mighty ways for His glory!

6. brinny

+106,442
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    God bless you Bob.

God was similar to me as He was to Gideon. I was "hiding" so to speak, and He did what this quote says.

I got to know His Father-heart, and He's never ever gotten mad at me or impatient, even though i was like a "spooked horse" at times. He "coaxed" me with HIs patience, His love, His tender mercies and His loving kindness.

[​IMG]

7. Bob Wille

Bob Wille Active Member

+197
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Thank you for continuing to share your insights regarding application of God's Word, both in your own life, and for all the rest of us sisters and brothers in Christ.
    You are a true witness for our Savior.

8. brinny

+106,442
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    You are a blessing, Bob. Thank you for being such a blessing here on CF.

It's a misty and not-as-cold morning here. i'm digging out the boxes of the sections of the Christmas tree from a huge utility closet today....who knew there was soooo much stuff in there? hahaaa

By the way, the confirming moment of my realization that God is TRULY my Father, was when i was watching this video and it dawned on me how BIG He is, and yet how much He loves me....it was at that moment that it "sunk in" that i am truly His daughter. It was unabashed and raw delight in Him as my Father...it's also the same day that He sent a falcon to visit me....hard to explain, but it was a pivotal day of "realization".