• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Love never gives up, never loses Faith

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Recovery, one Bible verse at a time.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV
11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Attachments

• il_340x270.881112751_13g3.jpg
    il_340x270.881112751_13g3.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 12

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The thought came into my mind the other morning, sort of out of nowhere as I was having my morning coffee and just waking up in general, that, "Faith is like water." It sort of gave me pause, since I wasn't sure where that thought came from and it had no explanation, so I was just standing there in the kitchen sort of listening in a way, internally. And then the explanation followed, as, "It never truly ceases to exist, it just changes form. When water evaporates into the atmosphere, in most cases one can no longer sense its presence, at least not very easily, and maybe not at all, but it is still there, and, there will come a time when, under the right conditions, one will be able to sense the presence of the water yet again, be it condensation or a downpour of rain." I wound up just sort of standing there for moment like, oh neat, yeah that does make sense.

Reactions: Hirono
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The thought came into my mind the other morning, sort of out of nowhere as I was having my morning coffee and just waking up in general, that, "Faith is like water." It sort of gave me pause, since I wasn't sure where that thought came from and it had no explanation, so I was just standing there in the kitchen sort of listening in a way, internally. And then the explanation followed, as, "It never truly ceases to exist, it just changes form. When water evaporates into the atmosphere, in most cases one can no longer sense its presence, at least not very easily, and maybe not at all, but it is still there, and, there will come a time when, under the right conditions, one will be able to sense the presence of the water yet again, be it condensation or a downpour of rain." I wound up just sort of standing there for moment like, oh neat, yeah that does make sense.
Interestingly, Ephesians 5 speaks of 'the washing of water by the word'.

Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, Ephesians 5 speaks of 'the washing of water by the word'.

Oh that is interesting indeed.

I am a bit backwards from most, or so it feels like. I've had several spiritual experiences throughout my life, some beautiful and some terrifying, but I know very little about what is in the Bible. I know some things from the scriptures, things that lodged into my mind as a young child and never left, but other than that, not much. Rather than being being taught and studying the Bible and gradually developing faith over the years, my personal experience has been more so like.. having a lot of faith in general throughout my life, but never having it specifically defined or sourced. I have felt a great deal, but my knowledge is limited. In the past weeks I have been experiencing what feel like little epiphanies, like little bubbles popping one after another, where it feels like I'm starting to see what has always been obvious. So now it is like I have a great deal of faith, but need to do the studying part. Which is honestly makes it exciting, since it's like every other thing I'm finding in the scriptures is matching up with previous things that I already felt, or thoughts that I already had. It's a very nervous thing, too. Apprehensive, more specifically, trying to tread carefully and make sure that my thoughts/feelings are not just muddied illusions or tricks. It's like a fine line between say.. like being receptive of spiritual messages, but also not accidentally just tooting my own horn without realizing it, in a way.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh that is interesting indeed.

I am a bit backwards from most, or so it feels like. I've had several spiritual experiences throughout my life, some beautiful and some terrifying, but I know very little about what is in the Bible. I know some things from the scriptures, things that lodged into my mind as a young child and never left, but other than that, not much. Rather than being being taught and studying the Bible and gradually developing faith over the years, my personal experience has been more so like.. having a lot of faith in general throughout my life, but never having it specifically defined or sourced. I have felt a great deal, but my knowledge is limited. In the past weeks I have been experiencing what feel like little epiphanies, like little bubbles popping one after another, where it feels like I'm starting to see what has always been obvious. So now it is like I have a great deal of faith, but need to do the studying part. Which is honestly makes it exciting, since it's like every other thing I'm finding in the scriptures is matching up with previous things that I already felt, or thoughts that I already had. It's a very nervous thing, too. Apprehensive, more specifically, trying to tread carefully and make sure that my thoughts/feelings are not just muddied illusions or tricks. It's like a fine line between say.. like being receptive of spiritual messages, but also not accidentally just tooting my own horn without realizing it, in a way.
It's good to have a regular Bible reading habit, prayerfully and dependently done; like this we can understand truth about God and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ; truth about ourselves; truth about the world; truth about love and faith.

Upvote 0

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#017 Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

◕‿◕ God bless you, @TurtleAnne and @faroukfarouk , and your friends and families too. In Jesus' name, Amen. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Attachments

• BOC53med_000.jpg
    BOC53med_000.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#017 Isaiah 40:31
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

◕‿◕ God bless you, @TurtleAnne and @faroukfarouk , and your friends and families too. In Jesus' name, Amen. Merry Christmas and Happy New year.
Great verse there from Isaiah! :)

A happy new year to you in the Lord's goodness also.

Upvote 0

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
◕‿◕ @faroukfarouk Yeap the Raffles Hotel is known by everyone here, close to the sea where the marina is at. If you're planning to come here, come at the cool months. It is very hot at other times. :D

(Btw, I'm replying here 'cos I can't find the reply button on the profile conversation, oops)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
◕‿◕ @faroukfarouk Yeap the Raffles Hotel is known by everyone here, close to the sea where the marina is at. If you're planning to come here, come at the cool months. It is very hot at other times. :D

(Btw, I'm replying here 'cos I can't find the reply button on the profile conversation, oops)
I didn't realize that being on the Equator Singapore had seasonal variation in temperature... :)

Upvote 0

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't realize that being on the Equator Singapore had seasonal variation in temperature... :)

Yeap, we do have that here, the monsoon rains helps to cool down the place by alot. Otherwise, in the months like e.g. May, it is super hot. o_O

Upvote 0

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
#018 Zephaniah 3:17 ESV
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Attachments

• 8f589cdc042121d01835095782b13967.jpg
    8f589cdc042121d01835095782b13967.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hirono

Dec 26, 2016
Singapore
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 43:2 NIV

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Attachments

• Decals-for-Living.jpg
    Decals-for-Living.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 14
Upvote 0