Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ok. I'm going through so much. Even more than I was in 05 during my psychotic break. I hope that God is going to help me once the test is over to Love thy neighbour as thyself.

This is something I struggle with. Sure it's easy to Love a women but to Love your neighbor as you do yourself now there is a challenge. I love God. I know I've been thru the ringer.

Hopefully I do become what God called me to be. A preacher that gets under the skin of ppl so I can lead them to the only water of life which is Christ Jesus.

Did any of you go through fire before knowing what God really had planned for you? Are when I came to Christ in 06 I was in fire for God. Then I backslid. Here I am today weaning off medication because it is so prwerful.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I once struggled a lot, and i still do a little at times. Im still learning to love others. Gods love inside is teaching me. Follow Davids example. Read the Psalms. Also, Paul teaches us that he found Gods grace was sufficient for all his weaknesses and distresses. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 Romans 5:3-5 Philippians 4:6-9 Paul's example helps me a lot.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: God is faithful. He is a GOOD Shepherd. He will lead you in ALL the ways that He has planned for you. TRUST Him in this, on your journey. He will surely, in His timing, grant you all that you need to be a living, breathing vessel for Him.

Praying, brother (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok. I'm going through so much. Even more than I was in 05 during my psychotic break. I hope that God is going to help me once the test is over to Love thy neighbour as thyself.

This is something I struggle with. Sure it's easy to Love a women but to Love your neighbor as you do yourself now there is a challenge. I love God. I know I've been thru the ringer.

Hopefully I do become what God called me to be. A preacher that gets under the skin of ppl so I can lead them to the only water of life which is Christ Jesus.

Did any of you go through fire before knowing what God really had planned for you? Are when I came to Christ in 06 I was in fire for God. Then I backslid. Here I am today weaning off medication because it is so prwerful.

The Greek word for love agape is used in the passage to love your neighbor as yourself. It means a kind of universal love--regard, respect, tolerance, acceptance, appreciation, consideration for others--rather than the affectionate love we feel for our spouse, children, family members, close friends.

It has no sexual connotations nor does it mean the kind of admiration we feel when we 'love' a personality or accomplishment or musical offering, etc.

Basically the word means to treat others as you would have them treat you. If we are in terrible danger, we want to be rescued. We should be willing to do that for others. Throwing a rope to the drowning man you hate is a form of agape love. (Of course you want to keep hold of one end of that rope.)

It means you don't want people to hate you or disrespect you or bear false witness against you or cheat you or be rude to you or unkind to you or to judge you unfairly, etc. etc. etc. And neither should you do that to others. There is no sin in being annoyed or irritated or resentful. The sin comes if we handle that inappropriately or in an unChristian manner. It does not mean that we are not to speak up when something is wrong, but we should take care that how we do that is intended for good instead of to hurt or punish somebody.

Just based on your post, I tend to think you're probably doing a lot better than you give yourself credit for. And don't fret too much about how God will use you. Make yourself willing to be used by God and He will take it from there.

• Friendly
Reactions: dabro
Upvote 0