Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There is a movie that I plan on watching later. It's about these school girls singing or something. I looked at the parental guide for the movie, so I'll know if there is anything that is bad, and for the most part, nothing is there except for "suggestive scenes" which I assume are nonexistent since there are things that are innocent to some but inappropriate for another. But the issue is, is the fact that these girls are known as "school idols". What does that mean? Are they just popular singers, or are they meant to be worshipped? I think this would be a cute wholesome movie for me to watch, but will I be sent to Hell for watching it?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a movie that I plan on watching later. It's about these school girls singing or something. I looked at the parental guide for the movie, so I'll know if there is anything that is bad, and for the most part, nothing is there except for "suggestive scenes" which I assume are nonexistent since there are things that are innocent to some but inappropriate for another. But the issue is, is the fact that these girls are known as "school idols". What does that mean? Are they just popular singers, or are they meant to be worshipped? I think this would be a cute wholesome movie for me to watch, but will I be sent to Hell for watching it?
Popular singers and no, you will not be sent to hell for watching it. C’mon. You think God is itching to send you to hell for nothing? You need to get out of that legalistic mindset.

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Reading this I'm guilty about myself very into the series, with the songs on my Spotify playlist, waiting for the for the new episodes when the anime of the second series (Love Live Sunshine!!) was on air and having a figurine of one of the characters on my desk... Well, I feel like I'm being called out. :p Not at all, just sit back and enjoy this fun movie.

The whole Love Live franchise is just very light-hearted with a motivational tone, basically it's about a group of girls trying their very best saving and promoting their school, as well as how they overcome different obstacles. The main series and the movie might have some innuendos (tend to be exaggerated in the fandom)or girls in slightly suggestive clothes (they're idol singers after all... fanservice might be a thing but in Japanese culture, this aspect tend to be on the cute side than seductive, with an exception of AV idols), it's not a major problem at all. The whole tone of the series is very positive focusing messages like hard work, friendship and dreams.

Upvote 0

※※♡Rose○Gold○Macaron♡※※

Jesus is sweeter than macarons.
Mar 12, 2020
Carterville Illinois
✟36,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Reading this I'm guilty about myself very into the series, with the songs on my Spotify playlist, waiting for the for the new episodes when the anime of the second series (Love Live Sunshine!!) was on air and having a figurine of one of the characters on my desk... Well, I feel like I'm being called out. :p
What character do you have? I have a tiny Nozomi Tojo charm.

Upvote 0

WDSobieski

Remember you're still loved!
Mar 25, 2020
Hessen
✟26,485.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I have a Hanayo scale figure and admit I have quite a lot of her traits like being a big eater :p I do feel that Christians do need to relax a bit and enjoy some fun shows or chilling with friends xD

Upvote 0