Logan City
✟757,090.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, it made the local TV news over here, in between teens racing a stolen car at 160km through a 60km zone, a drunken driver nearly killing other people on the Gold Coast, and a proposal for Japanese fighter jets to do some training with Australian fighter pilots, with two Prime Ministers shaking hands on the matter.

As a peculiar personal opinion, I think God intends to hand Australia over to the Japanese in due course. I think we (Anglo and Western European origin in the main) have been put here in a care-taker role, in between indigenous tribal culture (which wouldn't last five minutes if another nation took over) and the challenges faced by a country of 8 million square kilometres with 22 million people, cheek by jowl with Asia - China 1.4 billion, India 1.3 billion, Indonesia 255 million, Japan 126 million etc.

So for me the joint Australian-Japanese war games are long overdue.

Getting back to the original topic - What do I make of it? Being a male, I suppose i'm not as easily switched on emotionally as females might be (probably being a bit sexist there), so it didn't tug any heart strings I'm afraid.

As to the legalism of the marriage, I'll leave that to the Pope.

Now onto the next news bite, whatever it might be.

Upvote 0