Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke 10:25-37

On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

26 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?”

27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’ ; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”

28 “You have answered correctly,” Jesus replied. “Do this and you will live.”

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead. 31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denariie]" style="box-sizing: border-box">[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I really know poorly the scriptures. Thank you so much.
Besides that, Can you explain to me the conflicts between Samaritans and Jews, I think?
----------
Edit
------
Nevermind, I will research it myself. Do something. Sorry

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Luke 10:25-37
fyi if anyone is interested, this will link you up to the actual bible verses being referred to, courtesy of Christian Forums.

Reading the scripture helps me too, and it's only by doing this often, that I can understand, so thank you so much Jay

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really know poorly the scriptures. Thank you so much.
Besides that, Can you explain to me the conflicts between Samaritans and Jews, I think?

Think of modern day Israelis and Palestinians. They generally despised each other, so for a priest and a Levite (examples of the "best of the best") to pass the man by and then for a Samaritan to save him was 180 degrees from conventional wisdom. Jesus' parables were often like that.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,313.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you have perfect faith in God then you will have no fear because you will accept whatever situation God puts you in.

This kind of faith takes a lot of time to build though. We all feel fear at some things. I think the purpose is to get to a point of faith where, no matter what happens, nothing can shake the foundation of your relationship with God.

Upvote 0

Kerensa

Apr 20, 2017
Kent
✟103,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey.

Does the love in 1 John 4:18 include love for everyone? I read somewhere it was the love between the brothers\sisters. If it's only that, it exclude too many people.
I believe it does include everyone, but please clarify.

Thanks.

Yes, it does. The love mentioned three times in 1 John 4:18 is agapé in the original Greek — that's love that is universal and absolutely unconditional, not earned by favours or deserved by being a personal friend or restricted to those who are of the same in-group (whether Christians or others). It's the same word for love that John uses when he states twice, "God is love" (1 John 4:8 and 1 John 4:16). So it is the love of God, way above and beyond our limited human concepts of love. So it definitely does include everyone. It can't be otherwise. :blacksunrays:

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums