Love God?

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
"Yes, we love him because he first loved us. If a man says, "I love God" and hates his brother, he is a liar. For if he does not love the brother before his eyes how can he love the one beyond his sight? And in any case it is his explicit command that the one who loves God must love his brother too." I John 4:19-21 JBP

george

Veteran
Mar 29, 2002
springfield,ky
Visit site
✟2,406.00
Faith
Non-Denom
thats the only real true way that the world is going to see Christ, is through the love of his people, if we denie that love for one another, then we are deneying him to. the world will not see him unless we love one another, we can say we love if we want, but the proof is in the pudding (lol)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 09:21 AM GraftMeIn said this in Post #3

Amen! We are commanded to love one another!

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Yes, this is the verse I was going to put with what george wrote. Loving one another is not only a commandement, but it serves as an identification badge to the world that we are in fact Christians. We are known by the fruits we display.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
What George wrote fits perfectly with that scripture, It popped right into my mind as I was reading what he wrote. Amen to loving one another being an identifaction badge!

Now is that pudding fruit pudding? I was kind of hoping for chocolate. But will be more than happy, and ever so thankful for fruit :D

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Today at 03:26 PM GraftMeIn said this in Post #5

What George wrote fits perfectly with that scripture, It popped right into my mind as I was reading what he wrote. Amen to loving one another being an identifaction badge!

Now is that pudding fruit pudding? I was kind of hoping for chocolate. But will be more than happy, and ever so thankful for fruit :D

LOL As a female you would naturally hope for chocolate! But I guess this would have to be "Fruit" pudding!

LOL Now THAT's Funny! Love your quick wit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.