Louisville protests descend into chaos when armed protester accidentally shoots members of his group

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,582,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...injuring 3

From the article-

Three people were injured in Baxter Square Park, police said.

Gunshots erupted during a planned protest in Louisville, Ky., Saturday and three members of the heavily armed militia group, the “Not F---ing Around Coalition” (NFAC), were injured by shots fired from one of their own member's guns, police told Fox News.

The shooting took place near Baxter Square Park around 1 p.m. and all of the victims were transported to the University of Louisville Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, the Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) told Fox News.

Continued below.
Louisville protests descend into chaos when armed protester accidentally shoots members of his group, injuring 3

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True to their word---I guess they weren't f----ing around.

Of course, if this is any indication of how well they'd do in an actual combat situation where they had to apply disciplined small-unit tactics, it doesn't appear to bode well for their operational effectiveness.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
...injuring 3

From the article-

Three people were injured in Baxter Square Park, police said.

Gunshots erupted during a planned protest in Louisville, Ky., Saturday and three members of the heavily armed militia group, the “Not F---ing Around Coalition” (NFAC), were injured by shots fired from one of their own member's guns, police told Fox News.

The shooting took place near Baxter Square Park around 1 p.m. and all of the victims were transported to the University of Louisville Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, the Louisville Metro Police Department (LMPD) told Fox News.

Continued below.
Louisville protests descend into chaos when armed protester accidentally shoots members of his group, injuring 3
unfortunately you can expect to see armed people deciding to take the streets back and then you can expect to see civil war.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True to their word---I guess they weren't f----ing around.

Of course, if this is any indication of how well they'd do in an actual combat situation where they had to apply disciplined small-unit tactics, it doesn't appear to bode well for their operational effectiveness.

I suppose they mean they don’t want to **** around learning how to handle firearms.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟272,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I’ve been waiting for non-white people to get on the armed resistance bandwagon. But on the other hand, i see all militias as a joke.

Well, most modern militias have been viewed primarily as either white-supremacist/extreme right-wing fanatic outfits, crazy apocalyptic conspiracy theory nuts, or beer-bellied drunken rednecks with hunting rifles; and now, the evidently accidental discharge-prone leftist groups can apparently be added as well. But that's primarily only because they have been small in numbers and not terribly well-organized; there hasn't been a real need for them.

Their most notable success was the Bundy Ranch confrontation, where they appeared in enough numbers and sufficiently armed (with the determination to use said arms if they absolutely had to) that they forced the Bureau of Land Management and other state and Federal hangers-on to pull in their horns and back off. But that, again, was a limited operation under specific circumstances.

However: if the country were to dissolve into anarchy, with law enforcement absent or ineffective, and violent gangs running amok, I suspect you would see the emergence of hundreds of thousands of citizens coalescing into militias----because they'd have to in order to protect their lives and property....and because there wouldn't be anybody else to do it for them. They might be seen as a joke now---but that perception is rapidly becoming outdated with each passing day.

We're not in Mayberry in 1955 any more, Toto.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I’ve been waiting for non-white people to get on the armed resistance bandwagon. But on the other hand, i see all militias as a joke.
I wished they were a joke but what they are is a bucket full of gasoline, unfortunately there are fools on both sides who would gladly strike the match.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They might be seen as a joke now---but that perception is rapidly becoming outdated with each passing day.

Really ? Which news make the perception of militias being something other than a joke of overweight , undertrained wanna be warriors outdated ?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really ? Which news make the perception of militias being something other than a joke of overweight , undertrained wanna be warriors outdated ?
The news stories that talk about them shooting people and promoting black power. There are some very serious things going on and none of them are funny.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Even a moron can kill someone with a firearm.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The news stories that talk about them shooting people and promoting black power. There are some very serious things going on and none of them are funny.

Even a moron can kill someone with a firearm.

Certainly they can make few bodies either by design or accident.

Doesn’t make them credible organizations. Nothing solo actors couldn’t accomplish.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Certainly they can make few bodies either by design or accident.

Doesn’t make them credible organizations. Nothing solo actors couldn’t accomplish.
Well heck, if it is just a few bodies here and there and maybe starting an all out civil war. Then it is all in good fun, nothing to worry about right, I mean it is just fat out of shape armed fools. SERIOUSLY???

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Then it is all in good fun, nothing to worry about right, I mean it is just fat out of shape armed fools. SERIOUSLY???

Pretty much. What do you think they are ? Existential threat to US integrity and your security forces ?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pretty much. What do you think they are ? Existential threat to US integrity and your security forces ?
I think they are very dangerous fools who could start a civil war resulting in many deaths.

Upvote 0