Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Where do you find these people? I've never seen anybody with something like that.
They are all over the place.. lots of people have homemade masks on that are washable and some that stretch over the face and some that are folded mulltilayered. The fact is nobody knows if any of these masks are very effective and none of these advocates of masks really cares either. Yes the same people that are so concerned about deaths could care NONE about the quality of masks being used in public and it is very possible that if everyone were offered high quality masks it could save a lot of lives... at least for awhile.
But hey, we have to believe these people who seemingly only care to look good and not overload the hospitals they are satisfied as long as the spike goes down so things can be managed.
This is a reason I'm not convinced about masks because I cannot take it seriously as those advocating them certainly aren't. I'm guessing high quality masks are -3 times more effective than the crap I see out there does that equate to a lot less deaths? They don't seem to think so.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Actually...... NO. I've seen these masks BEFORE there was mandatory mask requirements on people in public. I see more now in public then even before. Nobody has a clue as to what masks to get or how good a type of mask is vs another and nobody seems to care especially those who MANDATE mask use..... they are fine with someone stapling 2 rubber bands to a kleenex for a mask. It is a joke IMO.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

There are a bunch of these folks. I saw one picture on social media where this girl took a hole punch to a blue surgical mask and concealed them by the pleats in the mask. All that work rather than just wear a mask for 15-20 minutes. Also people purposely wearing the vented masks that protect the wearer, but allows the wearer to spread cooties because the air they breathe out is unfiltered. They are designed for dust and not the N95 masks that are recommended for hospitals. Some places have banned them, but since we dont have one set of sound guidelines around covid, people are only going to be as well informed as their local leadership and/or research they do for themselves.

If not wearing masks only affected the individual, I wouldn't care. Let them sign a medical waiver that if hospitals are full, they will be last to get care and make room for the folks who are actually trying to stay safe. However, their compliance determines the safety of everyone else so what they do affects the entire body of Americans.

You can lead a man to wisdom, but you can't make them think. It wouldn't be so bad, but I'm on other forums and there is always one person trying to convince folks not to take precautions and that if you do get sick HQ+zinc or doing nothing will save you.

Incidently, I started wearing a mask much earlier than places were mandating it because we had a thread and we determined for ourselves that masks were needed when the CDC/Fauci was still telling folks they weren't needed. (I was still late to the party because we had had the thread since January and I didn't start taking it seriously until March when my sister, who is in law enforcement, called and made me buy certain supplies.) We went over news stories daily, the results other countries were having, how they were quarantining and requiring masks, and studies that showed they were effective. There were several times Fauci seemed untrustworthy because he was trying to walk the line of giving life saving info and not crossing Trump. He always denied it, you you could tell by his words, deflecting and body language that he was toning down certain messages (not related to the masks though.)

This guy found out the hard way and now had the guilt of having family members get sick and die:

A harsh lesson in the reality of COVID-19 - Dallas Voice

The bible tells us over and over the importance of wisdom and that fools despise wisdom. I don't wish this or any misfortune upon people, but some folks have to learn the hard way and/or be cautionary tales for the rest of us. They can't say they weren't forewarned.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually...... NO. I've seen these masks BEFORE there was mandatory mask requirements on people in public. I see more now in public then even before. Nobody has a clue as to what masks to get or how good a type of mask is vs another and nobody seems to care especially those who MANDATE mask use..... they are fine with someone stapling 2 rubber bands to a kleenex for a mask. It is a joke IMO.

When there is a public health emergency, a declared national emergency, whose job is it to make sure everyone stays safe and has the info to protect themselves? I've said before the govt can send out post cards, put posters in grocery stores and post offices. Makes sure people who don't have internet get informed.

When all this first happened a friend of mine shared on social media how he was in the store, crowds were out the door and there was this one elderly woman who was frail and confused. She didn't know what was going on, was overwhelmed by the throngs of people and only wanted to buy three things. He said she seemed a bit I'll so no one was going near her and she seemed like she might pass out. He helped her get her items and walked her to the car. He told her a bit about what is going on. I'm sure there are countless others in this situation, just like there were countless elders who don't cook for themselves affected by restaurant closings etc.

There's people poor behavior and lack of understanding doesn't relieve you from the call to do the right thing when you know the right thing to do. You can't speak to everyone, folks are hostile and resistant to knowledge, but for people you have relationship with, why wouldn't you educate them on the proper way to stay safe, wear a mask, etc?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
When there is a public health emergency, a declared national emergency, whose job is it to make sure everyone stays safe and has the info to protect themselves? I've said before the govt can send out post cards, put posters in grocery stores and post offices. Makes sure people who don't have internet get informed.

When all this first happened a friend of mine shared on social media how he was in the store, crowds were out the door and there was this one elderly woman who was frail and confused. She didn't know what was going on, was overwhelmed by the throngs of people and only wanted to buy three things. He said she seemed a bit I'll so no one was going near her and she seemed like she might pass out. He helped her get her items and walked her to the car. He told her a bit about what is going on. I'm sure there are countless others in this situation, just like there were countless elders who don't cook for themselves affected by restaurant closings etc.

There's people poor behavior and lack of understanding doesn't relieve you from the call to do the right thing when you know the right thing to do. You can't speak to everyone, folks are hostile and resistant to knowledge, but for people you have relationship with, why wouldn't you educate them on the proper way to stay safe, wear a mask, etc?
But we have already concluded you truly cannot "stay safe" from this virus because masks aren't 100% effective and neither is distancing so to "stay safe" you literally have to stay away from everyone entirely and that is not possible for over 99% of society thus.... we aren't "safe" from this virus. Our only "safety" is our immune system and those in charge know this the masks are nearly to slow the spread NOT to stop it because stopping it would mean those in the way are SAFE from it..... but they aren't safe.
Masks don't keep you safe they keep you safer than NOTHING but not safe.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I disagree. I constantly here all over the media, on commercials about how a mask keep you SAFE. SAFE means 100% effective. If they were to say a mask HELPS keep you safe I would agree with you but they deceive people by equating 100% SAFE by omitting the word HELP They could even equate a mask keeps you SAFER instead of SAFE.
Despite this President and his supporters finding themselves on the wrong side of every decision related to COVID-19 from Day 1, they continue to "bob and weave" rather than commit the cardinal sin of admitting their mistakes!

If masks were 100% effective, there would be no need to create a vaccination and everyone could return back to life as was before the Pandemic!

Unlike "hydroxychloroquine," the medical community is not so irresponsible as to makes unsubstantiated claims - masks are just part of a limited number of strategies that can reduce one's exposure to COVID-19!

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,713.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Not the crappy masks I'm seeing.... you could easily sneeze through them like a tissue paper but hey, you can trust others out there to have good masks to "save you".

Which is why YOU wear a mask as well. You reduce your own risk, even if others aren't

If you're driving a car, would you not use your brakes, follow the road rules and wear a seatbelt because other people on the road have worse brakes, aren't using their seatbelts and are driving like idiots?

• Winner
Reactions: Theridiidae
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Despite this President and his supporters finding themselves on the wrong side of every decision related to COVID-19 from Day 1, they continue to "bob and weave" rather than commit the cardinal sin of admitting their mistakes!

If masks were 100% effective, there would be no need to create a vaccination and everyone could return back to life as was before the Pandemic!

Unlike "hydroxychloroquine," the medical community is not so irresponsible as to makes unsubstantiated claims - masks are just part of a limited number of strategies that can reduce one's exposure to COVID-19!
Actually I heard just recently the "study" that supposedly debunked HCLQ or whatever the abbreviation is was debunked itself pronounced faulty/invalid so the claim that it works is back up front now again.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Which is why YOU wear a mask as well. You reduce your own risk, even if others aren't

If you're driving a car, would you not use your brakes, follow the road rules and wear a seatbelt because other people on the road have worse brakes, aren't using their seatbelts and are driving like idiots?
So in other words if seatbelts make you safe when driving then if you have none a simple rope around your neck will suffice to "keep you safe".... correct?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But we have already concluded you truly cannot "stay safe" from this virus because masks aren't 100% effective and neither is distancing so to "stay safe" you literally have to stay away from everyone entirely and that is not possible for over 99% of society thus.... we aren't "safe" from this virus. Our only "safety" is our immune system and those in charge know this the masks are nearly to slow the spread NOT to stop it because stopping it would mean those in the way are SAFE from it..... but they aren't safe.
Masks don't keep you safe they keep you safer than NOTHING but not safe.

Condoms don't prevent pregnancy or disease 100% either, but if your unmarried, underage son or daughter were going to go against your desires and engage in premarital sex, would you prefer for them to use one or not?

If some guy came to your daughter or a youth under your influence, whom you could not prevent from having sex, and tried to talk her out of using a condom because they were not 100% effective what would you advise them?

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟605,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Louis Gohmert (R-TX) tests positive for COVID-19

True to form, now Gohmert is questioning as to whether it was the wearing of a mask that got him infected - in this world you can't protect people from themselves - especially when they deliberately choose to be misinformed!

The reporting on this is getting worse. He also makes staff come to work instead of working remotely, won't allow them to wear masks, and wants to quarantine at the capital where he normally stays when in town.

The GOP is fighting for that liability clause for a reason.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,782.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Actually I heard just recently the "study" that supposedly debunked HCLQ or whatever the abbreviation is was debunked itself pronounced faulty/invalid so the claim that it works is back up front now again.

Nope. That's not how any of this works.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Condoms don't prevent pregnancy or disease 100% either, but if your unmarried, underage son or daughter were going to go against your desires and engage in premarital sex, would you prefer for them to use one or not?

If some guy came to your daughter or a youth under your influence, whom you could not prevent from having sex, and tried to talk her out of using a condom because they were not 100% effective what would you advise them?
Would you not advise your daughter to go on the pill knowing its effectiveness vs telling her to get her bf to use a condom which is riskier? We are asked to use masks that are not regulated in construction perhaps worse than a condom made out of who knows what and expect to "be safe".

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Nope. That's not how any of this works.
Actually there are plenty of studies that equate HCQ as useful but that isn't part of this thread I'm sure you could post it in the thread where they are talking about the video of the lady doctor that was banned from Utube and twitter.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder if they figured out who infected this guy and if they were wearing a mask or not as from what I've been told wearing a mask doesn't protect you from being infected so him getting infected has little to do with masking or not unless he is found to have infected others it is a moot point.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,713.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So in other words if seatbelts make you safe when driving then if you have none a simple rope around your neck will suffice to "keep you safe".... correct?

Are you being deliberately obtuse? It's like you've taken the analogy, digested it, and produced a totally contrariwise interpretation.

You really missed the point, so here it is again:

Even if other people aren't acting to improve their own safety, that should not prevent you from taking actions to improve your own.

When that comes to COVID-19, that includes (but is not limited to):

Limiting your physical interactions with other people;
Limiting the amount of time you need to spent in public places, particularly in enclosed spaces;
Wearing a mask while in public spaces;
Maintaining appropriate distancing (~6 feet) when possible.

The key is limiting the risk. SOME risk will always be there (that's life). However, you can take drastic actions to reduce the risk of transmission to yourself, and the wider public, by following simple, easy precautions.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So if a mask were only 0.05% effective you would wear one... to give one person a 50% better chance at living?
At that point, probably not.

Now, wanna debate reality?

Last edited:
Upvote 0