lots of history info on mother of god worship. none good.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
http://www.k9safesearch.com/search.jsp?q=worship+of+mother+of+god+origins&v=w&r=y

to repeat it all, is pointless. if you know, you know. if you don't, you don't.

those who take part in any kind of idolatry won't easily repent of it,
any more than they did when Jesus Himself spoke to them,
or the Apostle Paul >>
While Paul was waiting for them in Athens, he was greatly distressed to see that the city was full of idols. 17 So he reasoned in the synagogue with both Jews and God-fearing Greeks, as well as in the marketplace day by day with those who happened to be there. 18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection. 19 Then they took him and brought him to a meeting of the Areopagus, where they said to him, “May we know what this new teaching is that you are presenting? 20 You are bringing some strange ideas to our ears, and we would like to know what they mean.” 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

22 Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: “People of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. 23 For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god. So you are ignorant of the very thing you worship-and this is what I am going to proclaim to you.

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[a] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone-an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Wrong sub forum? I don't think you'll find much of that from the regulars here.

no, right place for this. i don't want to go to a sub forum where they worship the mother of god nor anywhere that they think it is okay.
every now and then
it's decreed by Yhvh the Creator through Yahushua the Savior to post there,
but not today; not this.
this is just a warning with future blessing for those who came out of sun god worship,
and a warning with future other for those who go into sun god worship.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
no, right place for this. i don't want to go to a sub forum where they worship the mother of god nor anywhere that they think it is okay.
every now and then
it's decreed by Yhvh the Creator through Yahushua the Savior to post there,
but not today; not this.
this is just a warning with future blessing for those who came out of sun god worship,
and a warning with future other for those who go into sun god worship.

Hmm, are you talking about going to church on Sunday? Id that what you're calling sun god worship?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that would result in ..yes but yes but this dead guy said this or that etc .. but zero direct unambiguous scripture .
when a thing is wrong ..its wrong . twisting it to make it sound right will not make it right .
oh how i desire folks that just say oh look ..according to the direct word of God ..its wrong i repent of it .
not folks who say no no but but but . thats only rebellion at work .
God is eternal having no beginning and no end .. mary is created ,born of the sinful blood of adam .
ref my blog for more .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I have respect for Mary (she stayed with the Son till the end), I don't put her above her Son, and I see no reason to send prayers to Jesus through her. After all, only Jesus should be the gate, the key.

He is :)
The only way. And he jimself said..only theives try to access anothrr way and not through the door.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the origins of pratices are very telling.
oh for those who would read the word of God and say oh lord forgive me i repent i shall not do that any more..instead of stubborn self justifications which is simpy rebellion.

Upvote 0

xTx

Aug 10, 2010
✟11,241.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
worship of mother of god origins - K9 Safe Search

to repeat it all, is pointless. if you know, you know. if you don't, you don't.

those who take part in any kind of idolatry won't easily repent of it,

Please stop telling lies, if you are referring to the RC, as far as I know, RCs do not worship Mother Mary. Kindly check your facts before you tell more lies and spread more lies. The father of lies is the devil or 666.

I only worship a Trinitarian God. It is a choice if I wish to ask Mother Mary to intercede for me.

Do you ask others to pray for you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It makes her different than other women in that there is only 1 mother of Christ. As for 'blessed', I am also - by my kids and my dog (if no one else)... and I'm supremely blessed to have Christ as my Lord and Savior.

It doesn't put her in the range of being worshiped and/or part Savior.

She considered herself a normal human in this regard - in need of a Savior. Someone who is sinless or blameless wouldn't have that need. only 1 is sinless and that is Jesus.

Catholics always jump to that. What I learned (and lived) was from Catholic nuns and priests - in Catholic schools and church. From that Catholics now would say I wasn't taught properly - or more so that I didn't LEARN. I learned a lot, taught younger kids preparing for confirmation, sang in the choir etc.

We sang songs direct to/for Mary. Her statue was always decorated with flowers - and often a flower crown on 'her' head (always in the month of May). Candles at her feet (for people to light after putting in money) and a kneeler there for people to pray in front of the statue.

Prayers to her are abundant in the CC. The Hail Mary - whether alone or in a batch on the rosary or as a penance. I saw this all around me day after day and yr after yr. There's much more attention (and prayer/worship type things) for her in the CC today. So much time and attention to Mary, so little time and attention to and for Christ - the one who DID DIE for us.

But as I got older I got wiser and learned more. No where in scripture does it even hint that one should pray to Mary or the saints. Even Peter and Paul refused for those around them to bow to them or hold them up above others. As followers of Christ Christians are told Who to pray to and how. Jesus prayed to the Father (not Mary, not any saints). One of the benefits of being a Christian is that Christ IS our connection to God.

There's a difference in asking a living person to pray for you and PRAYING to a dead person to pray for you. I do ask others to pray for me but I do not pray to them to do so. They too (as I do ) will then pray directly to God thru the Son. I also would not ask just anyone to pray for me (or a need) - only someone that I know also has Christ as that direct link to God.

With the NT/coming of Christ He is now our direct link to God. No one else between us.

If there's someone or something else you put before Christ (or equal level), then I guess you're guilty. People can put a bf/gf, a spouse or kids or the job before God. They can also put things before God - like a house, a car, clothes, jewelry etc. If you're kneeling before and / or praying to someone or something else... then you are.
good post .
and as i always say -if you really want to know if a thing is an IDOL in a persons life ..shake the shelf they have it sitting on and see how fast they run to protect it ;)

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

Thread closed for staff review. Please keep the following rule in mind:

Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums​

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum.​

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,375.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT...
MOD HAT ON

Thread closed for staff review. Please keep the following rule in mind:

<b>
Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums​
</b>

Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum.​
MOD HAT OFF

What he said!

Here's the plan, if you do not qualify as a member of this forum, you can ask civil questions or post in fellowship, but you can not debate. No arguements. Read the rule that TG posted above.

Got it???

I thought so!:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mark
Adviser Assistant.

Reopening thread.

Upvote 0