Lost - Series Finale (May 23, 2010)

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,347.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's funny how different the perceptions are, even from people who loved the show all along. A friend of mine has just finished watching the series through on DVD and posted on my Facebook wall about how I should have warned her she would need an entire box of Kleenex for the finale :D

She loved it. I loved it. I've probably watched the finale a dozen times in the last year, and I have the same emotional reaction every time, even watching it as a stand-alone. :)

Upvote 0

BryanRies

May 24, 2011
Franklin, IN
Visit site
✟7,635.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was extremely disappointed...initially. I have had some time to digest it obviously and I miss the show. I miss the characters which says to me that the Damon and Carlton were right, it is a character driven show.

I miss the intrigue and mystery. I miss the deep mythological parts of the storyline. But, I most miss the characters.

I have yet to come across a show that gets me connected near as much as LOST. At this point, I don't think that any show will ever draw me in like this one did. We'll see.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I feel the same. I still sometimes day dream about the show and it's various plot lines, I was always fascinated with the Dharma stations—especially The Barracks.

It'll be sorely missed, I keep looking for it running in syndication on various networks but I haven't seen it yet.

Fortunately Stargate Universe somewhat quenched my Lost appetite for a while, it was composed in a similar serialized format with equally complex characters and it was very character/relationship driven. Alas, it was canceled this season so no more of that either. :(

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
snoochface said:
Yesterday was the one year anniversary of the finale. I re-watched it. It took seven tissues. It still gets me, every time.

The finale sure was epic, granted slightly disappointing, still no less epic.

Upvote 0

Judy02

Jan 9, 2006
England.
✟28,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's the best TV show I've seen yet, I think it would take some beating! :)

Like a previous poster said, I think it was mostly the characters who "made" the show good. And the suspense and theories on what the island was :D But mostly the characters...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mjolnir81

The hammer of god
May 21, 2012
uk
Visit site
✟7,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Conservative
I have to admit at the time I was pretty disappointed, it was an old ending and all but not at all what I was expecting looking back however the show was firmly grounded on the character interaction which the creator's had always claimed it would be

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums