Lost - Series Finale (May 23, 2010)

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Appropriately, it is titled "The End".

And that's all I have to say about that. :D

Remember, Saturday night is a replay of the Pilot episode. Sunday, there is a recap show, then the 2.5 hour finale, and finally Jimmy Kimmel will be hosting a special Sunday night episode with the cast and Team Darlton.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Everyone ready for the big LOST finale weekend??

Here's the schedule:

Saturday night, 8pm
Lost, Pilot enhanced episode (with pop-ups)

Sunday night, 7pm - 9pm
Lost series recap episode

9pm - 11:30pm
Finale

12:05am
Jimmy Kimmel "Aloha to Lost" special episode with cast

Also, tonight at 12:05am, Darlton will be on Jimmy Kimmel as well.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm going to miss it too - and I really hope some of the old Losties show up to discuss the finale!

Definitely going to re-watch the entire series from start to finish once I know how it all ends, LOL.

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did anyone watch the Lost pilot on Saturday night? I know the people were in shock, but you'd think they would want to get as far away from the wreckage of the plane as possible.

With all the smell of jet fuel and the possibility of more injuries who would stay close to the plane? Jack told Hurley to watch Claire under the wing then he looked up and oops the wing almost fell on all of them.

I know it makes for dramatic tv but wouldn't a doctor tell everyone to get away from the plane as fast as possible?

Well that's Lost for ya. I know, all the plane wreckage stuff looks cool on tv and makes it more suspenseful. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
subbing. I actually wish it was next weekend b/c i have to go to work tomorrow and can't stay up for the very end :( or Jimmy Kimbel
I'm watching the recap and i remember how HOT sawyer appeared the first time I saw him, rawr. And all the times I cried during this show: Charlie's death, Penny and Desmond's break through call, When Jin is left behind and Sun thinks he is dead, when they die and many more. This show brought a lot of emotion, you cared about the characters. It was truly unique. I shall miss it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Hmmmm...

...so the 'flash sideways' were actually a sort of 'afterworld', created by the lostaways for the lostaways. Gotta wonder, just how many of the other denizens of the 'flash sideways' realm were 'real', or mere 'props'.

So...the island wasn't destroyed, and as I'd figured for a long while now, Hurley was the guy who became the new Guardian. I'd lay odds he held that job for a *long* time (centuries, maybe?). That would explain the radical attitude shift of 'spirit Hurley' in the Flash Sideways - he had a long time to come to terms with himself.

The flash sideways being a sort of afterworld is comparable to some (mostly tribal and ignored) afterworld schemes where spirits take up residence for a while in a world very similiar to the one in which they left. Some Buddhist/hindu type religions feature something vaguely similiar, though my memory is more than a little hazy here.

The flash sideways being an afterworld also explains Widmore and companies reactions in that realm to the lostaways actions there: they *knew* from the start what the flash sideways really was, and wanted to kick back for a while.

Who or what was the 'seed' person/event for the creation of the 'flash sideways' realm? Jack? Hurley? I figure somebody must have 'changed the rules' so that deceased spirits were no longer trapped on the island, but instead had a way out. Probably Hurley. Maybe, though, it had something to do with the water cavern?

Additional thought: who put the plug in the water cavern to start with? And was it ever pulled out before, say at some point during Jacobs long reign? (he seemed to have some idea what was down there).

I *knew* the pilot survived the sub blowing up.

Ok...so a few folks got away on the plane, and a few others remained behind on the island. Not exactly a tidy ending, everybody all split up like that. Did the plane make it back to civilization? Or did it crash (wondering about the fuel situation). Meanwhile, we also end up with a badly battered Desmond *still* stuck on the island, away from his beloved Penny. I have to wonder, given the way he behaved in the Flash Sideways and the way he connected back and forth so readily, just how much time he spent on the island after being pulled out of that cave. Did Hurley try dumping the Guardian job on him later on?

All in all...there might be material enough here for a movie or three, possibly a sequil series...

Upvote 0

A Catholic Friend

Hello all!
Aug 6, 2009
USA
✟10,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ummm.... haven't we seen similar endings in countless movies about heaven, hell, the afterlife and redemption before? Just sayin.

And what about the anticlimactic way they got rid of the smoke monster? I am disappointed too.

Sorry, I don't like the cheesy sentimental ending and I wanted to like it so much.

I liked when they got their memories back and I thought the flash side ways was real. That's what the writers told us. To me Season 5 was the best season.

Now to me a lot of things that mattered at the time don't matter now. What was the time travel for? They still could have passed to the afterlife without time travel or without Jacob or MIB.

Did Charles Widmore matter? He said the island belonged to him and he wanted it back. This did not seem to matter at the end. A lot of things, too many to mention, don't seem to matter now. Like they could have passed to the other side without the
hatch, the temple and the numbers. See what I am getting at?

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I stayed up to watch and feel it now. I was disappointed too. I wasn't surprised about Hurley. But I liked that. I thought when they got their memories back it would lead somewhere, some big event instead of just death. So they were dead from the first? The ending reminded me of the ending in Titanic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0