Bangor
✟8,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Started a new job in November after 6 months unemployed.

Today the company terminated my contract because they were unwilling to be flexible in giving me time off to look after Andrea.

Both of us are now out of work, no money, nothing.

Words fail. I have no dreams any more, no plans and no future.

YJM

MARRIED! 20th December 2013
Jan 4, 2018
Bangor
✟8,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry about what happened. Here, we have family leave time in the US. Do you have any kind of unemployment where you live? What about insurance or do you have national health coverage there?

Yes we've the national health service so Andrea's care is covered. The benefits that we get when out of work though are minimal and don't cover realistic living expenses. We did have about $12,000 saved last year towards a house, but we had to use the savings to pay bills when I was out of work, so really we've nothing to fall back on now

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Today the company terminated my contract because they were unwilling to be flexible in giving me time off to look after Andrea.

I'm so sorry. :(

That really hardly seems fair.

I understand though. Once my treatments started an all the side effects, I keep trying to go back to work but ... I'm at a year and a half now and I've worked something like 3 weeks' worth. (It's school so only 180 days a year potentially working days anyway). But my husband couldn't get off to take care of me either. He took of the day of each of my surgeries, and one day after one of them, but I had to fend for myself the rest of the time. Well they sent a nurse round a few times after one surgery, and they provide transportation if needed. I managed, but honestly it would have been nice to have help.

There's a lot that can be done in advance to set things up. But I'm guessing that's already not helpful if you've already lost your job.

I hope you can find something flexible. I don't know if there are telecommuting jobs there? I wish I could offer concrete advice or help but all I can say is that we got through it.

You have my continued prayers!

God be with you both.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I am so sorry this happened. I will pray that you find a better job that will give you flexible hours so you can look after Andrea. God bless you.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Upvote 0

Greek2Me

Mar 26, 2017
Southern Ohio
✟18,548.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
May the "God who owns the cattle on 1000 hills" meet your every need, financial, spiritual and physical, it the name of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

If He feeds the birds and cloths the flowers of the field, how much more will He care for you? Trust in Him...

Upvote 0

God bless Joshua

Nov 16, 2017
Sabah
✟19,493.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Give ourselves to God no matter what happens, even when there's no more food to eat, we will die in our faith to God if thats what He determines.

Remember the story of poor Lazarus, although he died in poverty and misery, he actually served God's purpose in his life so God may punish the ignorant Richs with hell fire and place Lazarus's soul in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Abel Gkiouzelis

The Smile of God in your heart
Feb 25, 2016
Greece
Visit site
✟30,904.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate

I'm praying for you!

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy!
I don't know if you have reached an understanding of the role of the Saints in the life of the Church, but as the Scriptures state, "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
While you are assured of our prayers, it might be an opportune time for you to ask the prayers of those who the Church has witnessed to be righteous men and women of fervent prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy!
I don't know if you have reached an understanding of the role of the Saints in the life of the Church, but as the Scriptures state, "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
While you are assured of our prayers, it might be an opportune time for you to ask the prayers of those who the Church has witnessed to be righteous men and women of fervent prayer.
We who are in Christ are righteous, our prayers avail much.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brother David, OP, God bless you. I know right now it's easy for us all to say this, but it CAN get better. God does want the best for you, but trials can come along in life, and boy can they hurt. My mom has Parkinson's Disease. It has riddled her body with pain and tremors. She has gotten VERY low at times, but Christ's light keeps her hanging on.

Addiction, injury, divorce, death, nothing can defeat God's love. But in a dark cavern, after walking enough miles in the darkness, it gets tough to believe there is a light at the end.

Just remember that Moses, Noah, David, Abraham, they've all had it BAD! They were blessed. I know it's small consolation, but we love ya in here, man. We're praying for you. Keep your chin UP and pointed toward the Cross!

Upvote 0