Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The trailer starts with the word "human kind evolved".
God, throughout the Bible, speaks of man living on the earth, and then man living on the new earth (and new Heavens) and that Jesus will reign on earth for heaven.
This trailer speaks of man using up the resources of this earth and then moving on to colonize some other planet.
I wonder what God thinks of this. He obviously has told us that this is not His plan for mankind, and that He will accomplish His plans (Isaiah 46:10).
This must then be fiction, although even now Elon Musk and others are hoping to colonize Mars someday. They seem to be making progress, yet progress was made on the Tower of Babel as well, which eventually came to nothing, for that was not God's plan, and God confused their languages to stop the work, and have them spread out over the earth, which was His plan. Genesis 11; Philippians 4:8-9.
It may be interesting/entertaining to watch what we know to be fiction, but lets remember and focus on God's Word (including prophecy and Eschatology [the study of "last things") and reality. To the glory of God.

Upvote 0

HereIStand

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
God, throughout the Bible, speaks of man living on the earth, and then man living on the new earth (and new Heavens) and that Jesus will reign on earth for heaven.
This trailer speaks of man using up the resources of this earth and then moving on to colonize some other planet.
I wonder what God thinks of this. He obviously has told us that this is not His plan for mankind, and that He will accomplish His plans (Isaiah 46:10).
This must then be fiction, although even now Elon Musk and others are hoping to colonize Mars someday. They seem to be making progress, yet progress was made on the Tower of Babel as well, which eventually came to nothing, for that was not God's plan, and God confused their languages to stop the work, and have them spread out over the earth, which was His plan. Genesis 11; Philippians 4:8-9.
It may be interesting/entertaining to watch what we know to be fiction, but lets remember and focus on God's Word (including prophecy and Eschatology [the study of "last things") and reality. To the glory of God.
Very true, @Greg Merrill. Science Fiction tends to promote an secular world view -- evolution, over-population, end-of-world environmental hazards, technological utopias on distant planets. From an apologetics standpoint, it offers a way of exploring theological themes to an audience that would likely never read traditional theology.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Very true, @Greg Merrill. Science Fiction tends to promote an secular world view -- evolution, over-population, end-of-world environmental hazards, technological utopias on distant planets. From an apologetics standpoint, it offers a way of exploring theological themes to an audience that would likely never read traditional theology.
Yes, I would like to see you or someone else lead that exploring. That would be interesting. For what it is worth, I once preached a sermon where I used an illustration based on something out of the original "Lost In Space" TV show where I imitated the robot's motions and his famous line "Danger, danger, danger." It was quite memorable to some of my listeners.

Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
, I once preached a sermon where I used an illustration based on something out of the original "Lost In Space" TV show where I imitated the robot's motions and his famous line "Danger, danger, danger." It was quite memorable to some of my listeners.
NICE!!!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,959.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I have vague memories of the original series. A remake is coming to Netflix in April. It looks good.

I even enjoyed the film. So looking forwards to this.

I just hope it isn’t too camp.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

First, let me say I hope you enjoy the TV series if you're planning to watch. I'm planning to watch and think it will be good (basing it on the trailers). Hope to read some prereviews.

I've thought of the exact same things. I don't think God created aliens and that we will not find life elsewhere because it isn't in the Bible and because of the fine tuning facts or parameters. They won't find a microbe unless it's panspermia from earth. As for us moving or colonizing another planet or moon, i.e. become multi-planetary, I'm not certain. God gave humans, even if fallen, tremendous capabilities. We have the ability to build and live in space stations. However, he may not have designed the solar system, galaxy or beyond for us to conquer. He may have decided earth was the best place for our existence and did not design another place for us to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, let me say I hope you enjoy the TV series if you're planning to watch. I'm planning to watch and think it will be good (basing it on the trailers). Hope to read some prereviews.

I've thought of the exact same things. I don't think God created aliens and that we will not find life elsewhere because it isn't in the Bible and because of the fine tuning facts or parameters. They won't find a microbe unless it's panspermia from earth. As for us moving or colonizing another planet or moon, i.e. become multi-planetary, I'm not certain. God gave humans, even if fallen, tremendous capabilities. We have the ability to build and live in space stations. However, he may not have designed the solar system, galaxy or beyond for us to conquer. He may have decided earth was the best place for our existence and did not design another place for us to live.
Acts 17:26 (bounds of their habitation) might be worthy of consideration.

Reactions: jamesbond007
Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The old Lost in Space was totally cheesy, but it was hilarious. And besides, they actually had the family pray when they landed on the planet. Never could get away with that nowadays.

Besides, they cannot, and will not, ever be able to replace the real Dr. Smith.

"Oh, the pain!"

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This new version of LIS has a lot of similarities with the first one 50 years ago. It reminds me why I watched Star Trek instead.

Just a lot of "stuff happening" with very, very little story.

The characters act with absolute stupidity: No thought before action. Keeping irrational secrets, hiding important knowledge from each other, refusing to cooperate--even in exceedingly desperate situations. And these were supposed to be earth's brightest.

I will say this: "Dr Smith" is playing an excellent Satan. Extremely good impression of the way Satan operates. I recommend watching the series for that single reason. Ignore everything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the characters weren't so stupid (and there wasn't a lot of stuff happening just 'cause), there is about three hours of story.

So you discover that your robot is really a horrendous killing machine...and you don't tell your parents. The level of insane "let's not tell mom and dad" or "let's not tell everybody" or "let's wait until 'a better time'" before we tell anyone about this thing that's about to kill everyone...just drove me bonkers.

And communication. Everyone has a wrist phone, but only Will seems to use it. That way, if we're in a chariot and call Mom at the Jupiter 2 to tell her that something is about to kill everybody, and she happens not to be at home...well let's pretend she doesn't have a wrist radio or isn't likely to be in another chariot with a radio. And of course, the radios aren't set to any common frequency, so you can only call one person at a time.

Also: No concepts of a compass or a map or a sextant or an inertial land navigation system (like a Fitbit) or trail blazing or even leaving breadcrumbs. Oh, sure, we're just going to hike into this dense forest in the afternoon and we'll find our way back after nightfall. And you sure can't track anyone.

"Don't open that door! Is there air? You don't know!"

Nope, nobody that intelligent in this program.

Last edited:
Upvote 0