Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today I found out I would no longer have a connection with a friend that I met up on here. I respected her a great deal; if she ever reads this - please know that I totally respect your decision and wish you the best.

But it seems - whenever I finally do find that one cool friend - they disappear. I know it wasn't an active rejection, but the emptiness remains. My favorite elf's avatar will be crying for a few days.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today I found out I would no longer have a connection with a friend that I met up on here. I respected her a great deal; if she ever reads this - please know that I totally respect your decision and wish you the best.

But it seems - whenever I finally do find that one cool friend - they disappear. I know it wasn't an active rejection, but the emptiness remains. My favorite elf's avatar will be crying for a few days.

Don't lose hope, my friend. I feel pain as well, but I don't let that govern my thinking or my heart. I trust in my heart that the good work He began in her He will finish until the end, and that she will find her way back in due time. Scripture says to guard your heart, and also to think only on that which is of good report, and to rejoice always. These are the emotions we should give ourselves to, not emotions of sadness and depression. So pick your head up and believe God with me that she will be ok, and return to us in God's good timing.

Your brother in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

I am sorry to hear your news. I know how it feels to lose a good friendship and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I had a friend who I knew nearly all of my life who suddenly and unexpectedly ceased contact two years ago.
Initially concerned about their mental health, well being and safety, I called the police and they confirmed that my friend was OK. Yet I have heard nothing since. The silence has been deafening. Even today, I am able to see messages sent to my friend that have been delivered but either unread or ignored.
It is natural for us to want to care and reach out to people who are important to us, but when our efforts seem to be in vain, there comes a point where we need to let get go and move on.
Let go and let God. Pray for your friend that God will take care of them and protect them, wherever they are and whatever they are doing.
And remember that God cares for you. He understands your feeling of sadness, your feeling of rejection. Allow him to comfort and console you.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
maybe it's for the best since you're married

do you & your wife have a connection with any couple friends?

No. And I don't think I would be any good at it! I don't like most guys! lol :)

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry to hear your news. I know how it feels to lose a good friendship and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I had a friend who I knew nearly all of my life who suddenly and unexpectedly ceased contact two years ago.
Initially concerned about their mental health, well being and safety, I called the police and they confirmed that my friend was OK. Yet I have heard nothing since. The silence has been deafening. Even today, I am able to see messages sent to my friend that have been delivered but either unread or ignored.
It is natural for us to want to care and reach out to people who are important to us, but when our efforts seem to be in vain, there comes a point where we need to let get go and move on.
Let go and let God. Pray for your friend that God will take care of them and protect them, wherever they are and whatever they are doing.
And remember that God cares for you. He understands your feeling of sadness, your feeling of rejection. Allow him to comfort and console you.

Wonderful post, brother. It touched my heart.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well you might be pleasantly surprised
with couples, dynamics are different than one on one

Yeah, I'd be open to trying it. Unfortunately, there is no one at our church our age - but this is where I work. I'm not willing to go to another church because a) My church is the denomination I feel best at and all the other churches in the area I don't feel comfortable with their worship style (ours is the only traditional one left, it's pretty much dying - and by dying, I don't mean the church is dying - traditional sounding music in churches is dying) and b) I work at this church for the people; it's sad there are no couple friends for us, but my wife isn't into them either.

But I feel you with the accountability vibe; I had that with this friend.

Upvote 0

deanerenata32

Jul 8, 2021
greeneville
✟10,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Is your friend introverted or do they have any mental disabilities? Because I have both and I'm the quiet child in real life, I just find it easier to open up on a computer than I do in real life.

What I am saying is, don't be so quick to judge. Maybe they have things wrong with them like I do and they just find it hard to talk to people.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is your friend introverted or do they have any mental disabilities? Because I have both and I'm the quiet child in real life, I just find it easier to open up on a computer than I do in real life.

What I am saying is, don't be so quick to judge. Maybe they have things wrong with them like I do and they just find it hard to talk to people.

I totally understand. I think she had enough of computers and being friends with online people. She came back a little while; now I see her on Facebook, but I am afraid to initiate a conversation because if I do, she will say she will not talk to me in PM - as it SHOULD be.

I am sorry you have trouble making connections yourself, but you seem like a cool guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lol, I'm not a guy, I'm a female, I'm a woman. But I will forgive you for your misgendered saying. :satisfied: When referring to me, please say "She, hers, her."

Oh, I am so sorry. I think I saw the first 4 letters of your handle 'Dean' and made a bad assumption. Pleased to meet you. :)

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It is a sad thing - and I can feel with you!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I do not have much friends in real life. It's been lonely and difficult- I am afraid to say. Ultimately, I have to respect people's boundaries and just leave them alone.

I am sorry you are having a hard time. God's love be with you.

• Agree
Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums