lost all my self confidence in life cant make any decisions.

fred96002001

Feb 28, 2011
✟15,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am way too afraid to get up and start a family. a part of me wants to but a part of me don't want to. there is a part of me that says why on earth would i want to bring another child here to suffer in this evil rotten world. I don't know what to think any more. everything just seems rotten to me any more in life. There is just too much i want to change about my life from now on it is just too overwhelming i cant find my true self. i just feel lost in life. it is like you hit a fork in the road and you stand there cant move asking yourself staring at the fork in the road asking do i go right or left? while every body else in life just pass you by. This whole world will just get up and pass me by because i cant make a choice in life. i just lost all my self confidence in life. praying day in and out for an answer. lost all my self confidence in life cant make any decisions. been like this for years now i just cant any decisions in confidence. I just don't know if it is the depression or what. everything just seems and feels rotten to me. I just don't know how to say it other then that. Don't get me wrong i am great-full for what i do have. I just wish the Lord would just tell me what to do. like he did when he guide me to move to this house. all i ask is please guide me in the right direction i am stuck not knowing what direction in life. God you just need to push me again. push me in the right direction. I am just lost at what and where to go in life. Lord please push me so i can be happy in life again.

Last edited:

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i am way too afraid to get up and start a family. a part of me wants to but a part of me don't want to. there is a part of me that says why on earth would i want to bring another child here to suffer in this evil rotten world. I don't know what to think any more. everything just seems rotten to me any more in life. There is just too much i want to change about my life from now on it is just too overwhelming i cant find my true self. i just feel lost in life. it is like you hit a fork in the road and you stand there cant move asking yourself staring at the fork in the road asking do i go right or left? while every body else in life just pass you by. This whole world will just get up and pass me by because i cant make a choice in life. i just lost all my self confidence in life. praying day in and out for an answer. lost all my self confidence in life cant make any decisions. been like this for years now i just cant any decisions in confidence. I just don't know if it is the depression or what. everything just seems and feels rotten to me. I just don't know how to say it other then that. Don't get me wrong i am great-full for what i do have. I just wish the Lord would just tell me what to do. like he did when he guide me to move to this house. all i ask is please guide me in the right direction i am stuck not knowing what direction in life. God you just need to push me again. push me in the right direction. I am just lost at what and where to go in life. Lord please push me so i can be happy in life again.

Hello Friend, The Lord will guide you if you ask him to.

wanna know the trick? Just trust it in all certainty... don't doubt Him. Say it, pray it, and believe it.

"But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."-James 1:6

He will guide you eventually one way or another.
He will not leave one of His own alone and in the dark (assuming your right with Him)

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."-Romans 8:38-39

Let Him guide your life (as it sounds like you've done so far:) )

-The Lowest Servant

Ps. "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace."-Acts 20:24

A little food for thought;)

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Keep the hope friend, do not let your emotions get the best of you. Emotions can make us feel lost, lonely, and helpless. But the Spirit gives us peace and strength even in the darkest times of our life. Seek this Holy Spirit because it is a free gift that the Lord provided. God doesn't make mistakes, he created you for a reason. Forgive yourself of your past mistakes because he has forgiven by letting you enjoy another day to correct them. If you are worried about making the right decision, I think it would best to ask your self what would Jesus do? Most of the decisions we have to make in our life can be answered through the scriptures. The scriptures is the Word of God, it is food for our Spirit that guides us. The burden of the world and its sinfulness is not your burden so don't be discouraged, remember you have a loving all powerful looking out for you! Seek his kingdom and Jesus will work everything else out. I will be praying for you and God bless you!

Upvote 0

JonahGirl

Feb 9, 2012
New Bern, North Carolina
Visit site
✟15,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I used to talk on this forum and now I've come back. :)

I have felt just this confused at times. I was also panicky, but I don't want to put that on you. What seems to help me is to focus on something outside myself...

The most helpful things I have done:
I had panic attacks when I went shopping, and when I asked God to help me see opportunities to help others, I pretty much instantly stopped having panic attacks and hardly ever have them now. I think this gave me something specific, and God-centered, to think about while I was out so I wasn't as open to negative and nervous thoughts.

Sometimes in the midst of stressful situations with loved ones, I manage to remember to ask God what I could do to understand the other person or make them feel better. This may result in a practical solution or it may just change my perspective.

I believe this type of thing compares to driving. I know that sounds silly, but please bear with me. If you look at the front of the car in an attempt to keep the car straight, you'll be driving all over and not at all straight because you are reacting to every tiny real and anticipated movement. If you look ahead of you at the spot in the road where you are heading, you will naturally drive there and pretty much straight.

I believe that there is a Godly spot in the road you can look at that will work specifically for you, and if you direct your thoughts that way, the rest will naturally get much, much better.

Upvote 0