• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

losing weight

Kiterius

CF's Favorite Member
Dec 24, 2016
Earth
✟32,893.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are you doing to lose weight? Has anyone heard of shark tank diet or skinny fit? I would like a supplement of some kind of sort of jump start the process. I want to lose 25 lbs. thanks

I'm using an app to count calories. I've lost about 15 pounds since March.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First of all, I stopped saying "lose" because my mind always interpreted that as a bad thing and resisted it.
Second best thing I did was remove gluten from my diet (normal eating). I learned that any gluten in the gut causes an enzymatic reaction that blocks the uptake of nutrition from other foods. The body then stores it (becomes fat etc) because it doesn't know what to do with it, can't digest it (also caused me reflux)... I continued eating otherwise but my body slimmed to it's good weight nearly by itself and very quickly, and has stayed there. I don't even have gluten in the house now, not even dog food! :D

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What are you doing to lose weight? Has anyone heard of shark tank diet or skinny fit? I would like a supplement of some kind of sort of jump start the process. I want to lose 25 lbs. thanks

Hi Jan, I see you have also asked about fasting, I posted to you in that thread, and I am glad to see this one from you, they go hand in hand.

Google "The 5-2 Diet" Its devised by a Dr. Mosely it's in PDF form and you can read all about it, If you do it correctly you should be able to lose what you want in no time, no kidding, it also would work in nicely with your fasting, read the PDF and you will understand.

I did it religiously and lost 30 lbs. from 180 to 150 in about 2 mo. I have maintained my weight for over 5 years very easily, and when I see that I have gained 2 or 3 lbs. I go back on it for a week and I'm set for a year with no problems.

It's great for Christians because it can be used as a regular regimen of Fasting and Prayer, and it's healthy at the same time.

The 5-2 diet is the easiest diet you will ever try, and I can say to you especially, it's something you want to do anyway.

Try it you'll like it.

Be Blessed.

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟76,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Second vote for keto, ive lost 35 lbs. in the last 3 months and feel great. not restricting calories or anything. I do include some fasting/intermitint fasting (basicly only eat if im actully hungrey and then eat till im full)
An excellent source of info is dr.jason Fung

Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
First of all, I stopped saying "lose" because my mind always interpreted that as a bad thing and resisted it.
Second best thing I did was remove gluten from my diet (normal eating). I learned that any gluten in the gut causes an enzymatic reaction that blocks the uptake of nutrition from other foods. The body then stores it (becomes fat etc) because it doesn't know what to do with it, can't digest it (also caused me reflux)... I continued eating otherwise but my body slimmed to it's good weight nearly by itself and very quickly, and has stayed there. I don't even have gluten in the house now, not even dog food! :D

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

Jan800

Mar 31, 2016
AZ
✟20,688.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Second vote for keto, ive lost 35 lbs. in the last 3 months and feel great. not restricting calories or anything. I do include some fasting/intermitint fasting (basicly only eat if im actully hungrey and then eat till im full)
An excellent source of info is dr.jason Fung
congrats on your weight loss!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums