• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Losing weight....

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't know if I know anyone who can actually feel the food go to their stomach.
If it used to though, and that has changed, find a natural health professional or one with decades of experience to help understand what may be going on and what to watch for. "Grandma" or "Grandpa" used to know enough to pass on to the children and grand children to understand these sorts of things,
but
the government of this world (not under Jesus), has taken control of it in large part, and doesn't want people to trust God any more.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yeah. I just feel my food get stuck in my chest.
There's a half dozen or more reasons for that, some serious, some not serious.
Find out from a health clinic or similar resource. (keep looking for one also, not just to use this time, but to use in God's Way - His Way, finding out what is best all the time)
Even the very simple reasons why that happens, btw, cannot be given as if medical advice or whatever. There's too much risk of not being right and then of worse things happening.
So there's nothing to do but start calling medical facilities if you don't have a regular doctor, until you can find one who will talk with you and see you if needed.

Since it may effect or be affected by various internal processes and organs that are important to life, find out what's going on from someone licensed to tell you.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please do see an MD and don't put it off. It could be stress but it could also be something wrong with your esophagus. Do not put this check up off, please. ((((hug)))
alright

• Friendly
Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I agree about seeing the dr. Acid reflux can make you feel a lot like things are stuck in your chest. Stress and so on can trigger it and they have great medication as treatment for it.
(chuckling) if that's all it is (acid reflux) there's a half dozen natural ways to deal with it safely also. Just be sure of the diagnosis whatever it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yea but ive been to doctors. They tell me nothing is wrong with me
They do that a lot,
usually because they don't know. (and there's not enough 'insurance' to pay for the tests that would identify what if anything is lacking).
Find other doctors ...... as able. Search by word of mouth as able,
to find support groups (with similar ailments) and their ideas too.... often more helpful and less expensive than other directions.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Youre correct when you say they dont know..they just focus on what they understand and try to ignore the real problem..i hate going to the doctor
Oh, they get a lot of 'education' and are trained to come up with some diagnosis - that is sometimes the most important part , getting a diagnosis (realizing they can be wrong too, of course)....

But when it is as simple as a dietary deficiency, they ignore those until it progresses to worse illnesses, instead of diagnosing it years ahead of real problems.
So again, it goes back to find someone who can tell you what's going on,
and as needed can do the simple tests (not blood tests usually, but urine test to "test the terrain" (look up), and saliva test sometimes likewise) -
simple tests that shows toxings present or nutrients absent in the body.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your following it with say, 8 to 16 oz of water or whatever, it's going down. Only other place for it to go is the lungs and trust me, you'd know if they were stealing it.

Certain foods I eat just sit there till I wash it down, and I then I too can feel it go down.

And none of that is to say there isn't something else causing your felling as you do.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your following it with say, 8 to 16 oz of water or whatever, it's going down. Only other place for it to go is the lungs and trust me, you'd know if they were stealing it.

Certain foods I eat just sit there till I wash it down, and I then I too can feel it go down.

And none of that is to say there isn't something else causing your felling as you do.
I was afraid they may be going in my lungs but i dont know..i just feel like its not going where its suppose to..

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been losing weight lately and i dont know why. And when i eat i cant feel my food go down to my stomach. It feels like it just stays on my chest :-/

Could be anxiety. Anxiety can play havoc in the body, causing odd sensations. Or indigestion/acid reflux - I get that occasionally and it feels like pressure in my chest that sometimes extends outwards and can lead to headaches.

Upvote 0

Jenniferdiana

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could be anxiety. Anxiety can play havoc in the body, causing odd sensations. Or indigestion/acid reflux - I get that occasionally and it feels like pressure in my chest that sometimes extends outwards and can lead to headaches.
I guess

Upvote 0