Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am. I'm already in one and in my church I am learning more but the feeling of being without the Holy Spirit due to my own stupidity is still there it's very void and empty. If I don't ever feel that lovely feeling of the Holy Spirit again in this age I pray in the age to come Jesus can see I want to accept him fully, I am just struggling
I bet you do feel Him again. I don't know if you are a new believer maybe ? But those first months are on fire with God when we become born again, invariably comes a more quiet time and it can be for a while ( I went three years once and then out of no place I got HS instructions to create music for my pastor friends tv broadcast). But if you really look for signs you will see He is there. You will sense little blessings and guidance, seeming coincidences that just seem to work in your life. Oh He is there. Peace will come to you, your house feels still and quiet.

Listen to the video.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As much as I appriciate what you are suggesting I've been a Christian for 3 years.. in 10 years I've written almost 4 suicide notes, I am very depressed empty and feel no difference between what is sin and what isn't other than my human knowledge and don't feel the Holy Spirit.. it's my fault I don't know what I've done but there's something blocking it and I don't know what it is. I won't lie and say I feel the holy spirit and it's saddening.. I know my sin has pushed my far from God even though I do repent.

Sometimes it feels as though I'm hopeless.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
As much as I appriciate what you are suggesting I've been a Christian for 3 years.. in 10 years I've written almost 4 suicide notes, I am very depressed empty and feel no difference between what is sin and what isn't other than my human knowledge and don't feel the Holy Spirit.. it's my fault I don't know what I've done but there's something blocking it and I don't know what it is. I won't lie and say I feel the holy spirit and it's saddening.. I know my sin has pushed my far from God even though I do repent.

Sometimes it feels as though I'm hopeless.
The Holy Spirit is not always felt though. You have to run on knowledge and wisdom from God, from scripture. You started on a good track here don't stop now. I don't always feel the spirit and I'm a sinner. We are all sinners our righteousness is in Christ, living in the spirit, not the flesh. The flesh is hopeless, not just yours but all of us ! One day we get new glorified bodies, meanwhile goofy things happen in these. God looks at us and sees His son, those who have come to the son that is. Don't look at your circumstances and feelings, face the light, face Jesus. Your one single soul to Him is worth more than all the world, He feels that about all souls.

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to keep believing God loves me I want to keep believing in the promises but I keep hearing about reprobate and how the Christians on YouTube say they can neber be saved... is this true? I am sorry Jesus for my sins :( I repent and I repent but I still feel so hardened.. what if I died in this State of wilful sin because of the lies?

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The devil is so evil he twists things so much. God I am sorry. Lord Jesus I am sorry please have mercy on my soul. Lord Jesus please help me to not sin in my anger. Lord Jesus I pray against the evil spirits inside of me lying to me in Jesus name I command them to silence. Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is what happens when relying on feelings to discern the Holy Spirit. I have God's peace most when I am just submitted. When I'm talking about Him too. I trust He will take care of me and He has. I trust that He will guide and teach me. I do not know when He is talking to me or prompting me but I know He does. I know this because of the miracles which happen frequently.

If I was to guess how He speaks it must be to my inner being and not my mind. You need to stop worrying and to take your eyes off what you feel and just look at Him. Sovereign creator, King of all.

If you follow feelings you can mess up and be deceived. The Bible shows how our God is faithful and keeps His promises. Trust Him. Take heart and throw away these doubts.

I have been where you are. It defeated me, kept me in the wilderness for 15 years. That was despite clear signs from God that I was His. Eventually, things got sorted but I messed up pretty quickly thinking I was doing what God wanted and made a huge mistake. He was there throughout it and now, eventually I'm starting to understand.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The devil is so evil he twists things so much. God I am sorry. Lord Jesus I am sorry please have mercy on my soul. Lord Jesus please help me to not sin in my anger. Lord Jesus I pray against the evil spirits inside of me lying to me in Jesus name I command them to silence. Amen
I fear that you have heard false teachings. Rest on what the Bible says, not what people say the Bible says. (I mean there are no evil spirits inside you. Just the Holy Spirit who has sealed you as His. Read Psalm 91 and slowly)

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus hates sin but always loves the person. He loves you in spirit and soul, He knows every hair on your head better than you do. Trust Him. I pray a blessing on you. Amen Love Jesus because he first loved you and believe it.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I want to keep believing God loves me I want to keep believing in the promises but I keep hearing about reprobate and how the Christians on YouTube say they can neber be saved... is this true? I am sorry Jesus for my sins :( I repent and I repent but I still feel so hardened.. what if I died in this State of wilful sin because of the lies?

Please, sister, let God be God. You need rest. Repentance is not a game where you make the right moves. You're repenting right now, probably have been doing it for quite some time. We can't force a feeling, we can't force something magical to happen. If we get lost in the maze of strange religious rules and games, everything becomes fearful and we're running around like headless chicken, terrified at all times. Let God be God, ask Him to take care of you and work His good will in you, and put your hope in Christ. That's it. What you become, your new spiritual self, it's a work in progress. You say you've been a Christian for 3 years. I've been one for about 20 years, and I'm learning and growing every day, in fact lately more than in years - yet God is not done with me, not even close. It's the same with everyone in here, we're trying to honestly search for God, put our hope in Him and love our neighbor. Many of us go through confusion, fear, doubt and tribulation, and in the end all of us, despite our differences in doctrine, have to come to the conclusion that God is God, and I am not, Christ is a savior, and His will be done.

Let God work. We can't handle it. We can barely even handle being ourselves.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was also moved to pray for you before I saw Dave's post. I pray that you just give up your understanding and stand firm in Him. That you just rest in the knowledge of what Christ did and that you are a child of God. That you acknowledge that you can't do it and that He has already done it. That all you need to do is keep your eyes on Him and quietly walk wirh that knowledge.

That you give up this mental battle and trust Him to grow you.

I used to have a rollercoaster relationship with the Lord two years ago. It's become more stable since I've learned to trust always. I think it was seeing how He took care of me through my brother's death which taught me the last thing. He prepares our paths in advance. He knows what will happen and He gave me what I needed to deal with it, with His peace in my heart. He prepared me. Infact, I was in awe most days at His goodness, He even ensured my beother became a Christian and was baptised two days before he died.

There is no need to worry as a child of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I feel The Holy Spirit has left me, I don't understand really what's happening
Hey, what happened that made you think the Holy Spirit left you? you don't have to respond if you don't want to. just wondering a little more detail. was it a dramatic physical experience? or was it just that you stumbled, and felt the presence of the Holy Spirit drift to where you just felt yourself? or was it that you could feel joy, and now that joy is gone?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I felt like He was ripped from me one day, and then the next day I felt terror, and verses kept coming at me that were about how I should be willing to die for my Savior, how He is worthy. How I should have submitted and done what I thought the Holy Spirit was telling me to do out of faith, and that I need to walk in obedience, but am wondering how to get the Holy Spirit back, so that I can have the strength and the faith to do what was asked of me, which might be impossible for me to do by my own strength. But all things are possible with God. it seems like food has now proven to be a stumbling block for me, and every time I eat, or at least when I overeat, I get guilt. and now I am not sure if the door will open up for me to do what I thought God asked me to do. I feel like I am walking around against God's will all day. He is perfectly just. I read people say to repent, but in order to do that I might need to do something that I am unable to do unless God is giving me power to do it. I am in a rut.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
never mind, I missed the fact that there were two pages, so I have read up more. I don't know how to direct message. I joined this to find out if there is hope, because this happened about two weeks ago.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I felt like He was ripped from me one day, and then the next day I felt terror, and verses kept coming at me that were about how I should be willing to die for my Savior, how He is worthy. How I should have submitted and done what I thought the Holy Spirit was telling me to do out of faith, and that I need to walk in obedience, but am wondering how to get the Holy Spirit back, so that I can have the strength and the faith to do what was asked of me, which might be impossible for me to do by my own strength. But all things are possible with God. it seems like food has now proven to be a stumbling block for me, and every time I eat, or at least when I overeat, I get guilt. and now I am not sure if the door will open up for me to do what I thought God asked me to do. I feel like I am walking around against God's will all day. He is perfectly just. I read people say to repent, but in order to do that I might need to do something that I am unable to do unless God is giving me power to do it. I am in a rut.

Let me get this right. You were in terror, and then you started looking for Bible verses, and all you saw was condemnation? Or did you mean something else by "verses kept coming at me"? It also seems very strange, that somehow in the middle of this you're getting guilt from eating, even if you eat a bit too much.

I don't know you, and I wasn't there, but just by reading this I don't think this if from God. God doesn't make fearful obedience machines out of us. He works within us, grants guidance, helps us love each other better and enables us to seek him better. He is making the new spiritual man in you, you aren't. None of us are fully obedient, it's a work in progress, God absolutely knows this, and God Himself is molding us into a new being. Christ is a savior, and his yoke is easy. He came to save us from our own vain desperate efforts, and to grant us new life. We never did anything to earn the Spirit in the first place, it's not ours to earn, it's His to give to those who want it, and often even for those who don't know to ask for it. Christ clearly says that the prodigal son will be taken back with open arms, He won't rest while a sheep is lost, and that when we ask for the Spirit, we will absolutely get it.

I might get some flak for this, but I'd advise for you to see a mental health professional. Don't lose your hope. Said a prayer for you brother.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
never mind, I missed the fact that there were two pages, so I have read up more. I don't know how to direct message. I joined this to find out if there is hope, because this happened about two weeks ago.
You have more than hope, you have Christ ! You need to follow Him. Believe, trust, love Jesus. Did you watch the video I posted and also John ( the pastor in the video) has a along version he did in a sermon, several actually.

One thing he brings out is none of us can do this, it's a work of God. We have to believe God and trust Him. But the fact that you are concerned is proof enough you are His. Seek Him ( Jesus) you will find Him, he has already found you.

Reactions: Tempura
Upvote 0

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I did a lot of things sinful and wrong. Jesus is able to forgive all sins. but I know God is the one who gives us faith, I can not earn His grace. it is a free gift, far above what I can afford, all I have is already God's, and this earth is God's. I am God's, how to get back to Him when I don't feel His leading is one of my biggest problems.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I did a lot of things sinful and wrong. Jesus is able to forgive all sins. but I know God is the one who gives us faith, I can not earn His grace. it is a free gift, far above what I can afford, all I have is already God's, and this earth is God's. I am God's, how to get back to Him when I don't feel His leading is one of my biggest problems.
Self condemnation is a life long battle regarding old sins. Our minds work on that and Satan loves to use it that way. One day it seems like it finally hits home that hey I belong to Christ so Satan can go to hell, these sins were forgiven 2000 years ago at the cross and all I had to do was accept the one who did that for me.. Now believe the promise ! But you need to gain the assurance. It's one thing to be saved, all set, secure and on your way to heaven. To physically have that position in Christ. But to reap anything from it here on earth you have to believe it. You have to know and understand you belong to Jesus Christ. Our human condition doesn't want to believe this, in the flesh we actually still are sinners, forgiven at the cross but sinners. You need to move your mind set from the flesh to the spirit. God sees your spirit clean because of the blood of the cross. We commune with God in the spirit not the flesh. Our human minds need reconditioning to accept that, because we know what we are in the flesh, sinners. Bring them to Christ Jesus, tell him you need some help.

Meanwhile look up more sermons on assurance from good pastors, not little dooms day youtube clips. But real pastors with real churches. Two I like to hear from are Pastor John McCarther and Pastor Richard Jordon. Two different approaches both have internet presence. But don't become a follower of them, take what they offer and become a follower of Jesus ! The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus and His word. Do you have a bible and do you read it ?

Good pastors can help guide you, don't just assume things in your own head. You want to get out of self. Look outward not inward. Look to the light of Jesus Christ not to the darkness of your infirmity. When you turn to the darkness the light becomes dimmer, when you look to the light, the purity of Christ, the darkness is swallowed up. Jesus overcame the darkness, your freedom from this is found in Him. Do things that promote seeing Him more clearly. Depend on him in your weak times, in all things turn to Him, good and bad. Never hide from Jesus Christ even in your sin. He wants us to come to Him. Pray, for yourself and for other people too. Gain a prayer life. If nothing else from the bible read a psalm a day and maybe a proverb a day till you can gain a bible life too.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You are already His. You don't have to "go back to Him" any other way than to just have hope in Him, and that He will work His works in you, especially if you've asked Him to guide you and help you with your faith. There is nothing separating you and Christ. There are no rituals you need to perform, God is not running away from you, there are no barriers in between you and Him. He's with you, taking care of you in ways you probably don't even know about. Talk to Him in your prayers as you are. If you had faith with a feeling before, and you don't feel anything now, it's just a chance for you to see Christ as your rock, on which you can lean on with a decision, even without feeling it, and grow in your faith in another way which I've found to be very important. So trust Him, have hope in Him who is more powerful and unwavering than our emotional inner life. Perhaps one day you'll get the feeling of guidance back too, but it's better to hold on to God's promises first. It's okay. You can just trust now. Trust, hope, pray. You will not be given scorpions.

Upvote 0