United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK - SNP
No. :)

I believe you can "lose" salvation when you willfully reject Jesus. It's not a day-by-day performance test, it's about where you place your trust. Jesus' sacrifice is big enough to cover all our sins, but we need to accept it. It follows that if we have free will to accept, we also have free will to reject that later. That would be when someone "lost/gave up" salvation.

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Can a truly born-again Christian, who has had their sins forgiven, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, indwelt by God the Holy Spirit, ever be lost? The Bible's answer is NO. For those who live as though they had never been saved, lives of sinfulness, their salvation would be called into question. The Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13, will tell us where we are at.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This question is for those who believe salvation can be lost based upon one's ongoing performance. Does a Christian lose his salvation when he commits a sin?

No. When scripture makes such references about performance, it is informing believers that sin and the evidence of sin may be visible. It is saying that you can find examples of the lost by observing their self-destructive behaviors or crimes against others. You can be sure that while Jesus derided thieves, he didn't condemn people who stole food or slaves who broke rules to survive.

All the "sins" listed in scripture are possible visible signs of sin, not a final condemnation of the persons involved. Moses hid bodies in the sand after he killed people. He turned out alright.

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can a truly born-again Christian, who has had their sins forgiven, washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, indwelt by God the Holy Spirit, ever be lost? The Bible's answer is NO. For those who live as though they had never been saved, lives of sinfulness, their salvation would be called into question. The Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13, will tell us where we are at.
The bible's answer is YES.
Luke 8:13

JESUS SAID that those were saved for a while, TEMPORARILY.
Saved Temporarily.

Not, unsaved...

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How does Hebrews 10:19-31 apply to born again believers, who are being addressed here?

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having a great priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in fulness of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience: and having our body washed with pure water, let us hold fast the confession of our hope that it waver not; for he is faithful that promised: and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works; not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another ; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing nigh. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries.A man that hath set at nought Moses law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

None of what is said here, is addressed to the unsaved.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. When scripture makes such references about performance, it is informing believers that sin and the evidence of sin may be visible. It is saying that you can find examples of the lost by observing their self-destructive behaviors or crimes against others. You can be sure that while Jesus derided thieves, he didn't condemn people who stole food or slaves who broke rules to survive.

All the "sins" listed in scripture are possible visible signs of sin, not a final condemnation of the persons involved. Moses hid bodies in the sand after he killed people. He turned out alright.
What does your second paragraph mean?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does Hebrews 10:19-31 apply to born again believers, who are being addressed here?

"Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by the way which he dedicated for us, a new and living way, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; and having a great priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in fulness of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience: and having our body washed with pure water, let us hold fast the confession of our hope that it waver not; for he is faithful that promised: and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and good works; not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting one another ; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing nigh. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and a fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries.A man that hath set at nought Moses law dieth without compassion on the word of two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, think ye, shall he be judged worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant wherewith he was sanctified an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."

None of what is said here, is addressed to the unsaved.
Right.
So why write it?
Because salvation CAN be lost.

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The bible's answer is YES.
Luke 8:13

JESUS SAID that those were saved for a while, TEMPORARILY.
Saved Temporarily.

Not, unsaved...

Read John 5:24, where Jesus says that those who have been born again, have ALREADY (so the Greek) passed from death to life! The transition has already taken place for the truly saved! :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Right.
So why write it?
Because salvation CAN be lost.

These are HARD sayings that are in the Bible, which we cannot ignore, but must be studied prayerfully with the other Scriptures on the same subject, to see what the Bible does teach

Reactions: Xavier Cane
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read John 5:24, where Jesus says that those who have been born again, have ALREADY (so the Greek) passed from death to life! The transition has already taken place for the truly saved! :amen:
I agree.
As long as we abide with Jesus, we are saved and have eternal life. But what if we don't abide with Him?

John 15:1-6 Jesus said:

1“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. "

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These are HARD sayings that are in the Bible, which we cannot ignore, but must be studied prayerfully with the other Scriptures on the same subject, to see what the Bible does teach
What does the bible teach?
That we can do those things spoken of by Paul and still be saved?
Galatians 2:17-21

• Winner
Reactions: Acts2:38
Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I agree.
As long as we abide with Jesus, we are saved and have eternal life. But what if we don't abide with Him?

1“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2“Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit. 3“You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. "

is your salvation dependent on you, or on the Power of God? What does 1 Peter 1:3-5 say?

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time"

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree.

There are sinners who trust God and saints who don't.
It's cut and dried.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
is your salvation dependent on you, or on the Power of God? What does 1 Peter 1:3-5 say?

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time"
1 Peter 1:3-5
The inheritance which could never spoil or fade is kept in heaven for us.

Who through FAITH are shielded by God's power.

Agreed.

If we have faith............we're saved.
If we lose faith.............we're not saved.

1 Peter 1:15-17
1 Peter 1:8-9 "obtaining as the OUTCOME OF YOUR FAITH the salvation of your souls. "

Upvote 0

TheBibleIsTruth

Dec 19, 2017
Dudley
✟18,402.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
1 Peter 1:3-5
The inheritance which could never spoil or fade is kept in heaven for us.

Who through FAITH are shielded by God's power.

Agreed.

If we have faith............we're saved.
If we lose faith.............we're not saved.

1 Peter 1:15-17
1 Peter 1:8-9 "obtaining as the OUTCOME OF YOUR FAITH the salvation of your souls. "

How does one loose their faith?

Upvote 0