Losing my faith in Jesus...

Mia Turner

Feb 21, 2015
✟205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone, I have decided to register to this website only to post this thread and maybe get some few honest opinions. First, my name is Mia and I'm an 18 years old Christian and i'm currently in my 1st year in college (majoring in Geology). For so long I have been defending the word of God against doubters, and I tried my utmost best to convince people that Christianity strives for peace and justice among all people, to protect and restore the integrity of our earth and commit to a path of lifelong learning, compassion and selfless love. But recently, I've been asking myself whether or not God is real. I'm losing all of my faith in Him, in fact I don't think I believe in Him anymore. I think I'm becoming an Atheist. If He is real, then why does he tolerate so many bad things to happen? It doesn't make any sense at all... Why isn't He answering my prayers, why isn't He making my life any easier, why does he allow natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis to take place and kill thousands of people...? Why isn't Evolution mentioned in the bible, why isn't the big bang mentioned in the bible... When my antagonists used to tell me that the only reason I believe is because I'm too gullible, they weren't wrong. I used to tell them that God has determined that the only way we are saved is by faith and not by some substantiated empirical scientific data. But that's simply not fair.. You cannot possibly disprove something that isn't real firsthand. I think my question is, how do you know God exist? Thank you very much for reading this.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think suffering is an important part of the Christian walk. There are a lot of passages in the bible that refer to suffering as part of life, and for those that overcome there are rewards in heaven. Sometimes, I think that suffering hurts, but it can cause us to be better people. God is the refiner's fire, and going through fire can hurt, but it is through fire that metal is refined. Malachi 3:2-4. 1 Peter 4:12. Romans 5:3-5. 2 Corinthians 4:17.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mia Turner

Feb 21, 2015
✟205.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think suffering is an important part of the Christian walk. There are a lot of passages in the bible that refer to suffering as part of life, and for those that overcome there are rewards in heaven. Sometimes, I think that suffering hurts, but it can cause us to be better people. God is the refiner's fire, and going through fire can hurt, but it is through fire that metal is refined. Malachi 3:2-4. 1 Peter 4:12. Romans 5:3-5.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still just a book. A book which speaks against gay people and even condone slavery. What about children who are born with bone cancer? Children who are born with Aids/HIV? Still, it's nonsensical. If God is there, and He's sitting somewhere watching me struggle with my own thoughts, then He's definitely losing me.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Doesn't change the fact that it's still just a book. A book which speaks against gay people and even condone slavery. What about children who are born with bone cancer? Children who are born with Aids/HIV? Still, it's nonsensical. If God is there, and He's sitting somewhere watching me struggle with my own thoughts, then He's definitely losing me.

First, I do not understand what you mean by 'speaks against gay people'.

If you mean that God is specific that He created man first and then a woman as a companion for the man. That man and a woman together can procreate, where as a man with a man cannot. Having hetrosexual sex outside of marriage is a sin. Lusting after someone is also a sin, especially for married men. Homosexual sex between the same sex is also a sin.

I don't feel that God purposely has pulled out homosexuals as being in sin. There are a lot of ways to be in sin because of our sexual desires.

Second point, I'm going to imagine that you are talking about slavery in the Old Testament. From my understanding slavery back then was like a social welfare system. Those who had no land to farm and no way to support themselves would give themselves as workers over to someone and work for them. It was also common in the OT days that a man may have to work for his father-in-law for some time as a dowry or as a stipulation of marrying someone's daughter.

As far as the other things go like diseases. I truthfully think many things we have brought upon ourselves. We are the ones poking around with all kind of biochemical agents for war and experimenting with all kinds of things, even cloning.

As far as God helping you, God doesn't always answer our prayers on our timing, but God has His own timeline. There are many different ways that God can answer prayer. Sometimes it's through another person, I've had Aha moments, sometimes it's through His Word or a Christian book or a friend and many times he guides us in the right direction.

There are a few verses that may help you to cling to your faith. I like to know what the promises of God are and these are some of the most important.

1 John 1:9
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 8:39
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

John 10:28-30
"and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. http://biblehub.com/john/10-29.htm"My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. "I and the Father are one.""

John 14:1-4
“Don’t be troubled. Believe in God, and believe in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms. If that were not true, would I have told you that I’m going to prepare a place for you? 3 If I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again. Then I will bring you into my presence so that you will be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Upvote 0

JLR1300

Dec 16, 2012
Oklahoma
✟8,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regarding knowing whether or not God exists, you cannot absolutely prove it one way or another. People have to go with what seems the most reasonable. For me, it seems more reasonable to believe that such a complex and amazing universe is the product of an intelligence. I know the atheistic evolutionists believe that all of this design and beauty is just the result of a cosmic accident but that just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Another thing is the question of morality. If atheistic evolution is correct then ultimately there is no such thing as right and wrong. If the smart people decide to kill all the stupid people who can say that is truly wrong? Isn't that just the survival of the fittest? Atheists say that you can't say that adultery is really wrong morally... but yet they get upset if you have an affair with their wife. That isn't reasonable. Deep down everyone knows there is truly right and wrong and it is reasonable to think that God put that knowledge in us.

People try to tell us that it is unreasonable to believe in God but to me it is perfectly reasonable. I believe that the real reason people don't believe in God is because they want to fornicate and get drunk and be selfish etc. and they know that if God exists they will ultimately have to answer for how they have lived. They don't like that idea so they try to make themselves and others believe that God doesn't exist. However, deep down they have a sneaking suspicion that He actually does exist and in their unguarded moments they secretly have a sense of inner dread about having to ultimately face Him.

Finally, it is reasonable to believe that there is justice in the universe. If atheism is true then kind and loving people will be completely unrewarded and murderers like Hitler will go basically unpunished. A universe like that is more unreasonable than one where everything is ultimately just. If God exists then all of the wrongs will eventually be righted. With Atheism all is absurd and unfair. Deep down we all know that is not true.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, I have decided to register to this website only to post this thread and maybe get some few honest opinions. First, my name is Mia and I'm an 18 years old Christian and i'm currently in my 1st year in college (majoring in Geology). For so long I have been defending the word of God against doubters, and I tried my utmost best to convince people that Christianity strives for peace and justice among all people, to protect and restore the integrity of our earth and commit to a path of lifelong learning, compassion and selfless love. But recently, I've been asking myself whether or not God is real. I'm losing all of my faith in Him, in fact I don't think I believe in Him anymore. I think I'm becoming an Atheist. If He is real, then why does he tolerate so many bad things to happen? It doesn't make any sense at all... Why isn't He answering my prayers, why isn't He making my life any easier, why does he allow natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis to take place and kill thousands of people...? Why isn't Evolution mentioned in the bible, why isn't the big bang mentioned in the bible... When my antagonists used to tell me that the only reason I believe is because I'm too gullible, they weren't wrong. I used to tell them that God has determined that the only way we are saved is by faith and not by some substantiated empirical scientific data. But that's simply not fair.. You cannot possibly disprove something that isn't real firsthand. I think my question is, how do you know God exist? Thank you very much for reading this.

It sounds like you were raised with religion but never came to know God personally. This happens to a lot of children who are born in Christian homes; they mentally ascent to the faith of their parents but when they go into the world, they are quickly converted by worldly wisdom. There are answers to all of your questions, but the main answer is that you were never born again:

John 3:3 Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

You can't have a relationship with God, or know His ways, without being born again. If you are willing to submit yourself to God before it is too late, and understand that you are a sinner in need of a Savior, then God will reveal Himself to you. Without that revelation, you will not understand God or His ways.. I am praying for you, but you have to respond to what He has revealed to you.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why does God allow bad things to happen? By your own words, you seem to believe in the Big Bang and evolution. He created a universe and laws of physics. He also created germs and bacteria (they allow you to digest food and they allow dead organic matter to return to the soil, you know). They kill, but they are also good. You believe in evolution, which is beneficial mutation. Well, mutation also creates cancer cells. Mutation is good and bad. Fire destroys forests, yet allows new growth to begin. Waves destroy towns, but churn the oceans so that life can exist. Wind destroys trailer parks, but is also a cool breeze and a means to move plant spores around.

You want all the good and give credit to nature for that, but blame God for all the bad. I went through your phase when I was 16 and I walked away from God for 30 years. Enjoy your atheist years. You will come to believe that you are the center of the universe and your own god as I did. Hopefully, you'll mature enough to see the perfection of God's creation, even with its tornados and diseases. Hopefully it won't take you 30 years like it for me.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi mia,

You ask a question that so many seekers ask. If God is real, why does he tolerate so many bad things to happen?

Have you ever considered what it would mean if God didn't tolerate the wickedness of men? We always want to point to murderers and child molesters and thieves and liars and say to ourselves, 'Why doesn't God do something about those people?' Have you ever considered what it would mean to mankind if God did decide one day to reign down His wrath upon the wicked?

We always want to judge by the judgment of men, but if God chose to reign down His wrath upon mankind it wouldn't be with the judgment of men, but with His judgment.

Jesus said the first and greatest law was to love God.

So, how many do you think would be swept from life if God decided to enforce His greatest law? The second law is like unto it, love your neighbor as yourself. How many lives would that cost?

Secondly, what day would you like Him to reign down His wrath? Everyday at all times as people broke only these two laws? How many friends do you have that don't love God? Are you ok with them being swept away tomorrow from life? I didn't come to love God until my 40's. Using your method I would have never made it to 40. I'd have been gone at probably my late teens if we allow that God would grant children to reach some 'age of accountability'.

How about your mother and father? Have they loved God, and no I don't mean known about God, but loved God from their teens? Have you ever asked them when they came to believe the truth? It's highly possible that if God were to use your method you wouldn't even exist today.

God made a promise to Noah just after He did try your method of cleansing the earth that He would never do that again until the time that He has designated for judgment. Through seed time and harvest God promised to let mankind remain and allow the wicked to live among the righteous until the day of His judgment upon the earth once again. this is the parable of the wheat and the weeds. God's angels wanted to go out and destroy the weeds growing among the wheat, just as you do. But God said to them, no, because in doing so you may destroy some of the wheat. Would you exist today if God was constantly destroying the weeds as they came up?

I would just say that you should be careful what you wish for. Getting it may well extinguish your existence. Were your grandparents and their parents lovers of God? You exist today to know life because God has been patient with them.

But, don't be deceived. There will come a day of judgment. A day in which God will do just exactly what you want Him to do and if you turn back from your faith, you will also receive His wrath. Peter wrote about this very thing.

But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men. But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming. That day will bring about the destruction of the heavens by fire, and the elements will melt in the heat.

Are you ready to deliberately forget? You obviously know the truth but your words sound as though you are ready to deliberately forget all about it. Knowing what you have known, do you honestly think that's a good idea?

Peter then answers the question of those who would then say, 'but among all this wickedness on the earth, how shall we live?'

So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him. Bear in mind that our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

God is patiently waiting through seed time and harvest as mankind becomes more and more wicked just as Paul wrote in the first words of his letter to the Romans. But, the time will come. It is out there on the horizon somewhere and you have the opportunity to live this life, even though you may have sinned, because God is patiently waiting for some to come to know and understand the truth and choose His righteousness. Today, loved one, you stand at a crossroads. Jesus said there are two paths out of this life. The broad one that many are on and the narrow one that few find. Which road will you take?

Yes, all the wicked and unbelieving are going to work to tear down your faith. However, you know that God exists and that He is the God revealed to us through His Scriptures. When you get to the last chapters of the Revelation you will find that the description of the 1000 year reign of our Lord is filled with those who were martyred for their faith. I don't think God has ever pulled any punches in telling us that here on the earth His righteous ones will be hated and mistreated. Even Jesus said that when those detractors teaching evolution and godlessness come against you in their hate, that we are to console ourselves by understanding that they hated him first. Did you think that you were going to be the only one that that teaching wouldn't apply to?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

If I may say so, one does not need to jump from faith directly into atheism. It's a long way, and a "hard landing".

Instead, examine each aspect of your faith, all the way down to the nitty gritty stuff. Why do (or did) you believe it? Is it something you can make work, and hold onto? If so, keep it and move on to the next thing. If not, set it aside and move on to the next thing. It's a really tough process. It takes a long time. It takes a lot of thought, and insight. It took me nearly a decade to examine everything that needed to be examined, and I still look for stuff. And nobody can do it for you. Nobody ever should do it for you. What you believe is up to you, and nobody can define it for you. So take your time. Enjoy it even.

People of faith like to point at atheists as people who just want to sin, or fornicate, or drink. There may be people like that, sure. Don't be one of those people. Don't call yourself an atheist as an excuse to be a jerk.

There are people of faith who presume to tell me what my beliefs are about the origins of the universe, or the nature of morality, or the meaning of life or even why I'm an atheist. But what they say doesn't really matter. They can't tell you what you believe, and they can't tell you what I believe. They just don't know. And they really shouldn't make claims about things they don't really know about.

All I'm saying is, don't be eager to rush out of what you already believe. It is a pointless exercise to say "I'm an atheist" if you really are just one of those people who is mad at God. Be smart. Be knowledgeable. Scrutinize. Look for truth. Take ideas from others, consider them, ask questions, do thought experiments, keep what you believe, and set aside what you don't.

But don't just say "I'm an atheist" until you've really put some time, thought and effort into it.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I believed for 20 years, was married to a pastor and then he wanted a divorce and took my kids, I prayed and God didn't give them back, He didn't answer me, I was living together with an atheist and heard all his arguments and came to the point where I didn't believe He existed anymore. The thing that brought me back to Him was all the evil and suffering in the world. I reckoned: there's enough evidence for a devil, there must be a God too.
I studied Physical Geography and then I thought: Well maybe He did it in 7 era's but this makes more sense to me:
The Bible, Genesis and Geology
How I know God exists? He speaks to me, I sense His Presence and I saw people healed from cancer and other diseases instantly after prayer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good morning mia,

Woke up with a burden for you this morning. God bless you. Sadly, many youth have to face a major crisis in faith when they head out into the grown up world of college. Your major isn't going to be any help to you either because you will for the rest of your life have to deal with ages of dating that are going to go well beyond the days of creation.

I remember when my son was in high school about 6 years ago he was faced with fulfilling his graduation requirements and one was biology. I knew what he would likely face in that class at one time or another, but I kept silent and just continued to pray for him that God would watch over and protect him.

Of course, I raised my son to believe the truth of the Scriptures. Reading the proverbs to him like bedtime stories when he was 5 and 6. He had also enjoyed the first seven years of his education in private christian school training because we lived in Miami and going to public school there can be dangerous. However, in the eighth grade we moved to a small community in South Carolina and his mother and I felt it was safe to put him in public school here. There weren't any particularly large christian schools in the area and I didn't want my son to grow up unable to assimilate into the general population because he went through some christian high school training of only a dozen young people. It was now time for him to begin to find out what you're finding out. Living in the world can be tough for believers, but it can be done.

Well, he came home one day during the period when they picking classes for the next school year and said to me, "Dad, my chemistry teacher asked me to take second year chemistry. He said I was one of his exceptional students last year and he really wants me to take a second year of chemistry. He also told me that if I'd agree to take the class he could get me out of my biology requirement." Now, I don't think I'd ever mentioned to him my doubts about his taking biology and here he was standing in front of me and telling me that there wasn't going to be any biology. God is good!

Well, he took the second year chem class and in about 2 months he'll be graduating with a 3.5 in computer engineering. God is very, very good!! He's bright, affable and has college friends and has gone on job interviews and will be going on many more all across the nation, but you know what? Today his faith is that of the simple faith that the Genesis creation account is a valid and true account of God's creating this realm in which we live and exist.

But it hasn't been without some bumps in the road. He has learned that he doesn't have to wear his faith like some badge of honor, but of course, his work doesn't ask him to make decisions and choices regarding the age of the physical realm in which we live. His vocation is computer engineering and he doesn't have to deal with how old everything is but just make the gosh darn computers work and be done with it.

Yes, you're right. The scriptures tell us that sexual relations between two people of the same sex is an abomination in the sight of God. Of course that is today politically correctly called 'gay'. As if the rest of us aren't having any fun with our stodgy old ideas of sex. But God asks His children to live in but apart from the world. The Scriptures do give several rules for having a slave and how to treat them. God's word asks that all people be treated with respect and that we, as believers, treat others in a more righteous manner than might be found among those of the world. Children are born with diseases and diseases often waste away the bodies of adults and that is a reality that we have to face, but blaming God for such things or denying His existence because of such things is a dangerous path. Death comes to each of us, how and when are variables that we have no control over for the most part, but we need to understand that it has little bearing on the question of 'true' or 'not true' -- there is a god?

You speak of the 'bible' as being just a book. Yes, today what we hold in our hands called the 'bible' is just a book. However, that form for God's word has only existed for several hundred years. The Scriptures started as various writings by various people. Sadly, especially today, we tend to have fairly short memories and seldom consider how things became the way they are. We just accept that the here and now is how it is and give or take a few changes in technology, is how it's always been.

Anyway, you have good questions and you need to find the answers to those questions and there's really only one person today who was alive through all those days and can therefore give you the truth with any real assurance that it is the truth because He was there.

But this is exactly why God is patient and merciful. He wants you to make an informed decision based on the truth. When we get to the final chapters of the Revelation and God does finally judge all people and takes to be with Him those who will enter into the new city Jerusalem that comes down from heaven to the earth where God will be their God and they will be His people; God wants those people to have made the choice or their own free will to love Him. He isn't going to force anyone and so you also are free to choose. But I can tell you that there is no better friend than Jesus and when you turn from God you also turn from him.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If He is real, then why does he tolerate so many bad things to happen? It doesn't make any sense at all... Why isn't He answering my prayers, why isn't He making my life any easier, why does he allow natural disasters like earthquakes and tsunamis to take place and kill thousands of people...?

Natural disasters are because the earth is cursed through the fall and because of the flood.

Why Pray?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Do you believe that Jesus was a real person, that he is not some fictitious charachter that was "made up" through some sort of conspiracy? That would be illogical, and is not very likely...First off, you have to believe that Jesus was a real person who existed and walked this earth during the time that the gospels say...

Next, Do you believe that the miraculous acts that Jesus performed were "made up" by his apostles/disciples and are part of some sort of conspiracy? That is not logical, and not very likely...

So, Jesus was a real person who performed real miracles through the power of God, the Father, and the Holy Spirit... So, how do you explain the miracles, if they were in fact "real", that alone is proof of the existence of God, or at the very least evidence of the supernatural (another realm or world where God and invisible spirits exist)

Jesus said "if you do not believe my words, then believe on account of the miracles, signs, and wonders (that I am performing)...

Also, you should pray that God personally reveal himself to you, and if you do, I believe he will answer that prayer and begin to personally show you things in your life that you will not be able to deny, and end up saying "That must have been God"... This is what happened to me.

Also, the suffering... Suffering happens because of sin, and sometimes, the innocent are made to suffer, FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS SAKE, sometimes the innocent is/are made to suffer due to another persons sinful actions, and the Bible says, that those who are persecuted or made to suffer for righteousness sake (or due to another person's sins) should jump for joy, for their "reward" is great in the heavens...

Also, God has a rather unique point of view on the "first" death, (the death of our bodies, but not the spirit within us) God see's the first death, as one returning to him, and those who are made to suffer due to another person's sins will be "great" in heaven (will get an exalted position, as a leader and teacher of others...

This is (one reason) why Jesus is the greatest in heaven, for he suffered and bore "everyones" sins, without sinning himself...

So, the child who dies of cancer is has suffered due to other's sins, so, they will be exalted (given a high position) in heaven... I wonder how many of us that make it into heaven will be being taught by babes?

Another thing, Homosexuality is a sin, and that's all I have to say about that...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Also, about "slavery", we like to think we have done away with it, but all's we've done is traded one form of slavery for another...

We've traded physical slavery for "economic" slavery... Now, to our credit, this nation does do a lot for the poor class, they provide them with opportunities to get a higher education, provide them with food stamps, so they and their families can eat, and we have Section 8 housing, and other programs, but as the gap between the poor and the rich widens and the number of rich people decreases and the number of the poor increases and the middle class disappears, things will only get worse (harder and harder for the poor class), and this continued course will lead to a bankrupt nation, and collapse of the economy and the fall of the nation (it is unsustainable...)

But what about the poor who are not as smart as someone else, and cannot make it through college because they just can't do it, these people are being discriminated against, and these people have difficulty finding work that will pay them more than minimum wage, and more than part-time status (as high paying and full-time jobs for the non-college educated begin to disappear)... So, being able to get no better than minimum wage and part-time jobs, they have to work two or three jobs, just to make ends meet, just to provide them with the basic necessities of life (food, shelter, clothing, and in this nation, transportation)

People who are not smart enough to make it through college and get a degree are oftentimes working several different jobs, working 14-16 or more scattered hours a day, and all the while having kids and trying to raise a family, even slaves in old times (in Israel) did not have it as hard as some of the poor do in today's world...

And single parent households (single parents are by themselves raising children) are on the rise, how do they work two and three jobs and not leave the children behind, when do they sleep? Even in a dual parent household, both parents usually have to work long hours to make ends meet, rarely ever does a married couple (if neither one of them is college educated) get to be a stay-at-home parent to/for the children anymore, those days are gone (for the non-college educated)

So, those with average or less than average intelligence (ability) are going to become America's slave class...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I couldnt care less if the Big bang Or whatever else is a logical responds. Its called faith, not science, and while Catholics acknowledge science, it doesnt impact how i see God Or his sacrifice for us.

I only tried to appeal to her "logical" side, because I could tell this was where she was struggling...

I believe believing in God CAN BE very logical, and DOES NOT "negate" faith...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When my antagonists used to tell me that the only reason I believe is because I'm too gullible, they weren't wrong.

I only tried to appeal to her "logical" side, because I could tell this was where she was struggling...

I believe believing in God CAN BE very logical, and DOES NOT "negate" faith...

God Bless!

She's past the "logical" way of thinking of God. I was there at her age. She's in college and she's decided that she's smarter than the people who told her about God. At 18, this is a very common occurrence. Even the Amish permit their young to go out and experience life outside of the closed community they grew up in.

You can't use logic to help someone find their way back once their own logic has told them that they were gullible to believe in the first place. You just let them go. After all, the Christian life is not just for heaven. It is a better way to live and people need to see how bad things can get without God or Christian morality to steer them.

When someone demands "proof" of God, it is best to let them discover the proof of Satan. There are plenty of people in this world who have not been taught the gospel and then walked away from it. We should devote our time to finding those people.

If you've ever read Pilgrim's Progress, you can see a lot of the character Hopeless in her. I can attest that sometimes Hopeless isn't as hopeless as he thought he was, but he has to realize that himself.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mia,who are YOU (a measly,teeny-tiny,little humanoid) to question ANY way that God does things,or allows suffering,or takes it away? If it were not for the grace shown you (with His intense suffering on the cross) you along with the rest of us would be a crispy coal for eternity. We deserved it!

Your ungratefulness screams out in your words;you simply don't know what you have. Go ahead,chase the lying gods and see where they take you.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mia,who are YOU (a measly,teeny-tiny,little humanoid) to question ANY way that God does things,or allows suffering,or takes it away? If it were not for the grace shown you (with His intense suffering on the cross) you along with the rest of us would be a crispy coal for eternity. We deserved it!

Your ungratefulness screams out in your words;you simply don't know what you have. Go ahead,chase the lying gods and see where they take you.

Well, this certainly is a reflection of the love that God has for us -- not. Have you read the parable of the self-righteous Pharisee?

Upvote 0

iplay4JC

Isa. 54:17
Nov 1, 2009
USA
✟7,782.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, this certainly is a reflection of the love that God has for us -- not. Have you read the parable of the self-righteous Pharisee?

+1.

This is a sister crying out for help because her faith is under attack. We need to rally around her and help point her to the Truth.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Hello Mia. This is certainly a heartfelt, honest post that expresses the struggle that many of us have had. I want to respond as honestly as I can...

When I was younger I too struggled with the existence of God. When he didn't answer my prayers and I saw that my life wasn't going the way that I wanted it to I rejected him and became an atheist. It took God's forgiveness, love, and mercy to make me into the Christian that I am today. This isn't the place for my story, but yours.

Most definitely the world is not perfect -- yet. It will be in the future but for now God has chosen in his infinite wisdom to not judge the earth -- yet. Because God is just he has allowed a period of time for people to choose to come to him through Jesus, the savior of humanity. There is a choice to be made between God's love and sin, and those who choose sin will some day be without God's love -- forever.

God is not going to do what you want him to do. He is not your servant. He wants you to grow in the knowledge of him and he has a plan for you to do that. You must trust him, not external circumstances. You don't have to look any farther than Jesus who, even though he was God's son and fully human, suffered in many ways. Or Paul, who also suffered in many ways, unimaginable to most of us, yet had a deep faith in God that never wavered.

The reason that evolution and the big bang theory aren't mentioned in the Bible is that they're not relevant to the message. The Bible isn't a scientific textbook; it's a collection of writings that explain the ways of God and his love for us, culminating in Jesus, who is "the way, the truth and the life". People who use scientific theory to disprove God are no different than anybody else who is trying to disprove God by other methods. If people are trying to disprove God instead of seeking him that speaks for itself. God wants us to seek him; if we don't do that then the (eternal) choice has been made.

I know that God exists because I sought him and he revealed himself to me. My prayer is that he will reveal himself to you and that your doubts, confusion, and suffering will turn into resting in God's love.

Upvote 0