Not open for further replies.

Seventh Vial

Jul 22, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A lot of it is faith. I struggled with the same thoughts. A lot of christians have different views of creation and how old the earth actually is.. Gap Theory, old earth, new earth. The fact is the bible doesn't exactly say how old the earth is. I'm a new christian although i was raised in a christian home all my life. But.. there are no condradictions in God's Word! :]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BigChrisfilm

Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Portsmouth Ohio
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey Chiefy I for one will not be telling you to "just believe". You should be open to the fact that maybe you were never saved. That is where you have to start. Do you know how to be saved? Do you know why Jesus had to die on a cross? Do you know what salvation is? These are all things that I did not know until 3 years ago. I went through 22 years of my life without anyone ever explaining these things to me. It is possible my friend that you are not saved.

2 Corinthians 13:5

" 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?"

My friend this is the most important thing you will ever do, and deserves your unabided attention. If you are not saved you will go to hell, and this is a resonable thing to have happen. Just incase you don't understand these things, I will explain them real quick.

1. You are a sinner, you have lied, stolen, lusted, and broken all of God's commandments. He has nothing left to do but punish you for the laws you have broken. He is the just judge of all the world, and can not let you off with a warning.

2. God became a man, lived 33 years, and was murdered unjustly on a cross. He was sinless man, the only one who ever existed. This is because he was God himself. The Father punished Jesus Christ on the cross for our sins. The punishment was placed on Jesus for the evil you had done. The just dying in place of the unjust. The most wonderful thing anyone will EVER do for you.

3. You must repent, pray to God and tell him you know why Jesus died. You know he died as your replacement. He died so you can be seen as blameless, because the punishment was taken from you and put on him. Ask him for forgiveness, and repent of all the evils you know you are guilty of. Don't just believe in Jesus Christ, believe ON him. Trust him, that he took your punishement and that he was able to do all things that he said he was able to do. If you repent of your sins, and believe on Jesus as your substitute your WILL BE SAVED.

You have to stay in his word, you have to talk to him ever night otherwise you will get funky. He cant' live without these things, just like a man cannot live without food and water. The word is your spiritual food. Now, if you've done these things already there could be other reasons why you are going through this, and I urge you to let us know so we can best help you. I will pray for you, and I hope to hear from you soon. Until then read the word, listen to sermons online, pray.

o_o I don't know how to explain, it just seem to be losing faith. I keep thinking "atheistic" (I know its not a word) thoughts.

"What if God wasn't real?"
"What happens if He isn't real and I die?"
"If he is real, which religion is true about Him?"
"How do we know?"
"Am I sure I'm gonna get into Heaven if He is real?"
"If He's the Christian god, then why is the Bible so mixed up?" (Contradictions, world is under 10,000 years old, etc)

among other questions. And I don't know, I guess I've been thinking more like an agnostic person lately. I truly want to believe there is a God, but how am I to know I am praising the right God? It's just a weird feeling...

So, people keep telling me to pray. I did. Nothiiiing. How am I supposed to tell if "God is talking to me"? How can I regain my faith?

(Yeah, you guys are gonna be telling me just to belieeeeve. o_o It's hard to do that and still call yourself a logical thinker is your a strict Christian that believes EVERYTHING the Bible says.)

Pray for me? :o

Upvote 0

HolyWarrior77

For we all have a Father!
Feb 21, 2009
✟8,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are two key verses that allowed me to Build my Faith in Christ and love him more and more continually each day.

I had SO MANY QUESTIONS AND DOUBTS it hit me like a TRUCK, but I fought, denied, rebuked them ALL over and over and over, and they finally left me completely.

Since then I've felt SUCH love inside and sometimes daily, It IS SO WONDERFUL! The Spirit of Peace and fruit of the spirit is VERY REAL!

Here are the two key verses that made me realize that ONLY Jesus is the true God (Father, Son, HolySpirit of course), and to build my Faith. It's so simple, you may not understand. Just trust in the Word of God. It's only when you draw close to God in Faith that he Draws close to you:

Bible - NKJV said:
John 14:6
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;

Upvote 0

Layman

Aug 3, 2009
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
o_o I don't know how to explain, it just seem to be losing faith. I keep thinking "atheistic" (I know its not a word) thoughts.

"How do we know?"
"If He's the Christian god, then why is the Bible so mixed up?" (Contradictions, world is under 10,000 years old, etc)

among other questions. And I don't know, I guess I've been thinking more like an agnostic person lately. I truly want to believe there is a God, but how am I to know I am praising the right God? It's just a weird feeling...

So, people keep telling me to pray. I did. Nothiiiing. How am I supposed to tell if "God is talking to me"? How can I regain my faith?

(Yeah, you guys are gonna be telling me just to belieeeeve. o_o It's hard to do that and still call yourself a logical thinker is your a strict Christian that believes EVERYTHING the Bible says.)

The fact that you are worried about this is to me a good sign. I have been where you are. Its a hard place to be. I am what you might call a christian skeptic, I question everything till I get an answer, We are in fact encourage to do so. My solution was (well Im a very stubborn person) To be stubborn for Christ and believe even though I had so many questions I still struggle with many, but I have learned that as long as you keep turning to him he will explain everything in time.
Remember that when its hard to see him or feel him, its not that he is far from us, we just need to turn to him.
When it comes to science and proof of his existence I found myself asking 'If God doesnt exist what force maintains all the laws of science that we hold so dear, What keeps them from falling into a vortex of chaos?'
I hope this helps, I have struggled in the past with this, your not alone. I will pray for you ;) We are all in this together.

Ps I just remembered I watched a show on steven hawking and how he has spent his whole life trying to figure out how the universe started (without God) and the jist of his theory was 'just cause'. :p

Upvote 0

NatalieJan777

Humbled before GOD
Jul 30, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
✟17,605.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

"How do we know?"

Hello Masterchiefy,

The first question I have is - How are you doing today?

I know this post is rather old, but I have read through much of what everyone has had to say. I agree with many of them that you are not alone in your questions and doubts. Without the questions and doubts being answered, we would not have faith to continue in our belief of Christ Jesus.

People say what they believe which many times doesn't help us much at all in our doubtful dispositions, because our response is always something like, "That is easy for you to say, you're not going through what I am".

Truth is, we aren't going through exactly what you are, you and GOD together are going to have to work things out. He has a plan for you. I will pray for you as others I am certain still are.

I have faith that if you continue to seek GOD that HE will answer. Sometimes we are impatient and what is really needed is to just stop putting so much pressure on ourselves and letting GOD do the work. This would be known as TRUST.

In all sincerity, does it really matter how old the earth is? Would the knowledge of that change anything other than you would be enlightened? Because honestly, I don't think anyone truly knows the answer to that Question except our creator.

I do not believe there are contradictions within the bible, it is our ability to understand what the written word is speaking to our hearts. Every step of our faith and continued study of the written word reveals something new, even if you've read scripture all your life, you could read it all again and find something new, something you somehow missed before.

Faith is a growth process and I hope you continue to seek answers to all of your questions. May GOD BLESS!

The definition of Love to me is COMPASSION AND MERCY, the same thing GOD will always have for all of HIS creation.

Upvote 0

johnd

Nov 30, 2003
God bless.
Visit site
✟9,564.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I often wondered how hard it would be to believe in God at age 13 in today's world. It was hard enough when I was 13. My father died of leukemia two years earlier, I was the eldest of four children. Searching for father figures in the world... hanging out with the thugs of the neighborhood.

Today kids are exposed to themes adults have no business being exposed to. It's almost routine to them. The things that shocked us in 1974 don't even phase youth today.

Maybe going to Church. Attending some of the youth outings and retreats. Joining a Bible study. Try the choir. You'd be amazed how getting out of the home environment and the school setting and hanging out will open yourself up to the possibilities and faith by simply changing your surroundings with faith-like surroundings.

Give it a try and see what happens.

Upvote 0

masterchiefy

Truth Seeker
May 10, 2009
A cruddy town in PA
✟7,669.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I often wondered how hard it would be to believe in God at age 13 in today's world. It was hard enough when I was 13. My father died of leukemia two years earlier, I was the eldest of four children. Searching for father figures in the world... hanging out with the thugs of the neighborhood.

Today kids are exposed to themes adults have no business being exposed to. It's almost routine to them. The things that shocked us in 1974 don't even phase youth today.

Maybe going to Church. Attending some of the youth outings and retreats. Joining a Bible study. Try the choir. You'd be amazed how getting out of the home environment and the school setting and hanging out will open yourself up to the possibilities and faith by simply changing your surroundings with faith-like surroundings.

Give it a try and see what happens.

:argh:
Sorry, mate, I'll go to church (maybe if I get the chance) but there is no way in Hell (or Heaven or Earth or whatever kind of pun you want to make out of that... ) I am going to youth groups/outings or whatever. No way, uh-uh. I don't even go to school events!
:argh:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
good for you truth seeker. most people just go along with the crowd and keep going with the crowd, led astray just as it is written in Scripture.......
in politics, in medicine, in education, in religion, in the world,
most just go on and on believing what their family or friends believe,
never coming to the knowledge of truth and life.
we were all raised with/by parents who did the best they could with what they knew, (at least hopefully),
but they didn't know it all, and if they didn't find out then they couldn't tell us, could they?

trust no one in the flesh.
Trustworthy is The One, The Creator Yhvh Elohim, in Yahshua's Grace.
He will never, ever dissappoint you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.