Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm losing faith, and I want to die. I don't even want to exist. I hate myself, and I hate this world. I feel like too many prayers are unanswered. I feel like God is hiding. I wish he never made me.
Hi; read John chapter 14 and Psalm 46. :)

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟837,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will definitely pray for you.

I felt this way many years ago. I lost my dad in a work accident. We lost the house and I was almost homeless many times. I've struggled for years to get back on my feet, but I can look back and see many times when God was there. I saw His fingerprints all over my life. And now, I'm over the grief, the pain, and the depression. I have a thriving business I was abe to start from scratch.

You can fight this and regain your will to live. You can turn around any bad situation. If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to PM me at any time.

Upvote 0

user385

Oct 8, 2016
New York City
✟36,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have said a prayer for you. Jesus Christ loves you perfectly. I would focus on the power and glory of Jesus Christ during this time. I enjoy reading Colossians and the book of Revelation. There is a lot that Christians living at this period of time have to endure. Talking with a pastor might help a lot. Usually when I talk with friends I feel much better. I prayed that Jesus Christ would comfort you. Love to you in The Name of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, I want so say that I'm praying for you!

Second of all, I think most of us have been at such a place one time or another in our lives. I know I have but when I got some perspective on my struggle, I realized how much good God had done for me. It might feel that He has abandonded you but that is what the adversary wants us to feel, God will never turn away from us!

• Agree
Reactions: carolcole
Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear things arent going good but it sounds like you should phone someone local if your feeling depressed like that, like lifeline or someone trained for when your sad. It's important not to go it alone. Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: carolcole
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I'm losing faith, and I want to die. I don't even want to exist. I hate myself, and I hate this world. I feel like too many prayers are unanswered. I feel like God is hiding. I wish he never made me.

Hello :)

What is happening for you to feel this way?

My prayers to you

Upvote 0

carolcole

Mar 4, 2017
ky
✟7,961.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matt 18:19,20. You can see here there are more than two or three willing to pray for you. This tells you that what ever it is that is making you feel like this our Lord hears the prayers being made on your behalf. Have you ever saw someone in church raise their hand during a worship service as toward the roof of the church? Maybe even wave their hand in the air? Do you know why they do this? There is a painting by Michelangelo called the creation of Adam. In this painting it shows Adam reaching up to touch the hand of God. Then of course God is reaching down to touch the hand of Adam. This is what people are doing without knowing it many times. They are really reaching up to touch the hand of God. One day God reached way down in the pits of hell and dragged me a sinner out of the pits of hell into HIS arms and I knew that day HE would never leave me nor forsake me. Only I could let go of HIM he would never let go of me. John 6:39 (KJV) And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. Now you can see according to the scriptures. He will hear your prayers, He will never forsake you. Only you can stop serving HIM. He will never leave you. Trust, pray, believe, be patient, read your Bible everyday, don't give up, never let satan win only you can decide if satan is to win. Just remember there would angels with tears in their eyes should you decide to leave the Lord. Praying for you. Really praying for you.

Upvote 0
Mar 13, 2017
Eastbourne,England
✟15,905.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi; read John chapter 14 and Psalm 46. :)[/QUOTE

It seems like life is utterly overwhelming for you right now and that you are experiencing hard things. Praying that in your pain today you may know God's comfort and help. Can I ask why you're feeling this way?
Psalm 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2017
Birmingham Alabama
✟8,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Me too. Not at this exact moment, but just the other day. I'll be gone soon enough. Life has flown by and I've done so little. Had big dreams once upon a time, a powerful work ethic, total dedication, a significant capacity to endure through very tough times. I was all prepared to make a big splash for The One who saved me in the nick of time.
It wasn't all for selfish and egotistical reasons, honestly. What I wanted the most and still do, I still do, is to convince others, anyone, you, how deeply, how purely, how beautifully he loves us, how exquisite He is. If only people would reach out to Him and find Him.

Upvote 0
Mar 13, 2017
Eastbourne,England
✟15,905.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i am just climbing out of the deepest darkest pit. In my despair I had no one else to cling onto but the Lord. Even though the trial i have been through was unspeakable, i found that when everything was stripped away, God was there. When the mountains fell into the heart of the sea, he was my refuge and strength and He helped me in my trouble. I pray that this will be your experience too... cling onto him today because he won't let you down. We may lose stuff as I have, but God had to show me that he was enough, and rather than it compounding my hurt, I found submitting to him of great help and security.
I pray that you look up, not down... the waves threaten to engulf but Peter looked up and walked in water.
Heartfelt prayers today. ❤️

Upvote 0

LilShepherdBoy

Seek First the Kingdom of God & His Righteousness
Jun 15, 2015
Physically here but mentally with God.
✟43,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You're going through a time of testing Jesus spoke of in Revelation 2:10. It's a period of chastening and a test of your faith. Many Christians went through this period of great tribulation before finding God when He sends the holy spirit to rescue them and begin a real relationship. You don't know it yet but you will someday but God has chosen you to have the holy spirit. (John 6:44). Once you pass the test, God will send the holy spirit upon you and Jesus will personally shepherd you the rest of your life. But you must pass the test. It's what the devil is there to do, make you deny God and lose faith. Read the book of Job in your bible. Job's life was an example of this test many Christians must go through before finding God. It'll give you hope and inspiration.

Job 1 NKJV;ERV - Job and His Family in Uz - There was a - Bible Gateway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry you feel this way.
Please seek someone to whom you can talk with and share your problems.
Sometimes life is difficult and we need people to talk to, to share with who will listen to us.
Sometimes lifes problems are too much to carry so please seek help.

There are No easy answers for when life kicks you in the teeth.
But you have a choice, you can trust God, even though it is very hard, or you can reject God and have no hope.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your not the first:

Why then have You brought me out of the womb? Would that I had died and no eye had seen me! 19'I should have been as though I had not been, Carried from womb to tomb.’…(Job 10:18-19)​

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps God is hidden, but so are we. The scriptures say that our life is hidden with Christ in God, in heaven. So we walk by faith not sight. In other words, we don't look at the things we see on earth, but instead the things that will be, in heaven. I hope these scriptures will bless you.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Upvote 0