Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's no good. After the way people have treated me in our church, i am utterly disillusioned. I was so full of enthusiasm. They quietly slapped me down.
Now i carry on going there but just going through the motions. I feel empty.
At home and personally i have faith in Jesus Christ. I pray lots. But i am no longer interested in reading my christian books. The fervour and glow has gone. I've stopped reading my bible.
Please someone help me. What can i do? I so wanted to grow and do things to bring souls to Christ. My strength has gone.
I am seriously in danger of losing faith altogether. All i feel is disappointment and quiet anger - against those people who did this to me.

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don’t lose faith in God, Lilly! He’s not responsible for the bad behavior of His children. He still loves you very much.

I Know that God will give you the grace to choose to forgive the people in your church who have wronged you. And I pray that they’ll see that they have sinned and repent.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's no good. After the way people have treated me in our church, i am utterly disillusioned. I was so full of enthusiasm. They quietly slapped me down.
At home and personally i have faith in Jesus Christ. I pray lots. But i am no longer interested in reading my christian books. The fervour and glow has gone. I've stopped reading my bible.
Please someone help me. What can i do? I so wanted to grow and do things to bring souls to Christ. My strength has gone.
I am seriously in danger of losing faith altogether. All i feel is disappointment and quiet anger - against those people who did this to me.

Everyone in this life will let you down and disappoint you. The Lord Jesus Christ is The Only One who will Never leave you or forsake you.

Give the situation to The Lord Jesus Christ.

Here are some videos to check out:

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lilly, your faith can't be in people. It has to be in God. Jesus warned people--even family--will betray you. You can't look to people. You have to look to and trust God--even when it hurts. The visible church has many fake Christians as well as real Christians (Jesus warned us about that, too). If you feel that church is weakening you that badly, leave it and find one that can help you grow and spend time with God focusing on His Word in lieu of going to church until God brings you to a new place.

If my faith had been based on the church I went to, I never would have been woken up by God in the first place. I thank God that He is much greater than the physical representation of a church here in this world!

Try listening to the Bible while you sleep. Try listening during the day when you can on headphones. Reading Christian books isn't important. The Word of God is. Jesus said His Words are Spirit and they are life. God said His Word will never return void; but will accomplish all that He sent His Word forth to do. God said faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. God told Jeremiah that He is watching over His Word to perform it. There is truly power in God's Word. Focus on getting that into you!

Fellowship is so important. Find others to talk to and share testimonies of what God is doing in you and through you and listen to theirs. Church wasn't limited to a building in the early church and it doesn't have to be now. Where two or more are gathered, Jesus is still there!!!!! Yay, God!

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Sorry to hear you were mistreated ... but please be reminded ... it was the people who slapped you down, not God. This happed to me within a bible study group. I stopped attending the bible study and now study in-depth on my own ... staying in Gods word is important. Also study biblical history, archeology. cultures etc. Forgive them and get back into loving the Lord.

May the Lord help you to forgive them and return fully to Him. Amen

God Bless.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Talk to your minister about how you have been treated and ask about areas where you can serve.

If you have been full of noisy enthusiasm and your church is made up of staid elderly people it might be time to find a church of like minded people.

Do talk to your minister.

• Prayers
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was never noisy nor did anything to disrupt. But i had small humble genuine dreams to do things. They ignored and stopped me.
Now i don't want to try any more.
In fact i don't want to go there. Worse still i have stopped reading my christian books. The words do not have meaning for me any longer. Not even my bible.
I know i am in trouble but i have nobody to turn to. The glow has gone.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can turn to the people here and more important you can turn to God. We can't look to a certain group of people for fulfillment of our dreams. I think you should pour out your heart to God and let him know how upset you are and ask him to come into this place of pain so that you may be healed. I pray that you grow closer to him and draw near to him at this time.

Upvote 0

Rubricnigel

Oct 17, 2018
Midwest
✟19,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I read the ScrewTape letters by C.S. Lewis, and something stuck with me.
In the book the demon was telling the other Demon that Humanity's faith is like the ebb and flow of the tides, sometimes we are so full of the spirit, other times we arent.

I feel that analogy is good for all aspects of a persons life. Sometimes we are heavily into something, say music, then it fades, comes back again.

Faith, to me is like that. Sometimes im overflowing with the spirit, other times i feel all alone. I dont have an answer but to say, the ebb and flow will continue until the end. Ups and downs, but theres always another up.
Lord have Mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

You have learned an important lesson. Praise God!

There is a great big difference between God and humans, especially religious ones.

Throw your 'christian' books in the trash. For the most part they are intended to promote a 'ministry' not the Kingdom of Heaven.

Read your Bible. Get into it deeply.

Dump the church. Find another congregation. Find another preacher.

You may protest to the pastor of the offending church, but I'd bet you twenty dollars he'd defend it in devious ways (such as laying a guilt trip on you) rather than engage a program of correction of the congregation. Pastors of churches are more interested in donations than discipleship, therefore they are loath to lean too heavily on corrective sermons, teachings and private conversations with persons who are offensive to others.

For instance, when was the last time you heard a fiery sermon about repentance? When was the last time you heard a heavy sermon on the Law, the efficacy of bearing one's cross no matter what the personal cost or the absolute necessity of being an example of Christ to other persons?

The church today is in decline because building character is NOT what the church is about. It's about real estate development and the promotion of pledges and tithes - regardless of the fact the NT doesn't mention such a requirement of gentile believers.

Seek the Kingdom of Heaven in all things, especially with regard to finding a godly congregation and a pastor after God's own heart (a rare bird these days).

Do not give up on God, but remember this great lesson - that God and humans are NOT the same thing. Give God credit for having his own mind. Be realistic in understanding that people have imperfections - especially Christians because they aren't taught any different.

Christians generally rise to the challenge of holiness if properly encouraged. Unfortunately there are more snake oil salesmen in the clothing of leadership than sheep.

Be wise. Be true to your calling. Bear your burden, but understand that God will have mercy. Wait on Him and you will never be disappointed. Place your faith in man and you will always be disappointed.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Upvote 0

catcher2000

Nov 6, 2018
Sacramento
✟17,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Lilly,

I'd love to hear if some of the responses people have shared have landed in a healing manner. Seems like people here are reaching out to you with empathy and compassion and want to give you hope - things that others at your church maybe didn't.

I'd like to hear how you are doing now as you are on my heart as well. Wondering if you are still around CF.

Blessings!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was never noisy nor did anything to disrupt. But i had small humble genuine dreams to do things. They ignored and stopped me.
Now i don't want to try any more.
In fact i don't want to go there. Worse still i have stopped reading my christian books. The words do not have meaning for me any longer. Not even my bible.
I know i am in trouble but i have nobody to turn to. The glow has gone.

How do you feel about going to a different church then?

Upvote 0