• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

losing faith in Jesus

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I cant focus on Jesus. My mind has many disbeliefs.

I just can't understand the belief system. I cant understand why we do certain things. why God send Jesus? Why He did not forgive us without sacrifice? why He created us? why we suffer because of Adam's and Eve's sin?

why I think that Jesus said to believe without seeing?

there are many religions and books probably. everyone claim they have the right religion? why should I think Christianity is the right one? so many people have other religions because they were born in other countries. what about those people?

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I just can't understand the belief system. I cant understand why we do certain things. why God send Jesus? Why He did not forgive us without sacrifice? why He created us? why we suffer because of Adam's and Eve's sin?

there are many religions and books probably. everyone claim they have the right religion? why should I think Christianity is the right one? so many people have other religions because they were born in other countries. what about those people?
He can forgive us without sacrifice but there needs to be a change in us first, that's why the Lord Christ Pantokrator talked about "being born again".

There could be one million different religions but all of them miss the Person of Jesus Christ as the Savior of men.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Do you think that criminals should go unpunished? Should murderers be allowed to keep on killing, thieves stealing or vandals destroying? Should someone be able to hack your computer and empty your bank account without consequences? Now God is judge of everything. His standard of perfection is infinitely higher than yours. God sees into the heart of man, not just his actions. No one meets God's standard. Not even one person. There are consequences for disobeying God and it is far more than just a prison sentence.

The reason that humanity is flawed goes back to Adam and Eve. They disobeyed God and became sinners. They had the nature of sin and that was passed on the whole human race. Man was separated from God and blind to God. You know about that because you cannot see what Christianity is about. You are blind.

In a just society, criminals are punished according to the crime. We see what happens when that goes wrong. A Muslim terrorist was let out of prison early and proceeded to kill two people. God won't let that happen. At the same time, God is merciful, loving and gracious. He does not want to send people to hell. So we have a conflict. God must punish sin. He wants to forgive sin. How is God going to do the impossible?

This is why Jesus came. He came to earth to be a Man, not God. Jesus came to live the perfect life that God demands of the human race. When Jesus had lived the perfect life, He offered to take our place and be punished on our behalf. If you want to know how much God hates sin, look at Jesus on the cross. If you want to know how much God loves you, look at Jesus on the cross. Jesus died in your place.

We said that all people have a nature that is sinful. Being forgiven is good, but God requires more than that. His love means that He wants to set us free from the sinful nature. Jesus rose again from the dead so that we could receive a new nature. That is what it means to be born again.

All religion consists of a set of rules to follow. There is usually a book of rules and a dead founder. Religion, even with a Christian set of rules, cannot change the nature of man. Even if people are better behaved, it is of no consequence in eternity.

The Way - Christian Life Frankston That link will help you understand what I mean.

Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ocd can makes you have doubt. But trust me jesus is only hope now and forever for us. Always remind yourself that jesus is truth.
Watch alot of testimonies and remind yourself. Did you ever pray something and you got it. That jesus.
sorry for my bad english.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,381.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I suppose you want an answer to the question of why God didn't make this simpler. Being omnipotent and all, why go through all this mess?

Well, it is easy to ask questions that assume validity to our concepts. The truth is that omnipotence does not mean that God can do logical contradictions --for eg, he cannot both be and not be.

I don't know how to present the depth of sin to the human mind. It is the one thing that can actually hurt God, yet through the use and defeat of it (some have even gone so far as to intimate that God actually risked danger to himself and introduced chaos and chance) he has made a way for the otherwise impossible --the creation of a people like himself, to eternally know and love and live with him.

Sin is cosmic treason, the capitulation of fact. To sin is to declare independence from God, and to describe him irrelevant or non-existent. I have wondered that God should be able to create something other than himself at all; but that that thing should be able to rebel against its creator is beyond me to understand. Yet here we are, and so we do continually.

I hope you begin the see the one thing that God in his omnipotence has both made a way for, and by it has been infinitely wounded, and yet has all along had under total control, which was for our sake because he chose to make us for himself to love us, and to glorify him eternally.

Upvote 0

Cclun

cclun
Mar 19, 2019
OH
✟9,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God opens the eyes and ears of those who want to find him. If you want to know Him, start reading the scripture and go visit a local bible believing church to learn more about Him. You asked many questions that cannot simply be answered in one simple text. But God has made It simple even a child can believe. All I can say is that there is a Creator God who from the beginning of time planned to redeem mankind by sending his one and only Son to die for our sins, so that we can have eternal future with Him. He loves because HE IS LOVE.

Upvote 0