• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lord's hand in your life

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by visionary, Jan 13, 2018 at 5:40 AM.

1. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+4,845
    Messianic
    One of the joys of knowing the Lord is the loving care He provides in your life. It is these moments that confirm that He loves you. This thread is dedicated to testimonies of these moments.

Recently I had to made a journey from Minot ND to Alabama. It is about a 1700 mile journey. The vehicle is a 2004 Grand Marquis which has seen better days. One of the many problems with the vehicle include worn tires, a water slow leak that can not be found, some strange knocking sound that is not from the engine, and a broken window. With little funds, black ice, winds, snowy conditions and not all on the same piece of road or at the same time, throughout the journey my granddaughter and I travelled. Because of the road conditions and granddaughter coming down with bronchitis, I drove the whole way. The idea of shift driving was out. Instead of three days, it was a five day journey. It was probably better this way, since she was not use to there kind of road conditions. Let's say she was under the weather in more ways than one.

We made it without incident. Then the water pump blew so hard it took out the serpentine belt. To me, this is the Lord's hand taking care of us on this journey. I love Him. He is so good to me.

Do you have a time when the Lord's wing was over you?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 6:12 AM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  2. Open Heart

Open Heart Messianic Jewish Catholic

+3,461
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    I don't want to go into a long post, but the times I have most clearly sensed the presence of God have been at the bottom, when things have been the most painful, when I have screamed at God "Why" and he has not told me, but I have gotten tired of being angry, and a great peace comes over me.

Psalm 139:8 If I make my bed in hell, you are there.

I've let go of the need to know why
    For you know better than I

3. visionary

visionary Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I. Supporter

+4,845
    Messianic
    Amazing how few have a day to day experience of God or how little they have to share of Him in their daily lives. It could be as simple as timing of events, timing of two getting together, timing of conversations that come up, timing of answers to prayer... etc.

Threads after threads of theological arguments from heaven to earth, politics to religion and their mix, from ancestry, histories, languages, translations, etc, but getting real with Him and sharing that.... all I hear is crickets.