Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Both years I've been on the March for Life, the Mass in the hotel used the hymn, and they just did it at Daily Mass a few days ago. It's a song I've really come to appreciate, as it comes to mind all the time when I need joy. It reminds me a lot of our call to joy, seeing a journey with Christ as a dance. It makes a lot of sense, when you think of Christ as a lover, and the times we stumble when we don't let Him lead. Also, no matter how much I stumble, the dance goes on, and God really reminds me through this song that all the sadder parts of life, all the parts I think I screwed up, all the parts I don't understand, really don't matter when I let myself get whisked away again, back into the joy of the Dance.

I think it's a rather strong answer to my prayer of how to escape the impending sadness of Valentine's Day. My life has been filled with such joy, since I started turning so much more to God's mercy, and as He keeps this song playing in my head when I start to lose sight of my call to Joy. I can't date, because I'm looking at transferring, and the girl I was sweetly rejected by last year has been acting extra friendly to me lately, and I feel like I've led her on a little, but now I'm being shifted to over to taking another friend (Christa) ice skating, where she's too inexperienced to skate on her own, so she holds onto my arm...it's a bit of a confusing situation if I take it on it's own, but when I think of it as a dance, where Jesus has me change partners, that's when I see how it all falls into place with God's will! I don't understand how it all works, but my understanding of it doesn't matter; God's in charge, so I can have joy as long as I remember that, always praying for whoever he has me dance with next (because He's really in charge, so I may as well hand everyone over to Him!).

Even now, looking back on this post, unsure of if I said anything right, if I explained anything or accidentally explained them in ways that don't illustrate what's actually happening, it's all part of the Dance, and the Dance goes on!

I love God.:priest: