Lord Jesus Saves Sinners...But Who are They?

newton3005

Jun 29, 2019
newburgh
✟115,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no disputing that Jesus saves sinners. John 3:16-17 opens that up by saying “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”

Those who never believed in God have sinned already, as do those who do not know of God.
Psalms 51:5 says, “Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.” Not that the act which brought the conception was sinful, rather, those who are born already have sin in them through hereditary means dating back to the original sin of Adam and Eve.

So, we are all born sinners, and it is through Jesus that we are saved. The 600 some-odd Laws that God laid on the Hebrews was not enough for them to turn away from sinning, and as far as the others are concerned, God intends for them to be a product of the Heavens declaring their glory. Lord Jesus was here in body, and he is here in spirit, to save both peoples. As it says in Galatians 3:28-29, “There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.”

The Parable of The Lost Sheep in Luke 15:1-7 infers that those who have gone astray from God and come back into the fold will be received with much joy, even fawned over more than others. What of those who were never in the fold to begin with? Inasmuch as James 5:20 says “Let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins,” the reward for those may also be greater than for those who, if they exist, need no repentance. Romans 3:23 makes it clear that ALL have sinned.

Lord Jesus is the way to God, whatever the degrees or manners of your sins.