Looters ransack Target store

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,452.00
Faith
Christian
It almost seems like a regular thing in the US - people start with a protest, and it just ends up with people looting stores for TVs.

No sympathy for them. Call in the army if that's what it takes. At the end of the day not only are these people stupid criminals but they're taking away from the real reason behind the protest.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It almost seems like a regular thing in the US - people start with a protest, and it just ends up with people looting stores for TVs.

That, and burning buildings down.

Among other things, it pushes the rights and wrongs of the original triggering event far into the background. And it reinforces the perceived need to make law enforcement in these suburbs even tougher.

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟673,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eric July (who I'm a big fan of) posted a video about it...and he makes a lot of great points.

I'm really glad you posted this. It shows that it is really the outliers that get all the press. Everyone will be watching the riots and thinking that is how most blacks feel. How much more effective is a reasonable response that we can all get behind. Pretty much everyone thinks what happened to George Floyd was a terrible crime, let's keep our focus on that and make some changes, not muddy the issue with distracting riots, that separate people further.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Material things can be replaced but lives cannot. Furthermore people have set things on fire over sports so is this really all that outrageous?

Yes, looting and arson are outrageous.

And lives have been lost in the riots as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, looting and arson are outrageous.

And lives have been lost in the riots as well.
Is it? More outrageous than the number of black lives lost?
EZJ5dM2X0AA3sPX

I have not heard of any deaths in the protests so where are you getting this information from.

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟230,452.00
Faith
Christian
That, and burning buildings down.

Among other things, it pushes the rights and wrongs of the original triggering event far into the background. And it reinforces the perceived need to make law enforcement in these suburbs even tougher.

Absolutely. The rioting and general stupidity mustn't be allowed to overshadow the fact that police killed a man who was already on the ground. And it's not the first time either.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, now they've set a police station on fire.

That escalated quickly.

TBH, I’m surprised it took this long and I’ve wondered why folks would go after retail establishments instead of police facilities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
TBH, I’m surprised it took this long and I’ve wondered why folks would go after retail establishments instead of police facilities.
Apparently that particular Target contracts with the Minneapolis Police Department and earlier that day when protesters were trying to come in to get milk for the tear gas they locked their doors.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Material things can be replaced but lives cannot. Furthermore people have set things on fire over sports so is this really all that outrageous?

Talk about a red herring.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely. The rioting and general stupidity mustn't be allowed to overshadow the fact that police killed a man who was already on the ground.

And I'd like to know exactly what happened. It certainly wasn't correct police procedure, and so the policemen losing their jobs was obviously justified.

But was it more than that? Was George Floyd on drugs, as has been claimed? If so, which drugs? Was this an unfortunate outcome after a lengthy struggle to restrain him, or was it a crime? What's the "other evidence" that the Hennepin County Attorney was talking about? What was the sequence of events that took place before the video that everybody has seen? Did George Floyd actually resist arrest at all, or did he comply with police instructions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0