Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...It seems like chasing God as been a big waste of time. I have spent 30 years chasing God and i am not better of for it. ... ...When I go to Church I just don't want to be there, seems pointless and not helpful, when I read my bible & pray seems pointless and not helpful. ...

What do you really expect from God? Why are you chasing Him?

'For in him we live, and move, and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, …

Acts 17:28

…everyone who loves is born of God, and knows God. He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:7-8

Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, I don't understand the concept of "chasing God". It sounds like someone running around behind him screaming, "Love me! Love me!" I can see how that would get old after a while, especially when the perception is there has been no response.

Might be a really good thing to get to the point where chasing God around seems pointless because it is. He actually hasn't moved anywhere. Sometimes the concept of the gospel is confused. In a nutshell, God creates man. Man sins creating a separation from God that a sinless man has to cross to reconcile man back to God. Problem 1, there are no sinless men. Problem 2, no man, only God, is actually able to close the gap between man and God. Solution, God sends His Son as a man to present Himself as the sacrifice we need as both the necessary sinless man and as the God able to present man back to God, closing the gap. Now the Father tells man that the Son has closed the gap between man and God and we can again approach the throne only through the right-standing of the Son, now both God and man. Now, we men are able to reject ourselves and accept the right-standing of the Son as our one and only bridge to the Father and His Throne. No chasing involved. God has remained quite stationary this whole time.

The big question really is that when we are honest and ask ourselves when we die we know we will be with the Father because {answer} and then answer with anything other than, or in addition to, our complete trust in what the Son has done on our behalf, then we know we aren't actually within the true Christian faith.

I do understand getting over the forums for a while. I've actually been around here off and on for the better part of 10 years (maybe more). The last time I came back, I started with a fresh name to just sort of shake off the old conversations and start again anew. So, taking breaks is something I agree are useful and necessary from time to time.
I wanted to address one part of your post that bothered me. It was the idea that someone asking God to "Love me! Love me!" might be annoying to God. I don't believe God can be annoyed by people wanting more of Him. It may sadden Him, but I don't think annoys Him if we are insecure.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0