Looking to start a Bible Study group in Columbus Ohio (I can also reach out to you online)

Would you be interested in the Online Bible Studies or the In Person Bible Studies?

• Online Please

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • In Person Please

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure, I need more information

• Maybe Online in the future

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe in Person in the future

• Total voters
May 2, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As a man that has been a Christian for as long as I can remember, it's always just never been a choice to not believe in what the bible teaches me. I have recently strengthened my faith 100 fold and have really started seeking out the answers given to me in the bible. I would like to share the secrets of life that many non-Christians would hide from you. I will not be happy unless I can help save as many people as possible, because we all deserve one more chance at life.

Many people are confused on what is in the bible because false Christians sometimes tend twist the words of the bible. In these bible studies you will get only Gods word. You will not be persecuted in this group, instead you will come as you are, and feel safe while learning.

If you are seeking religious guidance, I already have some scriptures organized to help you strengthen your faith or learn what Christianity is for the first time. No one will be rejected from God's teachings.

If you have questions about life, Christianity, or the bible itself; let me put your mind at ease as I confirm for you that you have great power over your life with Jesus. Jesus will save you if you just let him into your life.

If even 1 person responds to this thread we will start the study group every Saturday in honor of the Sabbath (Sunday is not the real Sabbath).

In person bible studies will be every Saturday in the Shepard Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library from 2:30-3:30PM EST (although some weeks may run late depending on the lessons).

If you would like to do bible studies online, they will start at 5:00PM EST, and will run for approximately the same amount of time as the in person studies. If you would like to join up for this one it would likely be a youtube stream which will have voice chat for those that have questions about the studies. You can contact me and we will get voice chat set up together. The youtube stream would be on my normal youtube gaming channel. Just go to youtube and search out Lucas Sleasman and you will find me there.

So let me know if you have any questions in this forum, and I will post an update within the forum as soon as we have either the in person studies, or the online studies started.

If you would like I can also reach out to you personally if you don't have time for bible study.

Last edited:
May 2, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi; good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

Bible study is so important and daily prayerful Bible reading is so valuable.

So with your Biblical familiarity, what do you make of John chapter 3? The Lord Jesus says: "Ye must be born again".
Oh boy so this is actually kind of a loaded question. I'm not sure if you intended it that way or not. Ye must be born again is a process that involves many steps. To be born again you must start by letting Jesus into your heart. Once he is in your heart you must tell him your sins. When you tell him your sins, you must repent your sins which means to show him that you are sorry. If you don't know all of your sins (which many people don't) you must read your bible to identify your sins. Now comes the most important part. You must turn your back on all of your sins. Once you reach this stage in your salvation it is important that you no longer willfully sin because your eternal life can just as easily be taken away if you continue to defy God and his teaching. Only when you complete all these steps can you truly be saved.

To further show your faith you should also pray and read the bible daily so you make sure that you tell Jesus all of your sins.

John 3:16 KJV

For god so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not parish, but have everlasting life.

Believe in Jesus and after your death you will experience eternal life.

To answer your question about it, I feel Jesus walk with me every day of my life now that I have finally let him into my every day life. My burdens are no longer heavy, and I feel like I can almost understand how awesome eternal life is with God.

Upvote 0
May 2, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So starting on Saturday May 6th around 5:00 PM EST I will start broadcasting a bible study program every week. The length of the first video will depend on how long my voice holds out (I have a cold currently). The program will start out helping people identify their sins and learning how they can be saved. From there the program will get more specific to help people fill in the gaps. The studies I will include will be mostly linear, but if anyone has questions about them, I may insert videos between weeks to help with your questions.

Nothing you do in this world can be reduced down to one word or one phrase, but if you work on your problems one step at a time you will find a solution. I will ask for only an hour each week, and I will help you find Jesus. When you find Jesus he will help you become happier than you have ever imagined. You just need to make sure that what you are doing does not go against what Jesus wants for you.

Oh yes, as I said before just search out Lucas Sleasman on youtube and you will find my channel. Just wait on the home screen to find out when I go live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 2, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
✟15,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last week we found out about how Jesus saves. This coming Saturday at 5:00 PM EST we will be learning about our sins. This week will be only about identifying your sins so you can avoid them. If you would like help learning how to avoid your sins, I can make a video on a later date to help you avoid your sins. Until then just remember if you truly repent and pray to God and to Jesus, they will give you help to avoid your sins without question. You just need to make sure you are ready to accept their response to you.

Upvote 0

Viktooor

Sep 21, 2019
Cake Town
✟16,007.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This weeks Bible Study stream has ended. This series will actually end after the 2nd week. I'm not quite ready to lead a Christian study group yet. There could be hope for the future.

What about now?
I'm in search for an online bible study group. Nothing big, maybe picking a reading plan (e.g. bible in one year) and talking about the verses, their meanings and connecting them to our day to day (or former) lives.
Also I'm open to a more private group, connected by Skype, Wire etc.
What do you say?

Upvote 0