Miami
✟9,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are looking to buy a car for our daughter for her 18th birthday. We want to buy a car that she will be very safe in but is also very reliable and will last a long time. Anybody have any recommendations on safe cars that are good for teenager drivers?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband and I are looking to buy a car for our daughter for her 18th birthday. We want to buy a car that she will be very safe in but is also very reliable and will last a long time. Anybody have any recommendations on safe cars that are good for teenager drivers?

A Subaru for the higher price and a lincoln town car on the lower price end.
Another poster said it had gone 450 thousand miles.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is not what you put your child into that makes for good ,
but what is put into the child that is (eternally) important.

:)

Raise up a child in the way they should go (train them good),
and
when they are older they will not depart far from it.

Every good gift is from above .... Watch (TRUST) the Father in heaven to see if He means this ! ............................ could mean a car ?

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had very good luck Honda Accord and with Nissan Maxima. As far as safety, I don't know the safest vehicles that are made. I've heard Volvos are safe.

This last spring I traded in a Honda Accord with 240,000 miles and it was still running very well. Then in June I sold a Nissan Maxima with 380,000 miles, still running but had an oil leak. I had also previously owned a Nissan Maxima with over 300,000 miles that was still running at the time I stopped driving it due to damage caused by an accident.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've had very good luck Honda Accord and with Nissan Maxima. As far as safety, I don't know the safest vehicles that are made. I've heard Volvos are safe.

This last spring I traded in a Honda Accord with 240,000 miles and it was still running very well. Then in June I sold a Nissan Maxima with 380,000 miles, still running but had an oil leak. I had also previously owned a Nissan Maxima with over 300,000 miles that was still running at the time I stopped driving it due to damage caused by an accident.
Volvos are sometimes referred to as tanks (because of the big fenders they used to have!)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Both my kids started in good used SUVs with 4 wheel drive (a Dodge Dakota and a Chevy Trailblazer). I wanted them to survive any crashes they may have gotten into ( each only had one small rear end accident that all cars involved in drove away from). I also live in snow and work nights so I wanted them to be able to drive out of any ditches they found themselves into thanks to slippery roads. Neither needed this feature but I suspect the heavy 4 wheel drive vehicles helped prevent this in the first place.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Something huge like a 1970’s Cadillac or Lincoln Continental. They’re like a tank and if the new little Japanese cars hit it they will crumble like a piece of paper. Good old fashioned American steel is no match for Japanese plastic!! Lol No seriously if you want reliability Toyota is the way to go. I have a 2006 Scion TC which is a very nice little car and extremely reliable. I have 200,000 miles on it any only replaced an alternator and catalytic converter. It has never given me any trouble and I’m an aggressive driver. It still runs perfectly and everything on it works perfectly. I believe Toyota stopped making Scion recently so if your looking to buy brand new then probably Camry or perhaps one of their other sedans but if your looking to buy slightly used I’m sure you can still find Scion TCs with very low mileage for a reasonable price. Steer clear of Ford, Nissan, Mazda, and Honda. Their reliability is a bit low. Mitsubishi is ok but honestly Toyota is the best as far as reliability. Of course Toyota will cost a little more but it’s worth it because your buying a quality vehicle not a cheap one that will leave you on the side of the road with a huge towing and mechanic bill.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

You could not do better than a Honda Civic. I traded mine on a Honda CR-V. The Civic was 17 years old and had 350,000 on it and was still purring like a kitten.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums