Zebbug
✟16,448.00
Country
Malta
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, I am currently not following/going to any church but I am thinking about attending a Bible Baptist Church. Can you please send me some information to read about the Baptist Church in general such as believes. I believe alot in the Bible so I think it will be a plus. Also if you have any good books that you can recommend please let me know. I just want this information as an extra as I do plan to visit the Church and see things/ask questions in person. Thank you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings!

I'm not currently Baptist, but I have been a member of Baptist churches in the past, and I can tell you that as a rule they tend to be fairly well grounded in the word, and so they are certainly a good place to start.

This wiki looks like a fairly well balanced analysis of typical Baptist beliefs:
Baptist beliefs - Wikipedia

Reactions: FaithElton
Upvote 0

FaithElton

Jun 22, 2017
Zebbug
✟16,448.00
Country
Malta
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings!

I'm not currently Baptist, but I have been a member of Baptist churches in the past, and I can tell you that as a rule they tend to be fairly well grounded in the word, and so they are certainly a good place to start.

This wiki looks like a fairly well balanced analysis of typical Baptist beliefs:
Baptist beliefs - Wikipedia
Thank you :) Glad to hear that.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
"Bible Baptist Church" sounds like it's just the name of the local congregation, as in "Calvary Baptist Church" or "First Baptist Church." There's no Bible Baptist Church or convention (denomination) like there is the Southern Baptist Convention, the American Baptist Churches, etc.

Baptist churches in general have a reputation for faithfulness to the Bible and of preaching from the Bible, so the name you mentioned may not mean much one way or the other. However, you should be able to find out from the phone book or the churches' online webpages what convention, if any, the Baptist congregations that are near to your home belong to. Then you can look up their beliefs, etc. in any directory or on the national convention's website.

• Friendly
Reactions: FaithElton
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you both for your help. On the website it says its an Independent Christian Church so I guess they don't belong to any convention.
Apparently so, but that isn't a setback. It just means that you cannot judge the congregation's beliefs by what the national church stands for--which isn't always a foolproof guide, either.

However, you cannot make an informed decision without visiting a congregation you're interested in, listening closely to what the prayers, the sermon, etc. are teaching, and (I would also recommend) picking up whatever literature is in the lobby or wherever for perusal later. So this would be the next step whether or not Bible Baptist Church turned out to be affiliated with some larger convention.

If you have only a few congregations under consideration as possible choices for a home church, doing this should give you pretty good bearings and then you can speak to the pastor about any remaining questions.

Of course, all of this is based upon the idea that Baptists are Bible-centered, which is something you were looking for. There are plenty of other denominations that are solidly Bible-oriented, too, and maybe it would be a good idea not to dismiss them from your investigation too quickly.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, I am currently not following/going to any church but I am thinking about attending a Bible Baptist Church. Can you please send me some information to read about the Baptist Church in general such as believes. I believe alot in the Bible so I think it will be a plus. Also if you have any good books that you can recommend please let me know. I just want this information as an extra as I do plan to visit the Church and see things/ask questions in person. Thank you.

I don't know if that a Southern Baptist Church or not. If it is go to www.sbc.net and look under resources for the Baptist Faith and Message and it will tell you something about what they have traditionally believed. Keep in mind that every Baptist church is a little different, particularly in their worship style. Some are more traditional and some are more rock band, contemporary oriented

Upvote 0