Looking for trustworthy and truly good people to work on a music project with?

Feb 26, 2016
Japan
✟2,149.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so I'm a self taught musician. I was never classically trained (only for about 6 months on piano when I was young). I grew up with an obsessive compulsive love for music even from a really young age. I can play various instruments, but my main instrument is piano. I usually compose music using a MIDI keyboard using various different DAWs and VST plugins.

I compose many styles but my favorite has always been music that would fit best in videogames, mainly RPG games. I have also composed pieces of music that would fit nicely into Japanese animation (anime).

I'm already 36 years old now and feeling like life is passing me by so quickly. When I was younger, I was much less serious about music as a career and I had taken a sort of casual, bedroom musician approach to my life. I feel that music is God's main purpose for my life. I truly believe music can be a really powerful and emotionally moving tool that God can use in someone to bring more people close to him. Music is a spiritual language that can reach peoples' hearts where words might fail to.

Anyway, I have played my music for family members and friends that have actually started crying because the music was so moving. Many people keep pushing me toward getting a job related to music, but it isn't that easy. I'm a really sensitive person and I know that the music industry is just brutal and heartless. We live in a sick society controlled by money a greed.

I have no interest in trying to make tons of money and become famous. I would like to at least earn enough money from my music to afford a comfortable life for myself and my family. That is all I keep praying to God for each day and night. I keep needing to work jobs I'm not at all happy doing, but I have no choice at the moment.

Unlike most musicians, I don't trust posting my music on obviously untrustworthy platforms such as YouTube, Patreon, Soundcloud, which all have endless horror stories of people who have had their music stolen by other people and these companies did nothing at all to protect the artist who had their work taken. That is so evil that is sickens me. I know that God and most good people will know someone by their fruits and know when someone is not truly the artist of certain music they stole, but a lot of people will not know the difference. This problem is a lot more common than most people know and a lot of even supposed famous musicians were later found out to be complete frauds...after a lifetime and career of faking it using someone elses' music.

More than anything, I'm searching for people on this forum that might be good Christian people that are also indie game designers. I know I should be looking around on websites specifically for game designers and indie game musicians but I have found a lot of people on those sites to be difficult to correspond with and at times difficult to trust. At least on a forum like this, I will be in contact with Christian people, whom share the same morals as I do (don't lie, cheat, steal, etc).

Are there any game designers/developers on here making any games that they would like someone to score the music for?

I'm capable of scoring for a long RPG game which needs an opening, main theme, various character and battle themes, town and inn themes, a game over theme, ending theme, etc. I have many different examples of this with songs I have already composed.

Feel free to reply to this thread directly or send me a private message.

Last edited: