Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Merry Christmas, friends!

I'm looking for songs that fit all three of the following criteria:

1.) they are about Jesus
2.) they do not mention his name
3.) they are NOT CCM or gospel songs, or songs by secular artists who "crossed over" (P.O.D, Switchfoot, etc.)

(I'm writing an academic paper on the ways Jesus has appeared in "secular" music over the past 50 years. It's not about whether the artists or songs are "Christian" or not, but about how popular musicians have responded to him and presented him in their music.)

Please help if you can!

Reactions: dms1972
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Merry Christmas, friends!

I'm looking for songs that fit all three of the following criteria:

1.) they are about Jesus
2.) they do not mention his name
3.) they are NOT CCM or gospel songs, or songs by secular artists who "crossed over" (P.O.D, Switchfoot, etc.)

(I'm writing an academic paper on the ways Jesus has appeared in "secular" music over the past 50 years. It's not about whether the artists or songs are "Christian" or not, but about how popular musicians have responded to him and presented him in their music.)

Please help if you can!
Pearl Jam is made up mostly (if not entirely) of atheists. But if it wasn't for using the f-word, I'd say their song "Given To Fly".

"First he was stripped,
then he was stabbed"

"He still gives his love,
he just gives it away.
The love he receives
is the love from the saved"

Also, because of that f-word, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't embed the song here. But it's easy to find. Other lyrics aren't a perfect match to Our Lord but the similarities are kind of unavoidable.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0