Visit site
✟17,470.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks in advance! I know this is long but I appreciate any feedback.

Ok I'll try to explain...

Several weeks ago I applied for a part time job (about 10 hours per week) working as a support counselor. Basically I would be working with children with mental disabilities (3 hours at a time, 3 times or so per week). Kindof like play therapy. I would go to the family's homes during the times they are available; usually afternoon/night hours b/c the families work and the kids go to school... and work with the children, playing games and stuff like that. It's $12 per hour.

I didn't hear back from them for a long time and during these past several weeks I applied at Target and got the job there working on the floor just doing sales; it's full time b/c I put down open availability and said I wanted full time. It's $8 per hour. I have accepted the job and I have started training.

So here's the deal... I have been offered the job working with the other company (the one with kids).

I'm fairly certain that if I wanted to I could find out the times I would be working with the families and I could change my availability with Target so that I could do both jobs. I really don't want to give up on the Target job because I think that I could work up within the company and it'd be easier to transfer when we move...

that's the other deal & this is my main concern...As a military wife with a husband who is in training at DLI (learning a language) we don't know how much longer we'll be in California. He takes his test this summer and all depends on how he does on the test. If he passes he goes to TX for more training and I will stay here. We don't know how long the next half of the training is either. It could be 6 months, it could be 2 months. We don't know. If he doesn't pass we don't know what will happen. They might set him back or they might just give him a different job; in which case he'd most likely be moving.

GRRR!!! The problem is that we just don't know what's going to happen these next 6 months.

This second job does not have a contract or anything. I can quit at any time. My concern is that it's working with kids with disabilities and it would be wrong of me to just leave them after 4 months if it all doesn't work out. But if it DOES work out so that we are here for a bit longer it would be GREAT job experience in my field and it would be really rewarding. Also, I could always stick around here for awhile even if DH has to leave. I could make it so that I could stick around for 6 months at the least; that way I wouldn't be leaving the kids in the lurch. (April - September)

Here is my big question... should I talk to this company about my concerns & see how they react to my situation? Or should I just take the job and not say anything?

I think I could manage 6 months even if DH had to leave and I was stuck behind for awhile. Do you think 6 months is a long enough committment? Do you think I should mention my stability concerns?

Thanks so much for reading all this. I just need some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.