Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
no, they're not hentai. . .

I'll stop with the awful pun now. ~.^

A "Chick tract" is, in reality, a tract written by someone named Jack T. Chick, who may have a zeal for souls, but who is notoriously wrong on almost any subject he deals with, very legalistic, and often times borders on being hateful toward people with whom he disagrees.

Ask in one of the forums if you want to know more, but that's my basic synopsis.:)

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yet people are saved reading His tracts! His salvation message is straight from the pages of the Bible. I wonder how many of us are resposible for as many souls being saved as he is! Surely leading a soul to Christ and sparing them eternal damnation and seperation from God is a good thing, yes? Is it not what God called all Christians to do?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟275,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Surely leading a soul to Christ and sparing them eternal damnation and seperation from God is a good thing, yes? Is it not what God called all Christians to do?
Yes, we are called to lead souls to Christ. But we are not called to tell outright flat lies to do it.

For the benefit of the uneducated: http://net2.netacc.net/~mafg/jtchick/jtc02.html.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday at 09:49 PM Gerry said this in Post #6

Yet people are saved reading His tracts!

People are drawn to claim they are saved, but they often show no fruits; further, thousands and thousands have been driven *away* from the Faith by Chick's hateful attitude.

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yesterday at 10:38 PM Wolseley said this in Post #7

Yes, we are called to lead souls to Christ. But we are not called to tell outright flat lies to do it.

For the benefit of the uneducated: http://net2.netacc.net/~mafg/jtchick/jtc02.html.

Since you have quoted from my post I assume your reply is directed to me. Let me assure you that I am neither uneducated about Jack Chick, or the Catholic Church and it's doctrines, or the simple plan of salvation as put forth by Jesus in the many Catholic Bibles in my library.

In the Gospels in every Bible I own Jesus preaches love and the fruits thereof.

For the record I have never endorsed any anti Catholic literature ot tracts published by Chick or anyone else. But I do endorse the postive salvation message tracts that are published by any publisher including Jack Chick.

Because Jack Chick published some negative tracts does not mean that ALL tracts by Jack Chick or bad. Is it not then time to major on the positive things Jesus told us to do rather than to concentrate our time meditating on the negative things Jack Chick or anyone else may have said.

If Chick published a tract bashing Catholics does Jesus anywhere say we are in turn to be Chick bashers? Or did Jesus rather say to "LOVE" our enemies and to "BLESS" those that curse us??? I submit He did and you will find that in any Bible you have.

Jesus said: I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." He also said: "No man cometh unto the Father but by Me". Jesus also said in the Book of John that he CHOSE us and ORDAINED us to bear fruit. Why don't we spend our time doing that and following Jesus, and leave Chick for God to judge.

Philippians 4:8: "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." KJV

Philippians 4:8: "For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline: think on these things." Douay-Rheims

May God bless us as we seek to serve Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I thought we weren't supposed to support repeat violators of the 9th Commandment. Oh well. I guess that only applies to people who aren't preaching the Gospel amidst their supporting known frauds like Alberto Rivera and Rebecca Brown (their deliverance/occult/etc. "authority" who was also proven to be fraudulent- http://www.pfo.org/curse-th.htm and yes, this is a conservative Protestant site debunking her.)

"Longtime readers of The Quarterly Journal will recall that Rebecca Brown is really Ruth Bailey, a small-town physician who, after Indiana authorities revoked her license in 1984, traveled to California and began promoting her strange views of the occult and deliverance with the help of Christian tract and comic book publisher, Jack T. Chick. Police reports, medical documents, newspaper articles, and testimony of family and neighbors all verify her confused life and spurious claims."

If we are allegedly representing God, Who is the way, the life, and the truth, should we not "put away lying" and find some other tracts? I mean, there are MANY more tract publishers than Chick Publications.

God can use anything to speak His Word. He even used a donkey once: but does that mean we should appoint donkeys to our pulpits, send them out as missionaries, or go to a farm and listen to the braying if we need advice? Of course not.

Now could someone close this before we get a roaring argument in here?

^sigh^

Upvote 0
Most of this material has been suppressed by the Catholic church but I have a friend that is an ex Catholic and use to break these informative little gems out quite often. For those whoare unfamiliar with the term " chick tracts " these are brochures that are witnessing tools some of which are very blunt in nature essentially exposing the blatant hypocrisies of the Catholic church and recounting just a few of the untold thousands yea millions is probably a more accurate terminology nightmarish horror stories that go on behind the scenes of the so called church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.