• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Looking for OCD friends again

Boxers1

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was on this forum several years ago because of OCD thoughts about committing the unpardonable sin (blasphemy against the holy spirit). I felt this site helped me so much. Recently in the past year my OCD has spiked so bad that Im back to my old fears about this issue. Thoughts that feel like they burst out of my head and then what may be worse then the thoughts themselves is the overwhelming feeling of terror i feel when they come. I can still recreate this terrible feeling of fear in relation to a thought i had a year ago! Sometimes its even like I'll start to get the overwhelming feeling of fear like I know a thought is coming and I know I have no real way of suppressing it and I am not even supposed to try and stop it. I know Im supposed to let these thoughts float in and out but the problem is the overwhelming surge of flight or flight i guess that prevents me from being able to ignore the thoughts. They don't just float in and out! They get stuck b/c of the panic associated with them! Sometimes the fear is so bad it is worse than if a bear was chasing me. Might sound crazy but that's how it feels. Just looking for support again from fellow OCDrs! Thanks for listening!

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was on this forum several years ago because of OCD thoughts about committing the unpardonable sin (blasphemy against the holy spirit). I felt this site helped me so much. Recently in the past year my OCD has spiked so bad that Im back to my old fears about this issue. Thoughts that feel like they burst out of my head and then what may be worse then the thoughts themselves is the overwhelming feeling of terror i feel when they come. I can still recreate this terrible feeling of fear in relation to a thought i had a year ago! Sometimes its even like I'll start to get the overwhelming feeling of fear like I know a thought is coming and I know I have no real way of suppressing it and I am not even supposed to try and stop it. I know Im supposed to let these thoughts float in and out but the problem is the overwhelming surge of flight or flight i guess that prevents me from being able to ignore the thoughts. They don't just float in and out! They get stuck b/c of the panic associated with them! Sometimes the fear is so bad it is worse than if a bear was chasing me. Might sound crazy but that's how it feels. Just looking for support again from fellow OCDrs! Thanks for listening!

If you need to talk, please feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0

ananda

Early Buddhist
May 6, 2011
Soujourner on Earth
✟186,371.00
Marital Status
Private
"I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities, whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me." Jer 33:8

"if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin ... If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1Jo 1:7,9

Upvote 0

alt6119

Apr 7, 2012
✟15,167.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private

Totally understand what you are going through! Feel free to PM me!

Upvote 0

simplee_mandee

Trust in the Lord with all your ❤
Nov 21, 2010
Florida
✟8,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

I can relate to what your going though. This site has helped me to realize that I'm not alone with the lying ocd thoughts. The devil would love for us to think that we are unforgivable when we are (forgivable) because that is what he is! I wouldn't be surprised if half the time his minions are whispering this trash into our ear w/o us knowing -_- ! Here is a prayer that has helped me and my brother (we both have ocd :() you can say it in your head or out loud when you have bad thoughts.

Jesus Christ take authority over my thoughts, mind, and ocd and cast down all these imaginations (2 Corinthians 10:5). Help me to think about what is holy, lovely, and pleasing to the Lord (Philippians 4:8). Please take away any spirit of fear and replace it with a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).
In Jesus Christ's name I pray amen!:prayer:

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.(Philippians 4:8)

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)

Also another thing that helps when you feel a thought coming and can't control it, is to cancel it out. Put a "I never", "I don't believe" or something in front or back of it to counteract it. It can help to make you feel less guilty. I'm going through the same thing. I was over my fear and it came back 2 monthes ago out of nowhere :puff:...

But the Lord is helping me through it! I realized that you have to forgive yourself first and try to put it behind you. You have to really believe that the Lord knows your heart and forgives you. In a way I don't think that the unpardonable is a sin that can be accidentally committed... Look at the Pharisee's they could'nt care less and they didn't want nothing to do with Jesus! We want Jesus and His Holy Spirit in our live's and God knows this.

When it come to ocd its very important to keep your faith high. In order to keep my faith high I have been praying a whole lot and singing and worshiping with gospel music. Also find passage's in the bible that you can relate to, write them down and meditate on them. Part of our ocd is to try and make us doubt. You have to reject these thoughts and know that the Lord can see that. The Lord see's our hearts and knows us better then we do! I hope that I have helped you somehow. I will add you to my prayer list! I feel everytime I pray to the Lord He still answers, so obviously I haven't been abandoned.

So if I haven't I'm sure you still have the Lord with you! Like a month ago I was reading the preveiw story about the little boy that died and went to heaven and I remember the father (I think he is a pastor) wrote that God gave him a rainbow as a sign of something he asked. Then I just thought in my head "I wish God would give me a rainbow to show that He is still with me..." and on the drive back from my grandma's house me and my mom saw 2 rainbows together (a big one and a smaller one under it)! I totally wasn't expecting that.

I know it could have been a conscience but it was weird because our car went pasts a tree and those clear rainbows just vanished... Didn't even fade it was like it was never there... So I took it as a sign :). Also almost everytime I get a sever panic attack and I ask the Lord to give me His peace and comfort I actually start to feel calmer (and I would be freaking out to a point that felt like there was no return lol o_o)! Also I read a while back that ocd can be partially due to a vitamin imbalance and that omega 3 fatty acids such as cod liver, fish, or flaxseed oil and that magnesium can help. I been taking them for a week and I feel my thoughts have improved.

These are some comforting scripture's:

All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and he that comes to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37)

I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7:15-20)

He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.
He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.
Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit. (Psalm 147:3-5)

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
(John 10:28-29)

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you forever; (John 14:16)

In whom you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after you believed, you were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise, (Ephesians 1:13)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shychild

Apr 13, 2012
✟7,619.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hey am 13 years old from PHilippines and am lonely, i experienced extreme jealously toward my siblings/cousins , hatred to myparent, and so on.

also am experiencing very intrusive thoughts. if you can see, i have many corrections in mah paper just to relieve my intrsuvie thoughts!!! im alone also and have stopped for my first year becoz im afraid to be scolded by my teacher also beceoz im alone there . it feels like im pretty alone _-_

CAN WE BE FRIEND? thnx:wave:

Upvote 0

simplee_mandee

Trust in the Lord with all your ❤
Nov 21, 2010
Florida
✟8,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey am 13 years old from PHilippines and am lonely, i experienced extreme jealously toward my siblings/cousins , hatred to myparent, and so on.

also am experiencing very intrusive thoughts. if you can see, i have many corrections in mah paper just to relieve my intrsuvie thoughts!!! im alone also and have stopped for my first year becoz im afraid to be scolded by my teacher also beceoz im alone there . it feels like im pretty alone _-_

I used to be jealous of my best friend/ cousin when I was your age but I realize now that I don't want to be like anybody else. You shouldn't be jealous of your siblings/cousins because God made you special just the way you are :). 13 is a difficult age because you are transforming from a child to a teen. I was lonely most of my teenage years because I was also shy :(. I will pray that the Lord will send you a good friend :thumbsup:.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vbaker700

Apr 7, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

You are not alone....odc is a terrible thing to deal with. I have had it since I was 15 and am not 53. But, take heart you can get better. Can you talk with your family (even though you are angry). Many options are available to you for treatment. I will be praying for you my friend.

Upvote 0