Looking for indie esque music suggestions

Oct 11, 2014
✟7,611.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm sort of new to Christianity and would like to be able to listen to worship music that's similar to the secular music I already listen to. Some favorite artists include The Tallest Man On Earth, Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers, The Lumineers, Sufjan Stevens, Vance Joy, Vampire Weekend, Lorde, Bright Eyes, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Mar 12, 2014
Washington
Visit site
✟15,390.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure if I'm similar to those bands except kind of maybe Sufjan Stevens, but a lot of my listeners are indie music fans and I know one is a Sufjan Stevens fan, so here are a few of my songs. These are the latest but my music includes a lot of genres done with electronic instruments, so there's bound to something you like. I'm coming out with a cool version of "God Rest Your Merry, Gentlemen" soon, so keep an eye out for that.

Fall of the Summer King (Mellow Music Lyric Video) - YouTube

Psalms of Zion (New Worship Music) - YouTube

Truth (Christian Dance Hymn. Full Song with Lyrics) - YouTube

jothamdavidparker.bandcamp.com

twitter.com/JothamParker

https://www.facebook.com/JothamDavidParker

Upvote 0
Mar 12, 2014
Washington
Visit site
✟15,390.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
You might also like Joy Electric, The Imari Tones, or Soulfood 76. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Look up 7-ball Gas Collection on Youtube, too. 7-ball was a Christian music mag in the 90s/early 2000s and some of the bands on their compilation discs were kind of indie sounding.

There's also the Good Christian Music blog and they mainly have music with that "indie" sound.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Choir - are what I would call Indie, but I am not a expert on the scene - some call the style Alternative Rock, They would have been considered part of the christian punk scene at first. Only listened to one album though: Circle Slide,

Also if not already mentioned check out: Crumbächer quite different from The Choir - Again not very well up on their albums.

Undercover would be another group that probably straddles Alternative, Indie and Punk

If in fact these actually are Indie?, so be interested to hear if you consider them Indie, or only Indie esque :)

Also Kings X - could they be considered Indie, or am I clueless about Indie music? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums