Denison
✟15,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been building up to this point in my life where I have been blessed with the funds to get the equipment I need to start filmmaking, and I have been looking for some Christian based screenplays to produce. I also am a writer but have not had time to sit and do the writing myself for a short film, hence I have come here to seek out someone with a novel idea, and gripping story to portray on screen. All for His glory!

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited:
Reactions: mama2one

Bennie Holcomb

Jan 31, 2020
Denison
✟15,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking to start with shorts to get some experience under my, and my small crews, belt. I now have access to my own equipment and software (for post-production) to pull off just about anything that does not have too many locations and/or expensive props, etc.
Going for a low budget atm.
I DO have access to local community players for acting roles and have been networking to get with other filmmakers in my area to help out if need be.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a series of short scripts loosely based on the parables of Jesus. Each story features two Christian college students, a male and female, as they work out their faith together. The locations include a college campus, a local church, a college apartment building, and various other community locations. Each episode has a lesson loosely based on the parables of Jesus that is told through the entertaining relationship these two college friends share. The success of these scripts is going to be largely dependent on the chemistry between your two actors.

I later adapted these shorts into a feature length script, so this does have the potential to be expanded in that way if you discover they are working well.

There's 21 total shorts, some with only one location. They were written to stand alone, but they are really more like scenes than completed shorts - I think they're all under 10 minutes.

This might give you something to play with and work out your production chops.

I'll be happy to send them to you if you're interested.

• Winner
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Bennie Holcomb

Jan 31, 2020
Denison
✟15,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would most definitely love to see the scripts...as a matter of fact, it would be good to collaborate and make it like a TV series style show...I like the possibilities!
Please send the first of the series so I can look them over...sounds like a great project to start.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,792.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have to have 20 posts before I can send you a private message here. I need your email address. If you don't want to post it here you can use my blog CONTACT page to send me an email and I'll respond to you with the scripts.

Upvote 0

Bennie Holcomb

Jan 31, 2020
Denison
✟15,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ahhh...no problem...I have nothing to hide!!! lol
bennieholcomb@sbcglobal.net
I can actually set you up a folder on my dropbox if you are subscribed to that...make it easier to share files.

And thanks for the interest!
I look forward to looking over your works!

Thanks,
Bennie

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,864.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have been building up to this point in my life where I have been blessed with the funds to get the equipment I need to start filmmaking, and I have been looking for some Christian based screenplays to produce. I also am a writer but have not had time to sit and do the writing myself for a short film, hence I have come here to seek out someone with a novel idea, and gripping story to portray on screen. All for His glory!

Thanks,
Ben
I can write, but I don't have any ideas. If you have an idea for a story, I can write it. Apart from that, I'd offer my services as a dialogue consultant, which might be something I just made up, but I've seen many films ruined by unrealistic dialogue, and I guarantee I could improve any sceenplay in that regard.

Upvote 0

Raleigh Marcell

May 23, 2020
Savannah, Georgia
✟15,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Thanks,
Ben
Hello Ben,
I have a screenplay (41 pages) called CRAZY DOW and is based on the life and writing of 19th century circuit preacher Lorenzo Dow.
I am a professionally-produced and published playwright.
CRAZY DOW: 4 characters, 1 location
Lost in the Georgia wilderness, Dow clashes in a running debate with an agnostic backwoodsman oer the reality and divinity of Jesus.
If this interests you, please e-mail me and we can discuss this.
Cordially,
Raleigh Marcell my IMDB page is here:
Raleigh Marcell - Contact Info, Agent, Manager | IMDbPro
raleighmarcell@gmail.com

Upvote 0

AMOG

Jul 29, 2007
✟17,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of really good faith based screenplays on the 168film dot com web site. Look under write of passage for winners of their writing contest. You can option one of these scripts from them and then produce it for their anual festival. Ive had very good experiences working with this fest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums