• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for Christian Groups adhering to Jesus!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michael Corbett, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:40 PM.

1. Michael Corbett

Michael Corbett New Member

+2
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hi, I am interested in getting feedback on different Christian organizations. I grew up Catholic but have seen troubling infiltration, acceptance of deceit, and fundamental change from adherence to the words of Christ to all enabling deceitful doctrine of "love". Can anybody suggest Christian groups that hold true free of insidious plays on words?

Thanks,

Mike

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Nicolaus Mourer

Nicolaus Mourer Call me Nic. Supporter

+1,051
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Welcome Mike, I hope you find good community here. That may be a question better suited for the Catholic thread; they may be happy to answer your question. You could also pose the question to other denominations and their threads. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion to answer your question, but since this is only the introduction forums, it's not really appropriate for a debate.

Hope to see you around and God bless!

3. Basil the Great

Basil the Great Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,577
    Christian
    Private
    US-Green
    Welcome to the forums, Michael. As to the issue that you raised, there are pretty much good and bad things (and people) in every group. I suggest that you do your research on different bodies until you find one that appeals to you. Since you were raised Catholic, you might want to check out the Catholic sub-forum (OBOB) and the Eastern Orthodox one and maybe the Oriental Orthodox one as well, since the two Orthodox groups are the ones closest to the Catholic body in which you grew up.

Here is hoping that God blesses the time that you spend here.

4. Tigger45

Tigger45 Grounded in His word, anchored in church history. Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,780
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Welcome to CF Michael!

Looking for a Church is a designated sub forum for seeking a church body equivalent to your inquiry.

5. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member

+3,831
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Welcome to Christian Forums.

It sounds like you should post in the 'Looking for a Church' subforum to get information about different groups.

As to Catholic infidelities, we have had them since Judas and we continue to have them. But the secret you will discover sooner or later is all the groups have infidelities. Some are more obvious, and some are well hidden, only discoverable after years of thinking everything was fine. You can discuss this at the 'One Bread One Body' subforum, where we do discuss this with an eye to cleaning house.

6. Monk Brendan

Monk Brendan Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,852
    United States
    Melkite Catholic
    Private
    US-Others
    Try an Eastern Catholic, especially Byzantine tradition, Catholic Church or Eastern Orthodoxy.

7. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member

+357
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Married
    UK-Independence-Party
    Try a baptist Church.

8. sunshine100

sunshine100 Well-Known Member

+487
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Hello and welcome

9. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+17,480
    Anglican
    Married
    Hello, Mike. I agree that the Looking for a Church forum would be a better place for your question, especially since it is potentially a very broad one.