Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes i agree
A good way to learn a language - apart from being in country listening to it being spoken all the time - is to read familiar passages of the Bible in the language you are learning. John chapter 1, for example: simple vocabulary and familiar verses become recognizable more quickly.

Upvote 0

rickyknight1

Jan 22, 2016
orlando
✟15,585.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A good way to learn a language - apart from being in country listening to it being spoken all the time - is to read familiar passages of the Bible in the language you are learning. John chapter 1, for example: simple vocabulary and familiar verses become recognizable more quickly.
Yea that's a good way

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

angelsfire84

Returner
Jan 12, 2009
Miami, Florida
✟8,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im so glad someone finally mentions cobow bebop in my 25 years of living. I thought i was the only one

Cowboy Beebop is such a classic anime. I mean it's so original and epic in so many ways that it's impossible to forget. But I think sometimes we pass by it because we assume most every anime fan has seen it already since it's such a masterpiece. :D :D :D

Upvote 0

angelsfire84

Returner
Jan 12, 2009
Miami, Florida
✟8,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood were two of the first anime's I got into. Anybody know about Samurai Champloo?

Yes! Don't skip out on Samurai Champloo! One of the most innovative anime styles with music and story you'll ever find!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Bibb

Jan 6, 2016
Alabama
✟10,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes! Don't skip out on Samurai Champloo! One of the most innovative anime styles with music and story you'll ever find!
I saw it last year, and it was a masterpiece. Sinichiro Watanabe's work is flawless. What about Kids on The Slope? That's another one of his. Currently watching it now.
I saw it last year, and it was a masterpiece. Shinichiro Watanabe's work is flawless. What about Kids on The Slope? That's another one of his. Not done with it yet though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christian Heavy Metal is awesome! What bands do you listen to? (although this might be off topic since this section is Anime & Manga)
Hi; why don't we start a thread about Christian Heavy Metal in the Music section? :)

Reactions: angelsfire84
Upvote 0

rickyknight1

Jan 22, 2016
orlando
✟15,585.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cowboy Beebop is such a classic anime. I mean it's so original and epic in so many ways that it's impossible to forget. But I think sometimes we pass by it because we assume most every anime fan has seen it already since it's such a masterpiece. :D :D :D
Its been just the opposite for me ive always assumed people don't know it. And its not just cowboy bebop i have a few. Gundam wing, knights of the zodiac, Lupin the third, samurai champloo, tenchi muyo, and samurai x or rorouni kenshin

Reactions: angelsfire84
Upvote 0

Godiswithus(eternally)

My chains are gone
Feb 6, 2016
London- Uk
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes i know sAmurai champloo it was good
I loved full metal alchemist, one of my favourite animes, but I'm in the minority when I say that I didn't like Cowboy bebop as much as my friends and other comments do, I would like to watch Samurai Champloo but is that similar to Cowboy Bebop, I think it was created by the same director.

Reactions: rickyknight1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rickyknight1

Jan 22, 2016
orlando
✟15,585.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I loved full metal alchemist, one of my favourite animes, but I'm in the minority when I say that I didn't like Cowboy bebop as much as my friends and other comments do, I would like to watch Samurai Champloo but is that similar to Cowboy Bebop, I think it was created by the same director.
Im not really sure on who the writers are but, now that you've mentioned it. They do have alot of similarities. The art styles are similar along with their choice of music. Its a good show to watch like cowboy bebop it has a good story line. But if you werent a fan of the former then you probably wont like the latter. You can watxh it on netflix and see what you think

Upvote 0

Godiswithus(eternally)

My chains are gone
Feb 6, 2016
London- Uk
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I didn't not like Cowboy bebop, I did think the story line and characters were amazing but I think it's because people hyped it up b4 I watched it too much. Thanks tho I will check out samurai champloo :relaxed:. Have u seen one punch man, I've nearly finished and think it's a great shounen show

Upvote 0

Godiswithus(eternally)

My chains are gone
Feb 6, 2016
London- Uk
✟7,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm gonna continue the One Piece dub soon.
Aww I heard one piece is quite good, I watched the first episode subbed and knew it had 600+ episodes so I was like let's save it for when I have the time :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Bananagator
Upvote 0

Bananagator

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Nov 20, 2013
✟14,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm gonna continue the One Piece dub soon.

Funimation's One Piece dub is SO good. I'm extremely impressed with their work on it :oldthumbsup:

I'm generally a fan of dubs. The only anime I watch subbed is Attack On Titan (I watched about a third of Death Note subbed too but whatever).
But One Piece is a wonderful thing. Only 20 more volumes until I'm caught up with the manga :confused:

Upvote 0