A sinner saved by grace.
Apr 20, 2015
New York
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm just going to be as straight forward as i can! I'm interested in making friends that like to watch anime in there spare time but love Jesus dearly :) . If you're interested in talking to me personally add me as a friend via some "instant messenger" or preferably Skype. (PM me your "instant messenger" or Skype name so you don't have to post it publicly :)) Also, hello everyone! :D I've recently been watching Yoru no Yatterman and re-watching Yu Yu Hakusho with a friend since he has never seen it.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its funny you mention Kill La Kill, I just finished it this Sunday (it was great). Also its not really game season so I haven't been playing anything.

I saw the Kill La Kill censorship comparison on Youtube. LOL I haven't watched that anime. Would you recommend it and why? Thank you.

Upvote 0

Devin (Camary) Vaughn

Christian Otaku Gamer Brony person
Aug 4, 2015
Mead, Washington
✟7,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do love anime, but what i do most is play video game that are Japanese (like monster hunter and Kingdom Hearts) my fav anime is soul eater btw

EDIT: I also love our savior ALOT... talk crap about him and you get my katana (IF I HAD ONE!!!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supremocombo

Christian Anime fan, Tech nerd, and gamer.
Aug 16, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See... The problem with anime like Naruto is the symbolism in it. Lets take Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood or Magi for example. In both animes you see and 8 pointed star. That is satanic. You also see many references to Buddhism and Shintoism which is completely against our beliefs. In DBZ, not only is there a guy called Satan, but they use Ki or Ch. Buddhists believe in this ki and its part of their religion. I could go on and on but I think ive said enough.

Upvote 0

Devin (Camary) Vaughn

Christian Otaku Gamer Brony person
Aug 4, 2015
Mead, Washington
✟7,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See... The problem with anime like Naruto is the symbolism in it. Lets take Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood or Magi for example. In both animes you see and 8 pointed star. That is satanic. You also see many references to Buddhism and Shintoism which is completely against our beliefs. In DBZ, not only is there a guy called Satan, but they use Ki or Ch. Buddhists believe in this ki and its part of their religion. I could go on and on but I think ive said enough.
BUT there are other anime's out thee that are a bit more Christian, like angel beats or rwby. but yeah Japan is mostly Buddhist and few anime's they make are Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Supremocombo

Aug 16, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
BUT there are other anime's out thee that are a bit more Christian, like angel beats or rwby. but yeah Japan is mostly Buddhist and few anime's they make are Christian.
Meh, Angel Beats and RWBY are questionable, but anime like Detective Conan are good.
Btw, I used to watch these Christian animes when I was younger. They were called Superbook and Flying House. Sure, theyre for kids, but you can still get some enjoyment out of them.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Buddhism, as someone else pointed out, is unavoidable, when the religion has been ingrained in Japanese culture, similar to Shinto, which is pretty much the native worldview

Pretty sure the 8 pointed star is Christian, though it's rather obscure. If we're talking the one in Magi, that can be seen as a Hindu symbol, but I don't think there's a Satanic connection in the slightest with the 8 pointed star in any manifestation. I believe it is also used in Islamic architecture as well as Zoroastrianism, so if we're talking non Christian religions, sure, it's not uniquely Christian, but that's how symbols tend to work

Not sure what "Satanic" symbolism you see in Naruto that doesn't exist in other fantasy anime. Blue Exorcist has Christians and Buddhists working alongside each other, not unlike Ghost Hunt, with a less action based focus for the latter.

Reactions: rickyknight1
Upvote 0

Supremocombo

Aug 16, 2015
✟7,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well in Magi, its the seal of Solomon that's there. While The Bible has Solomon in it, it doesn't have the part where he controlled demons using his seal. Also, in blue exorcist, the main character is the son of satan. What does that tell you?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It tells me you're still trying to find something to demonize without understanding the base culture, which doesn't regard religion in the same way as the West tends to, which is based in affiliation and an us versus them mentality. Japan is more eclectic and syncretic by comparison, saying that these religions should be able to coexist, even if they disagree on things, because they all seek meaning in life, which is a very human pursuit that is common ground.

Of course, Solomon didn't control demons in the Bible, it's considered non canonical, if I'm not mistaken. And Rin is the son of Satan, but he's not innately evil because of that: in fact, he's the protagonist.

It tells me that, contextually, there's a major difference in storytelling between someone willingly making a contract with a devil or demon, which could be considered, in general, an ethically questionable action regardless of believes in devils as real or evil, versus someone merely having a heritage that people associate with evil, but that they aren't evil in and of themselves.

Naruto has what many call a demon in him, but he's not evil, nor is the "demon" actually innately malicious. Rin, to my knowledge, is the son of Satan, but unlike some of his other half siblings, he's very much a good person, if very chaotic and disregarding of rules. Blue Exorcist seems to have that notion of nature versus nurture, with nurture leaning towards how someone can be good or evil, regardless of heritage.

Someone could have heritage from an angel in a series and not be considered a protagonist or even a positive role model in the slightest, but repressive and generally not someone you want to emulate in the slightest because they're more like a church inquisitor in the common stereotype than someone who seeks good, but also follows rules in a reasonable fashion.

Upvote 0