Midwest
✟2,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't actually know anything about him. Growing up in an American public school, of course he wasn't mentioned a single time. I'm currently reading The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn in order to understand the Russian suffering under communism and I'm wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent work for the Chinese experience. Ideally it would be written by a Christian but I understand if that resource doesn't exist.

jamiec

Aug 2, 2020
Scotland
✟42,265.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I don't actually know anything about him. Growing up in an American public school, of course he wasn't mentioned a single time. I'm currently reading The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn in order to understand the Russian suffering under communism and I'm wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent work for the Chinese experience. Ideally it would be written by a Christian but I understand if that resource doesn't exist.
This may be close to what’s
wanted: Mao: The Unknown Story - Wikipedia

It’s long, thorough, a good read, and pulls no punches. I have no idea of the religious beliefs (if any) of the authors.

Upvote 0

Yaaten

Sep 14, 2022
Victoria
✟18,616.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Growing up in an American public school, of course he wasn't mentioned a single time.

A very sad indictment of the American public school system. Well, here's a recommendation: 'Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung', the famous "Little Red Book" that was so widespread and popular both in China, and elsewhere, for so long after 1966.

Upvote 0