Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
One great place to start is with TheBerean.org: Psalm 34:11-14 They have a daily email verse and devotional. It really digs in and has great insight into the verses.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I am currently using a Men's Daily Devotional NIV Bible to do my morning readings and it's been pretty good.

As for the group, I guess a better way of putting it would be that I would like for someone who has a lot more experience with bible study than me to kind of mentor? facilitate? Not sure the right word to use. There are TONS of Bible study plans you can do on your own online, so the WHAT is pretty easy. It's the group setting I desire to talk about and discuss. And, in order to make sure we are doing it right, we would need someone to guide us.

How much experience do you have with Bible study?

Upvote 0

byhisgrace7

Dec 7, 2013
Kansas
✟25,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Biblical-wisdom.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

byhisgrace7

Dec 7, 2013
Kansas
✟25,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have experience in leading women's Bible study and have attended several Bible studies, but I put up a message asking for a leader on one of the other forums to see if anyone else would offer.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out. I am currently using a Men's Daily Devotional NIV Bible to do my morning readings and it's been pretty good.

As for the group, I guess a better way of putting it would be that I would like for someone who has a lot more experience with bible study than me to kind of mentor? facilitate? Not sure the right word to use. There are TONS of Bible study plans you can do on your own online, so the WHAT is pretty easy. It's the group setting I desire to talk about and discuss. And, in order to make sure we are doing it right, we would need someone to guide us.

How much experience do you have with Bible study?

Upvote 0

byhisgrace7

Dec 7, 2013
Kansas
✟25,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Men getting together, I guess that would leave me out LOL In person would be great but not feasible with people spread out all over geographically on CF, so it would have to be an online study.

Kinda hard to do a group online. I prefer in person, love the interaction and not having to TYPE everything I want to say. How ever it works out though, men getting together and studying the bible is great for our walks...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

byhisgrace7

Dec 7, 2013
Kansas
✟25,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OnePeter -Here is what one poster suggested for us. He recommended we follow Christ'sFreeServant Bible study posts. The information is below. Let me know what you think.

Let me recommend something to you. I know of someone who regularly posts Bible Studies here at this site by the name of Christ'sFreeServant. Slightly more traditional than me, but very good, and quite non-judgmental of those with differences of opinion. She appears specifically called to writing Studies, as this is what she does on a regular basis, though she doesn't always get responses.

Whenever you want to see of she has posted anything new you might have missed, just come to this thread you created, click on the link I am providing below, and that will bring you to a thread with here avatar on it. Click on her site name in her avatar box, and you will see a blue option to click for "View Profile." Click that, and you will see a screen with options to "View Activity." That will list her most recent posts, including those she has written herself.

Hope this does you some good, and your interest in Bible Study is an excellent and worthwhile pursuit!

This House Lies Desolate

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One good way to study the Bible is to first have a frame-work for it, which is about defining the study areas, purpose, etc. Just picking a place and beginning reading could lead to confusion if that PLACE was not understood in relation to the whole of the Bible ---would you say?

This is trying to say that there is Bible General ---Overview of deity, trinity, creation, purpose and mind of God in general in the books of OT and NT, etc.; Redemption Way ---Seeing the OT way and the NT way, and expectations for mankind, the coming and sacrifice of Jesus, the Christ of God, salvation and judgments, heaven and eternity, etc.; Church Truth ---Formation of the "bride", God's testimony and expectations for His saints, etc.; Spiritual Life ---living for God and devotions, worship, testimony, service, etc. Summation as in Revelation, etc.

I believe that defining the study thus could help in preparations and discussions; and avoid ramblings and confusion, and even debates, which should not be allowed. Just some thoughts here to consider.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great suggestions everyone.

This isn't "quite" what you are looking for, but be mindful that under Theology and Scriptures, there is this section on CF: Exposition & Bible Study -- you may get some ideas from there or plan to do the actual studies there too for others to join in on.

Upvote 0

Boynee

May 24, 2018
Brooklyn, NY
✟8,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I have been thinking of facilitating an online Bible study group after I retire as a pastor in July 2018. Being in Bible study groups was what led me into the ministry. I have led Bible study groups many times, but never online. Eleven of them were studies that gave an over-view of the whole Bible. In addition, we did small group studies of the gospels also. Any interest in forming an online group?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hktm

May 31, 2018
Jakarta
✟7,712.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I have been thinking of facilitating an online Bible study group after I retire as a pastor in July 2018. Being in Bible study groups was what led me into the ministry. I have led Bible study groups many times, but never online. Eleven of them were studies that gave an over-view of the whole Bible. In addition, we did small group studies of the gospels also. Any interest in forming an online group?
Count me in! Oh btw, I'm new here.. :D

Upvote 0