✟7,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,
I'm Brent, and I currently help out the Youth Pastor at our church. First and foremost, my passion is to serve God, more specifically I feel God wants me to serve the youth of my community. We are a relatively small church in regards to number of current members. I have been apart of my Church for about two and a half years, and with the Youth Group for a year. Our surrounding community, and the majority of our members, are in a very poverty stricken area of Georgia. My main concern is giving the kids an environment that is always welcoming, a home away from home if you will. Most of these kid's parents have a very hard time getting by in general, and because of this they can hardly get the time to bring their kids to church on Wednesdays when we have our Youth Group lessons. Right now, I do all I can along with other folks, picking up and taking them home when they don't have a ride, but they still want to come. So we are in the process of trying to raise enough money to purchase a passenger van of sorts to accommodate the issues we're having. I'm seeking ideas and advise on how to accomplish our $3500 goal. If anyone has any helpful advise please let me know, and I've attached a go fund me, not looking for donations on here, but mainly to get an idea on how well it looks, and what changes need to be made. It's tough to be in this situation, but the teenagers shouldn't have to struggle because of the circumstances most of the community is in. We are in a high gang and drug activity area, and it would break my heart to see them succumb to their surroundings, and be a product of their environment. I want to thank everyone in advance for there support. I'm just a believer trying to change the statistics! God Bless Everyone!

https://www.gofundme.com/vehicle-fo...92791131-d4863d628d1c4c69&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My youth group has done many fundraisers.
We have done car washes, bake sales, yard sales etc.
One of the most popular was adopt a teen....families in the church and or community adopt a youth or several and we do odd jobs around their house and they pay us. It was popular.
Good luck. God bless your ministry.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,
I'm Brent, and I currently help out the Youth Pastor at our church. First and foremost, my passion is to serve God, more specifically I feel God wants me to serve the youth of my community. We are a relatively small church in regards to number of current members. I have been apart of my Church for about two and a half years, and with the Youth Group for a year. Our surrounding community, and the majority of our members, are in a very poverty stricken area of Georgia. My main concern is giving the kids an environment that is always welcoming, a home away from home if you will. Most of these kid's parents have a very hard time getting by in general, and because of this they can hardly get the time to bring their kids to church on Wednesdays when we have our Youth Group lessons. Right now, I do all I can along with other folks, picking up and taking them home when they don't have a ride, but they still want to come. So we are in the process of trying to raise enough money to purchase a passenger van of sorts to accommodate the issues we're having. I'm seeking ideas and advise on how to accomplish our $3500 goal. If anyone has any helpful advise please let me know, and I've attached a go fund me, not looking for donations on here, but mainly to get an idea on how well it looks, and what changes need to be made. It's tough to be in this situation, but the teenagers shouldn't have to struggle because of the circumstances most of the community is in. We are in a high gang and drug activity area, and it would break my heart to see them succumb to their surroundings, and be a product of their environment. I want to thank everyone in advance for there support. I'm just a believer trying to change the statistics! God Bless Everyone!

https://www.gofundme.com/vehicle-fo...92791131-d4863d628d1c4c69&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w

I had a look at your GoFundMe page.

Too bad you can't use pictures of the kids.

I think that even if you were able to find publically available photos of kids involved in activities typical of the type that you sponsor, ... it would help your cause.

For instance, we just had our Vacation Bible School, ... and for advertising we used the photos (of kids) that our vendor provided.

People like to see examples of how their contributions will be utilized.

Thank-you for your commitment to your local youth ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Brent, thank you for your work with the youth, and furthering God's Kingdom.
Our youth group partnered with a local resort that makes home made pizzas. The kids got to keep the majority of the profits and made some good money for a trip to a Christian conference.
Praying the Lord provides for all your youths needs, it will come, in His timing and for His Glory.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

A photo similar to the one at the link ... would probably work for your GoFundMe page. There's tons of them on Google ...

https://cf.ltkcdn.net/kids/images/orig/197627-507x338-Group-of-children-playing-on-a-lawn.jpg

Upvote 0

Demarquis Johnson

Jul 12, 2018
Altamonte Springs
✟7,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I work in sales and marketing. Love to help people raise money for great causes. I suggest you find a corporate business park and do carwash/cleaning fundraisers. A lot of people in the corporate secror will give a big donation for your cause. If you need more ideas email me Hollywoodj8@gmail.com.

Upvote 0

Karin12414

Nothing is impossible for my God!
Jul 9, 2018
Lakeland
✟29,643.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tsquared

Supporter
Jun 16, 2017
Canada
✟64,433.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

First of all, good on you for connecting into the youth group at your church and seeking to make a difference in the lives of others. As a youth pastor, I know how wonderful it is to have others step up to the plate and help to accomplish the vision of the youth group.

At our church we do a variety of fundraisers. Again, as others have mentioned already, what you do widely depends on your demographic and what will capture the interest of your community/church. Our church consists of primarily older saints, who love food (haha). So, we decided to do canteens after church services (hot dogs and hamburgers). Sometimes we put a cost on the food, and other times we do it by donation (we always allow those who can't afford to pay to come eat anyway). This can also be done in the community, which serves as a type of outreach (i.e., way to connect with people). Many times, grocery stores or gas stations will allow you to set up in front of their doors so you have access to all the customers coming in and out.

Also, we had a letter done up to send to businesses that told them about our group and asked for donations for different items. For instance, we sent them to grocery stores and they would donate the buns, and another store would donate the meat, so we had virtually no expenses! This is a great way to get the most out of each fundraiser. Many of these businesses love to donate, and it's also a tax write-off for them.

We have found in our area that people generally will give more generously when they are getting something in return, no matter how big or small that thing is. For instance, we've had people come for a Barbecued hot dog and hamburger who donated $20-$50. It's also a great way to have the young people involved in accomplishing the goal together.

I hope some of this information has been helpful! Praying for you guys as you raise funds for the vehicle!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums