Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Pray about it - pray for her, pray for yourself.
Evaluate whether you are pursuing a relationship because of discontentment, or feeling lead by the Lord to pursue.

Seek wisdom and counsel from your elders, from a discipleship relationship, etc. have a brother walk alongside you during the process.
when pursuing a woman, I recommend, if she has christian parents, seeking out her parents. (having had talked to her first), and if that is not the case, seeking out close, godly friends of hers.
ultimately the goal is edification and spurring one another on to love and good deeds and loving and serving the Lord, let that be in the forefront of your mind, when seeking to pursue :)
may the Lord bless that endeavor!

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First and foremost your relationship with the Lord is the most important thing. I don't believe in "methods" to find friends/partners. Pray to God and ask His help in finding a partner and don't jump in too quickly. Church activities are a good start ie Bible studies/groups. I praise you indeed for realising that any partner you have should also be a Christian as we are told in the Bible and many people get into difficulties when they ignore this. I would imagine there are Christian dating sites, I don't know if that is of any interest.
As to what a Christian woman would be looking for, IF I was asked I would say firstly a godly man, strong in the Lord, caring, honest and although both equal- the man to be the strong one, dependable and devoted.

BUT why listen to me? I have never been married, am middleaged and permanently, happily single!!! :D

Seriously though all the best and God willing there is someone just right for you.

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Evaluate whether you are pursuing a relationship because of discontentment, or feeling lead by the Lord to pursue.
I don't see how those two are mutually exclusive. What is wrong with feeling discontentment about being single? The Bible mentions that celibacy is not for everyone.

Reactions: Mirandaaa
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
looking in CAc for a loving relationship

What are some tips you can give when trying to date a christian women ?

what are christian women into or want in a man ?

Date with a goal.

I know nowadays people say " Oh just go with the flow" or " Just see how you feeeeeellll" "just have funnnnnnnn" and feeelingssss and emotionssssss and blah blah blah blah blah. But a woman following God is not one who in my sight would be ruled by feeeelinnnggsssss. They gonna see dating through the lens of God. They will judge situations. So in how you present yourself, the places you pick, how you treat her, and the conversations you entertain with, she will check how it aligns not with her, but how it lines up with God's will. Don't pick places and do things that will compromise that and you should be fine. If you're naturally already doing that in everyday life, then just continue as such.

Also I would imagine that christian women, if they are dating, 9.7/10 they are looking for long-term relationship and marriage at some point ( unless they point blank say im just dating). So also judge the situation wisely. If they are not someone you see long-term, spare them the time.

Christian women want 2-3 things:
1. They want a man, that actually conduct himself as a man
2. They want a man, who knows they are a man
3. They want a man, who know they are a child of God.

The number of men I see right now that are either conducting themselves as everything other than a man (even acting as a woman, there I said it), that don't know how to be one or what it means to be one, or are not really a child of God is overwhelming. Its almost like men don't like being men. It hard for a woman, who is operating as a woman, to get behind a man, that doesn't like being a man. I know society is tearing up masculinity apart and putting all these negative connotations on being a man, praising the effeminates and male feminists, putting them on pedestals, but don't follow those things. Enjoy being a man and delight in the things God call men to do.

-Men are leaders
-Men (in marriage) are the head of their wives
-Men (also in marriage) are called to lay down their lives for their wives, as Christ lay down His life for the church.
-Men value their wives as he values his own life.

So with those in mind, even in singledom, there has to be a sense that there's an understanding of manhood. A Christian woman is not going in to expect someone that they have to be a leader of, or to be the head of, or to lay their lives for, even if she could do all those things, that is not what she is called for. They are looking for someone to submit to, to be lead by, and support. So same when you are trying to find a woman, she has to be one who you can lead, that you can be the head of, that would let you lay down your life for them, and that you can value like you value your own life. Get a woman that supports you being a man, and not emasculate. A woman that wants to emasculate, wants to be the "masculine" of the situation. Flee from them.

In knowing who you are as a man, you'll be able to love your rib, the woman, fully.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mirandaaa

Aug 7, 2018
Memphis
Visit site
✟8,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
@Mirandaaa

I think thos are some great things to get into.
Is that what your husband did for you also ?
do you find alot of people in your church going after this same method as well ?
I’m single, been single for for years now. But I’ve observed good ways for it to be done
Not everyone in my church (most are actually already married) have gone down that method, but I lived wiTh a family that taught me good way for it to be done.

Upvote 0

Mirandaaa

Aug 7, 2018
Memphis
Visit site
✟8,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't see how those two are mutually exclusive. What is wrong with feeling discontentment about being single? The Bible mentions that celibacy is not for everyone.
Thanks for asking!
Every person will obviously either marry or remain single.
Both are beautiful gifts from God ( 1 Cor 7 maybe??)
But in Philippians we are called to be content, we can be content in our singleness because we have the Lord
We have all we need in the Lord and nothing more.
We can desire marriage, but not be discontent in our singleness
When one is discontent they are saying “the only way for me to be satisfied is if I have this one specific thing” which is not the case, earthly things like marriage, or money, or success, will not satisfy our deepest longings, only Christ.

Upvote 0

Shogo Elite

Hello
Aug 7, 2018
Mammoth lakes
Visit site
✟8,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Hey i love the positive feed back brothers and sisters.
But this also brings up a more interesting thing to my mind.
Just why are Christians chooseing to remain single ? ...bad past relationships, horrible up bringing, lack of self confidence ?
Gen 2:18-Does not God say, it is not good for Man to be alone ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shogo Elite

Hello
Aug 7, 2018
Mammoth lakes
Visit site
✟8,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
adams-rib.jpg

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most of the girls I know who are single and hoping to marry are single because they can't find a really Godly man who is serious about his faith. Godly women don't want to marry a man they have to 'prop up' spiritually!

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey i love the positive feed back brothers and sisters.
But this also brings up a more interesting thing to my mind.
Just why are Christians chooseing to remain single ? ...bad past relationships, horrible up bringing, lack of self confidence ?
Gen 2:18-Does not God say, it is not good for Man to be alone ?

Yes Genesis said that, but the response wasn’t due to Adam feeing lonely, but due to Adam needing a suitable mate. There’s a different. That means woman are there to serve a purpose, not to serve entertainment.

That’s why I’m single, and probably why many choose to be. Because we recognize that if we were to be joined, it has to be for a purpose ,not out of loneliness. It could be also a compound of other things that drove people to that point, but for someone who decides to stay single or celebate consciously, I would examine that is why.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums