apmercer

Awe777
Apr 25, 2012
✟15,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Does anyone know of any good pentecostal churches in Auckland?
I am looking for one that:
-has both a morning and an evening service
-where the spiritual gifts are used alot.
-where they do no negotiate with sin. e.g. smoking is a sin, so the church will ban smoking, both inside and outside.
-Love God and love neighbour

apmercer

Awe777
Apr 25, 2012
✟15,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that city impact church is totally at the will of God.

I'm after a pentecostal church. I'm not really interested in an anglican church mainly because of the lack of full immersion baptisms and the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit don't flow usually in the services that I know of.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I believe that city impact church is totally at the will of God.
then they have a campus on the North shore and mount welliington.

Some friendly advice dont ever voice disagreement with the leadership, you will find very quickly you have no friends and end up on the outs

I'm after a pentecostal church. I'm not really interested in an anglican church mainly because of the lack of full immersion baptisms and the supernatural gifts of the Holy Spirit don't flow usually in the services that I know of.
Your loss

St Pauls has full immersion baptisms and operates in the gifts of the Holy spirit, if you choose not to attend a church because of its traditions you may miss out on a completely awesome church

Upvote 0

Grace51

Oct 17, 2010
✟1,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
-where they do no negotiate with sin. e.g. smoking is a sin, so the church will ban smoking, both inside and outside.
-Love God and love neighbour

valley road internationals in Mt Eden

pastor and pastor andrews are indians ( though they looks completely white), and they are great!

Upvote 0

EvieGrace

Nov 17, 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
✟7,611.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi! I know this is an old post (and hopefully you've found what you are looking for by now!) but just in case, Auckland Christian Assembly sounds perfect for what you are looking for!

They have a 10am Morning service - the usual format is: Worship (songs), testimony, talk, prayer for healing, song & communion, followed by 'voice gifts' (tongues, interpretation and prophesy), then a song to close, notices etc :)

All baptisms are by full immersion, the church is strong on 'receiving the Holy Spirit', the sign of which is speaking in Tongues. (Acts 2)

Drinking, smoking, etc are not accepted

They also have a smaller evening service at 7pm, this is seen as the 'youth' service, the worship is a little bit louder, the songs are more modern and gutsy. The talk/word is usually given by a member of the assembly (not a pastor) - generally a younger person 18 - 35 yrs. Amazing to hear what different people have to offer! There is then a time of prayer, which sometimes leads into the spiritual gifts again.

ACA is a great church for all ages! Hope this helps!

You can find it at: 26 Albany Highway, Glenfield :)

P.S. Our Christmas Service is on Sunday the 22 December, there will be items and performances by many talented people, followed by a yummy traditional Christmas lunch - free! All welcome!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,240.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Make sure that you find one that doesn't subscribe to the Discipleship/Shepherding doctrine, leaders having authority over every aspect of life, and that demonic "covering" doctrine. Also, avoid like the plague any church that advertises itself as "the local church" or the "New Testament" church. These are arrogant and believe that they are more at the "cutting edge" of what God is doing than anyone else. Also avoid churches that are built on the personalities or ministries of their "senior" pastor (s), because they are in hero worship and idolatory. I think with those issues, you might find it difficult to find a suitable church!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apmercer

Awe777
Apr 25, 2012
✟15,269.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Alot of churches are like that. They even misquote Malachi 3:7-10 in order for you to give them atleast 10% of your before tax income. That tithe Malachi was talking about was, for 2 out of 3 years, was for themselves to celebrate the feast of tabernacles (but some of that tithe was given away, such as to the poor, widows, orpans...). One out of every 3 years that tithe was for the Levites and the poor.

See Deut., chapters 14 and 16.

If they misquote Malachi it's greed and coveting. (Note: they might be doing it on a clean consciene though; lack of understanding).

2 Corinthians 9:7 (AMP) 7 Let each one [give] as he has made up his own mind and purposed in his heart, not reluctantly or sorrowfully or under compulsion, for God loves (He takes pleasure in, prizes above other things, and is unwilling to abandon or to do without) a cheerful (joyous, “prompt to do it”) giver [whose heart is in his giving].

Upvote 0

Joy1988

Oct 27, 2017
Chiredzi
✟7,801.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-Love God

I understand you posted long back but i just wanted to know if you manage to get 1 pentecostal. I am consisering moving ro Auckland and would like to go to a pentecostal church too

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Avoid destiny church and city impact church

St pauls is a charismatic anglican church in symmonds street. Early anglican service, family service at 10 and an evening service

what is wrong with City Impact church?

Upvote 0